OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Virtual Cameraman

Started by TheClash603, 12/30/2016, 01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClash603

The Virtual Cameraman games on Laseractive are some of my biggest guilty pleasures.  The games are hilarious and actually fairly challenging and fun to play.  Plus titties, even if they are a bit small...

Has anyone played the 3DO versions of the series?  It looks like part 1 and 2 on 3DO aren't the same as the Laseractive games, is this true?  How do the games compare regrading quality and content?

Finally, does anyone know if the games run fine on a U.S. 3DO?  I heard some games heavy with Japanese text have issues on a U.S. 3DO.

...I am hoping there is at least one fellow pervert out there who can help, before I decide to drop money on the 3DO games.

SamIAm

I have no idea, but I do know that the Japanese 3DO system has a built-in Japanese font that the US version doesn't. If you can find an example of the system font, then see if it matches whatever is in Virtual Cameraman, you'll probably have your answer.

SuperDeadite

Don't bother.  iirc on 3DO there are 7 games.  But, they are just the 2 LA games split up into more parts, as you can only fit so much on a CD as opposed to an LD.  The 3DO versions only have 2 girls per disc.  So if you have the LA games you already have everything from the 3DO games in better quality video plus 3D goggle support.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Clash: shame on you.

I didn't know the premise for Virtual Cameraman until this thread. Ha!

I also didn't know it was a "series" for 3DO (Japan).

I don't really care, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly curious about the 3DO versions.

I suspect I won't be able to play the games on my FZ-10, though...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/30/2016, 01:30 AMThe Virtual Cameraman games on Laseractive are some of my biggest guilty pleasures.  The games are hilarious and actually fairly challenging and fun to play.  Plus titties, even if they are a bit small...

Has anyone played the 3DO versions of the series?  It looks like part 1 and 2 on 3DO aren't the same as the Laseractive games, is this true?  How do the games compare regrading quality and content?

Finally, does anyone know if the games run fine on a U.S. 3DO?  I heard some games heavy with Japanese text have issues on a U.S. 3DO.

...I am hoping there is at least one fellow pervert out there who can help, before I decide to drop money on the 3DO games.
It runs on a US 3DO.

with that said I HATE the Q&A sections since I can't read them and it's just trial and error.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 12/30/2016, 07:17 AMIt runs on a US 3DO.

with that said I HATE the Q&A sections since I can't read them and it's just trial and error.
Hahahahhaha.

That would be tedious.

What are the questions about...are they trivia-based?

TheClash603

Quote from: esteban on 12/30/2016, 07:29 AM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 12/30/2016, 07:17 AMIt runs on a US 3DO.

Hahahahhaha.

That would be tedious.

No one knows what they say, but the girls reactions to my mysterious answers are awesome.  I find that picking exclamation point ending responses is usually a bad thing, but that's as far as my knowledge goes.  Once you guess right after a few tries and the picture taking segment opens, then only the true gamer prevails.

SuperD, thanks for confirming the 3DO games suck.  If I ever see one for $20 shipped I will pick it up out of curiosity, but I won't pay more now and I don't have any need for the full series.

If the game plays the same, I imagine doing the circle motion on a shit 3DO pad, versus a good Genesis pad, would be atrocious too.  Though I just had an epiphany that I should buy a Genesis arcade stick for this game.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 12/30/2016, 07:29 AMHahahahhaha.

That would be tedious.

The concept of the question and answer section is that you're a creepy dude with a camera and you just walk up to a girl and ask to take pictures of her. How well you do on the Q&A effects if they'll let you take pictures and do the actual "cameraman" part of the game. If you fail the Q&A (and usually you will) you get failure music and are sent back to the title screen.
--DragonmasterDan

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/30/2016, 08:16 AMNo one knows what they say, but the girls reactions to my mysterious answers are awesome.  I find that picking exclamation point ending responses is usually a bad thing, but that's as far as my knowledge goes.  Once you guess right after a few tries and the picture taking segment opens, then only the true gamer prevails.

SuperD, thanks for confirming the 3DO games suck.  If I ever see one for $20 shipped I will pick it up out of curiosity, but I won't pay more now and I don't have any need for the full series.

If the game plays the same, I imagine doing the circle motion on a shit 3DO pad, versus a good Genesis pad, would be atrocious too.  Though I just had an epiphany that I should buy a Genesis arcade stick for this game.
The 3DO controllers vary greatly from brand to brand. The Goldstars IMO are more comfortable.

I believe the 3DO games are just one girl per disc of girls from the first virtual cameraman (I only have the second one on Laseractive).
--DragonmasterDan

Opethian

this thread needs more Paolo
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: Opethian on 12/30/2016, 10:10 AMthis thread needs more Paolo
You won't play tennis and then let me spy on you through a peephole when you shower.

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 01/01/2017, 08:38 PMMandatory video:
Video needed more jugs.

Also, for those who have not played before, this game is NOT easy.  My friends and I played for hours one night and did not clear all the stages.

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/02/2017, 12:38 PM
Video needed more jugs.

Also, for those who have not playet before, this game is NOT easy.  My friends and I played for hours one night and did not clear all the stages.
I had never seen that video before from SupahDeadite! Hilarious!

Also, CLASH... thank you. Thanks to this thread and DEADITE's videos, I no longer have the urge to get the 3DO games. :)

SuperDeadite

Video needed more jugs.

Also, for those who have not played before, this game is NOT easy.  My friends and I played for hours one night and did not clear all the stages.
Then you clearly suck.  Generally any shot where she is looking at camera with eyes open is + points.  Just find the money shots and remember them.  Do not spam shots as bad ones penalize you by subtracting points. 

Anyway, for those wanting boobs, I recorded the final section of VC2 years ago.  You have to clear all 3 girls 100% to unlock this section, and it only exists on the LA original, none of the 3DO versions have it afaik.  PM me if you want the link...

xcrement5x

Deadite, have you cleared both VC and VC2 on the LA?

I remember you saying the key to the first game is knowing the order to go through the girls, since some are basically impossible to clear out of order.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

SuperDeadite

Quote from: guestDeadite, have you cleared both VC and VC2 on the LA?

I remember you saying the key to the first game is knowing the order to go through the girls, since some are basically impossible to clear out of order.
Haven't cleared VC1, as it is much more annoying.
1.  Yes, girl interview parts have to be completed in order.  The very first girl on the menu's interview is impossible to pass until you have completed some of the others first.  Hint, the girl's on the first 3DO release are the first girls you can pass with.

2.  The game doesn't tell you how many points you need to clear each video, making it a lot more guess work and frustrating then VC2.

3.  Unlike VC2 which had a bigger budget and hired actual pr0n stars.  VC1 were actually just random girls they picked up off the street, and you can really see the quality difference.

Due to the more frustrating gameplay, fugly faces, lack of extra unlockables, and no 3D support, VC1 really feels more like a prototype that gets annoying quickly.  VC2 is actually fun, and the one I recommend to all LA owners.

TheClash603

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 01/02/2017, 10:01 PM
Video needed more jugs.

Also, for those who have not playet before, this game is NOT easy.  My friends and I played for hours one night and did not clear all the stages.
Then you clearly suck.  Generally any shot where she is looking at camera with eyes open is + points.  Just find the money shots and remember them.  Do not spam shots as bad ones penalize you by subtracting points. 

Anyway, for those wanting boobs, I recorded the final section of VC2 years ago.  You have to clear all 3 girls 100% to unlock this section, and it only exists on the LA original, none of the 3DO versions have it afaik.  PM me if you want the link...
Next you will tell me to slow down when I am about to ejaculate to please my girlfriend...

When I play VC2, my shutter button replicates my masturbation motion and there is no way to calm down the stroke.

xcrement5x

We need to get you a Everdrive Deadite so you can copy that unlocked VC2 save and share it with the rest of us and poor clash doesn't need to throw off his fapping mojo. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)