The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

PS3 Move Games

Started by Medic_wheat, 01/22/2017, 12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

So I was going through my games and took note of the move games I currently own. Which turns out to be three. I could have sworn I had more. With that in mind I started to look through what PS3 move games were released and which ones might be interesting.

Have:

Children of Eden
Resistance 3
No More Heros HD
Dead Space Extraction HD (with DS2)
Portal 2
Puppeteer
Resident Evil 5 Gild Edition
Rune Factory tides of destiny

INTERESTED

house of the dead overkill HD
Deadly premonition Directors Cut
De blob 2
Epic Mickey 2 (didn't know it was in the PS3)
Heavy Rain (PS4 getting a HD port on the fence)
House of the Dead 3&4 (physical release?)
Infamous 2
Killzone 3
Medevile Moves
Need for Speed most Wanted
Ninja Gadien 3
okami
Resident Evil dark side/umbrella chronicles (physical?)
The sky collection
Time crises with guncon (only seen it once locally)
Resident Evil 4 (on the fence since it also got a physical PS4 release but unsure if it has any move functionality)

I went off a list of move titles in Wikipedia. Some of the ones I listed in my have list I didn't realize to be move games as I just tend to look at the spine label.

bob

i have always wondered how good the move gun games are.
that stupid controller just looks like something Nulltard would enjoy sitting on, so i never wanted to touch one.
im kind of glad it failed.  way late to the motion party.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: gynt on 01/22/2017, 12:11 PMim kind of glad it failed.  way late to the motion party.
IMG
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Medic_wheat

Late?  I like to think best time to start as the price to entry is super cheap. Lol.

bob

Medic_wheat

Oddly I notice the move works with the PS4?  Wasn't even aware move game awere made for the PS4.

Psycho Punch

Move is mostly used as the main input method for most Playstation VR games. It's not as precise as say, the controllers for the Vive but they're pretty good considering the age of the technology.

I had one for my PS3 but I sold it because there weren't many games that used it. Sports Champions' sword game was actually pretty engaging.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Gredler

I worked at the company that made sports champions 1 & 2, and midevial moves. I started there after those games were completed, but they were very proud of them, and I never played them, so I will be very interested to hear your opinions on them - I never played them

seieienbu

I'm not the biggest fan of motion controls in video games.  I gave them a shot when the Wii was new and quickly decided that they weren't for me.  The last straw was when I finally got a new NiGHTS game and somehow found myself unable to enjoy the game because of the wiimote. 

That being said, I enjoyed Heavy Rain a lot.  I played it again with the motion controls and even though I didn't really think that it added anything new to the experience, it still felt like a video game.  I didn't feel like I was arguing with a device that didn't feel like it was aptly suited for fine control over a character that would be better suited for a d-pad.  So, I guess the game gets my recommendation.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

bob

Quote from: seieienbu on 01/22/2017, 04:18 PMI'm not the biggest fan of motion controls in video games.  I gave them a shot when the Wii was new and quickly decided that they weren't for me.  The last straw was when I finally got a new NiGHTS game and found somehow myself unable to enjoy the game because of the wiimote. 

That being said, I enjoyed Heavy Rain a lot.  I played it again with the motion controls and even though I didn't really think that it added anything new to the experience, it still felt like a video game.  I didn't feel like I was arguing with a device that didn't feel like it was aptly suited for fine control over a character that would be better suited for a d-pad.  So, I guess the game gets my recommendation.
ever play The Calling on wii?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: gynt on 01/22/2017, 06:03 PMever play The Calling on wii?
Yes I enjoyed it emensly. Makes me want to try Juno for the Wii as well. However, I'd have to be able to find a copy first.

bartre

house of the dead overkill HD - Do it, light gun action is always good
Deadly premonition Directors Cut - Great game, never messed with the motion controls though.
De blob 2 - mehhhhh, #1 on wii is all I need
Epic Mickey 2 (didn't know it was in the PS3) - I had a lot of fun, but I've heard that #1 is way better
Heavy Rain (PS4 getting a HD port on the fence) - I'd just grab it now, PS3 games are all super cheap
House of the Dead 3&4 (physical release?) - no physical release, but I'd suggest grabbing them anyway.
Infamous 2 - one of the best games on the system, but hardly worth the move controls
Killzone 3 - similar as infamous 2
Medevile Moves - never heard of it
Need for Speed most Wanted - mehhhhhhhhhhhhh
Ninja Gadien 3 - I'd suggest controller
okami - YES
Resident Evil dark side/umbrella chronicles (physical?) - no physical release, but I'd still suggest grabbing it
The sky collection - never heard of it
Time crises with guncon (only seen it once locally) - I'd suggest them, but I've only heard of Razing storm supporting move
Resident Evil 4 - Meh, there's a million ways to play the game. Whatever is convenient.

Medic_wheat

Resident Evil umbrella chronicles for the PS3 was a Japan physical release only as well as the RE 4 move game.

xcrement5x

House of the Dead Overkill is an awesome game; super campy, crazy dialog and over the top scenarios. 

I played the Wii version and loved it, I have the PS3 version too but haven't been arsed to mess with it since I've not wanted to replay it after unlocking everything in the Wii version. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Gypsy

Quote from: seieienbu on 01/22/2017, 04:18 PMI'm not the biggest fan of motion controls in video games.  I gave them a shot when the Wii was new and quickly decided that they weren't for me.  The last straw was when I finally got a new NiGHTS game and somehow found myself unable to enjoy the game because of the wiimote. 

Oh man amen. I really wanted to like Rodea. In fact, I feel like I was enjoying it a fair bit despite the controls but then it just ended up being too annoying to finish. This reminds me I should actually try the Wii U version and see how that is.

Exceptions for me are some of the Ninty staples on Wii since those are fairly well implemented usually and not too bad. The Mario Galaxy games being easily my favourite of any game with motion controls of any kind.