@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Offer Up Buyer/ Seller tells.

Started by Medic_wheat, 01/07/2017, 03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

So I thought I'd share a funny story. I am currently selling some things I have doubles of to make space and buy other things.

I currently have a medley of games and systems up. One game I am selling is Pocket Foghters for the PSONE CIB. In pretty good shape and a fun game IMO. I had the game posted for about two weeks and I have had some messages. Mostly "what's your best offer?" And my response $25 that's posted. If you want to offer a different amount or trade for game comic or etc feel free. Then no response.

Today I got a buyer throw "$7" ina message nothing else. I responded with sorry to low loose copies regularly goes for $15-19.

The guy then askes me what is the game like?  I shoot back with a link to a YouTube video of the game in action. He responded with "so it's a SF game with babies?" 

At this point I figure okay guy is wasting my time.  I click on his image to see if he is selling things and what's his deal. He has various games posted as well some PSONE and more current mostly greatest hits. Everything is in the $25-40 range. What killed it for me was a packaged of used crayons for $20. It still has the sale sticker that's reads $1.99.

At this point I realize oh it's a reseller flipper. He isn't interested in playing the game.

The guy then sends me more messages saying hey okay how about $12. They are selling on eBay for $19 CIB. I tell him no. They are currently going $17-19 loose and $30-45 CIB on eBay there is one auction CIB that's at $12 but has more then six days left and I doubt it will sell that low.

Then he shoots back hey they go for $10 on eBay. I reply where?  He says in the sold listing one just soled for $10.20.

I say nah it's okay you don't seem interested.

His last message. It's okay dude it's just for the navaltiy. I don't want to pay to much.

This reminded me why I do t usually bother trying to sell things. It's more of a pain to try and sell then it is to buy.

With hat said anyone want to buy a box of crayons for $20?

TheClash603

I haven't sold anything in a long time, my horder game room is proof of that.  With that said, I am almost done setting up my game room and when I determine what doubles I have, I will likely do $1 ebay auctions and just let it go from there.

It's nearly impossible to sell anything in a way that makes sense anymore or can make everyone happy, so I just gave up on selling long ago.

blueraven

That part about the crayons is unreal.  :roll: :lol: :lol:

Good catch. I would have just ignored his offers and not even responded.

"navaltiy"

Its a word.

look it up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D>

Ok, I'll post a story soon, I'm still laughing at this one.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/07/2017, 04:04 PMI haven't sold anything in a long time, my horder game room is proof of that.  With that said, I am almost done setting up my game room and when I determine what doubles I have, I will likely do $1 ebay auctions and just let it go from there.

It's nearly impossible to sell anything in a way that makes sense anymore or can make everyone happy, so I just gave up on selling long ago.
That's actually why I put a few things for sale. I was able to organize and display the majority of my games and found a few doubles.

TurboXray

What's that have to do with PCE dev?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/07/2017, 06:44 PMWhat's that have to do with PCE dev?
Oh shoot meant to post this thread in chit chat.

Medic_wheat

Hey my Photobucket started working again.

IMG

IMG

Just to show some of the games he has for sale. So he should be this clueless when it comes to PS ONE games since he is selling some as well.

IMG

Let's not forget those Crayons.

IMG

Loves the discription. Smells like the 80s

IMG

Plus let's leave the price sticker on it.

IMG

IMG

Gredler

I look forward as to checking this development progress. Will it support sgx, and will it be designed for disc or card?

elmer

Quote from: Gredler on 01/07/2017, 08:47 PMI look forward as to checking this development progress. Will it support sgx, and will it be designed for disc or card?
Perhaps the OP was "developmentally challenged"?  :wink:  :lol:

Michirin9801

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/07/2017, 06:44 PMWhat's that have to do with PCE dev?
I was gonna ask the same thing but I hesitated and waited for someone else to do it >w>

cabbage

He's not lying, one did sell for $10.50 on ebay. The other auctions were under $20. Loose discs for $10 (buy-it-now).

Maybe you should have negotiated with him and tried to sell it for a reasonable price, instead of holding out for top-dollar ebay prices (while selling off-ebay even!)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gredler on 01/07/2017, 08:47 PMI look forward as to checking this development progress. Will it support sgx, and will it be designed for disc or card?
It will have all those feature and more. I am currently teaming up with the retro chanilian team to bring these features to this thread. If you could support my kickstarter that would be great.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: cabbage on 01/07/2017, 09:53 PMHe's not lying, one did sell for $10.50 on ebay. The other auctions were under $20. Loose discs for $10 (buy-it-now).

Maybe you should have negotiated with him and tried to sell it for a reasonable price, instead of holding out for top-dollar ebay prices (while selling off-ebay even!)
One might have. I clearly haven't. Ordered to check sold listing only current BIN and auctions.

Medic_wheat

Oh cool I didn't realize you could look at sold listing in the eBay app. Actually if you dig around some as of last month sold CIB for as low as $5 plus shipping and $7 ish.

And the flip side there more sold listing for $37-$34 it would seem for CIB.

So he could wait and nab one for $5 or buy at my middle of the road price. Or honestly offered a trade. Those crayons for $20 probably would ah e been enough.

Psycho Punch

It will support the illustbooster (to be used with 1985 crayons only)
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

blueraven

Medic_wheat

Moral of the story:

Logic.
Reasoning.
Fact checking.
Spell checking.

These are valuable skills that everyone should make a lifelong commitment to improve upon and apply to all things- especially internet auctions/sales and news media.

Quote from: cabbage on 01/07/2017, 09:53 PMMaybe you should have negotiated with him and tried to sell it for a reasonable price, instead of holding out for top-dollar ebay prices (while selling off-ebay even!)
/thread

:lol:[/quote]
Ok usually I don't take anything you day serious because you are a bit of a goof however. 

There was one sealed listing that sold for that price after I filtered he hell out of the sold completed listing. Granted this is maybe the third time in my life I look at sold completed listings?  Also I don't normally sell anything. I usually just give stuff away.

The majority of the complete non deal listing are still at my asking price of $25 or in the $30s and above.

To me CIC and CIBare interchangeable. I don't care how I was using two terms. Sure CIC is more game and CIB is more toys but really I feel we are splitting hairs.

Lastly I brought up what the guy was selling as well to show this

One he clearly could have offered something to trade and I probabaly would have been cool with it.

Two the guy has a weird scene in pricing him self when he is selling he is asking a shred pricing. The only game he has for less then $20 even is a $10 PS2 game that goes for $5 which he has as loose but labeled as "super rare"

I the end I was dealing with a guy locally who wasn't interested in playing a game then he was interested in buying something for a buck and flipping it for max profit.

The guy didn't even bother to look up on his own what the game was after from prices to throw at me.

It's right up there with a seller who had a NA Saturn with a Genesis game stuck in it saying it worked great tested it as working and was asking for $500.

TheClash603

Nulltard is right regarding the CIC vs CIB advice, if you are selling old games this is absolutely something you need to be aware of.  Collectards treat their games like I treat my women, the box is the best part.

crazydean

This thread is gold. Crayon emulation? lol

Gredler

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/08/2017, 12:20 PMNulltard is right regarding the CIC vs CIB advice, if you are selling old games this is absolutely something you need to be aware of.  Collectards treat their games like I treat my women, the box is the best part.
Candidate for analogy of the year. Also explains why I am such a terrible collector and blued out.

Now please move this frigging thread NecroPhile or NW!

blueraven

Quote from: crazydean on 01/08/2017, 12:41 PMThis thread is gold. Crayon emulation? lol
:lol:

This is too good.

Nulltard You're off the rails! (And some how you also gained the title "Boxhunter Super-sleuth")

Again, null, I can't really argue with what you're saying although It makes me want to smash a coffee mug.

Psycho Punch

Nulltard salvaged this thread :lol:
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Dicer

Only thing that this thread has to do with development is the fact that I'm developing a headache from it...

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 01/08/2017, 06:53 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 01/08/2017, 06:31 PMOnly thing that this thread has to do with development is the fact that I'm developing a boner from it...
Fixed!
That too but I was keeping it SFW!!!

TurboXray

Dicer

Gypsy

NecroPhile

Lulz at the crayon emulation bit.

As for the rest, methinks cabby nailed it.  The dude wanted to buy it as cheap as the cheapest on ebay and the seller wanted the other end of the rainbow.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: Dicer on 01/08/2017, 11:47 PM
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/08/2017, 11:41 PM
HOLY SHIT FR-025!!!
This is totally my kind of video. Love it.

Also...CRAYONS...hmmmm...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

blueraven