PC Engine City - feedback please

Started by _Paul, 10/07/2006, 06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

I want to make sure that the show doesn't become stale, so I'm open for any suggestions of things you'd like to hear (I don't mean specific tracks).

For example, do you want more talk, less talk, news (such as it is), comments about chat on these boards, more chip music, more CD music, longer episodes, shorter episodes, interactive stuff (like the 'guess the sound effect' in the last one)?

What do you think of having your say i.e. Sending me a sound file with your comments about something PCE related that I can play in the show?

What did you think about the 'secret' retro-games music special I slipped in?

How about talking about PC Engine sites on the web, or having a certain game to look at in-depth each episode?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Digi.k

you could alternate between shows that have less talk, shows with more...

when you mention talking about certain game you could talk about the series 'soldier' series, bomerman series etc.

Or a whole show dedicated with music from one software company like Hudson soft, a konami show etc...  or episode with music from one composer etc with talk about their works..

the sound effects from the last show.. was that from bomberman' 93?

meh my imagination isn't what it used to be...  :?

personally I think your shows are fine as they are and the length they run at is just right kinda like the length an anime episode runs for.

CrackTiger

Quote from: "sunteam_paul"I want to make sure that the show doesn't become stale, so I'm open for any suggestions of things you'd like to hear (I don't mean specific tracks).

For example, do you want more talk, less talk, news (such as it is), comments about chat on these boards, more chip music, more CD music, longer episodes, shorter episodes, interactive stuff (like the 'guess the sound effect' in the last one)?

What do you think of having your say i.e. Sending me a sound file with your comments about something PCE related that I can play in the show?

What did you think about the 'secret' retro-games music special I slipped in?

How about talking about PC Engine sites on the web, or having a certain game to look at in-depth each episode?

Any ideas are appreciated.

I think that an all chat radio show would be very cool. Especially if you give your thoughts on games the way you have in PC Engine City shows, but also talk about anything PCE related, such as sites, Wii emulation, old magazine articles etc...

I like the balance that you strike between the chip and CD music. All chip or all CD shows would be fine, as long as you don't abandom your original formula/show.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Chakan

I enjoyed the music shows as they are and think you shouldn't change too much about them. They've got a good focus and seem to satisfy their target audience quite well. The "interactive" stuff as you put it is cool and perhaps you could work in an ocassional contest, where the listeners are encouraged to email in answers for a chance at a prize drawing?

Perhaps starting an alternative talk show would be pretty cool. I would not mind downloading a show featuring historical pieces, reviews on games, reviews on hardware, spotlighting things from the interweb, and, of course, information on the new NEC games that are going to be on the Wii and PS3; etc. Keep it going and be proactive about it, and you could probably get some cool interviews lined up. :)

I'm not sure if you publish PC Engine City on a set schedule, but it helps your audience greatly. If you do PCEC one week, you could do the talk show the next, or whatever schedule you can maintain.

Chakan

I guess I should also note that you could fairly easily record a talk show with other people over services like Ventrillo and Teamspeak. A USB headset/mic should be pretty darn easily to find.

I love decent/interesting talk shows and have wanted to do one for quite some time. If I felt I'd be a good addition to such a cast, I'd volounteer... However, as you know, I'm a PCE N00b. :)

Do other people think this would be a cool/worthwhile idea? How do you feel about it, Paul?

_Paul

Well I'm currently in talks with 'someone' to do 'something' 'sometime'.

Erm, hope that isn't too vague.

Ninja Spirit

What Chakan mentioned, I'm all for that!
I actually don't mind the talking on the show.

I like British accents  8)

MotherGunner

I want you to say "MotherGunner, ole Chap!" on the show...That way I can tell my friends! :)

...Oh Im dead serious...
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

_Paul

Quote from: "MotherGunner"I want you to say "MotherGunner, ole Chap!" on the show...That way I can tell my friends! :)

...Oh Im dead serious...

Be careful what you wish for  :wink:

Odonadon

Right, he didn't specify what to say before or after saying it :)

OD

MotherGunner

Eh, just looking for a hello, that's all.. lol
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)