OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Wizardry partially in English, so how much work to make them FULL English

Started by Dicer, 02/24/2017, 11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dicer

The Wizardy games on PCE, smattered with a mix of English and Japanese, how much work would it take to fully translate?

Just crept into my noggin this morning so I figured I'd ask.

CrackTiger

Probably as challenging as any other translation, in that it's all about whether the text is compressed and if so, what format.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 02/24/2017, 01:32 PMProbably as challenging as any other translation, in that it's all about whether the text is compressed and if so, what format.
Wouldn't the fact that there's already a English set in there make it a bit quicker?

Again I'm not up on the total process, it was just a random thought fart...

CrackTiger

Quote from: Dicer on 02/24/2017, 07:43 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 02/24/2017, 01:32 PMProbably as challenging as any other translation, in that it's all about whether the text is compressed and if so, what format.
Wouldn't the fact that there's already a English set in there make it a bit quicker?

Again I'm not up on the total process, it was just a random thought fart...
Not if it's harder to figure out than a dozen other desirable games that do not exist in English in any form. Willing translators are easier to find and not to take anything away from them, it is much more difficult and more work cracking a CD game and getting a translation fully working in-game..
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

There's hardly enough dialog in Wizardry to make it worth translating , honestly.

the satisfaction of those games mostly comes from the gameplay and dungeon crawl. 

the weirder question would be, why didn't they release these games in English in the first place?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BigusSchmuck

Well there is a translation for the Snes Wizardry 1-3. Honestly, they could lift it from them or even the pc version. However, there's enough new content in 4 that would make it worthwhile especially the different endings, monster's gaining levels, etc. Would make my day, that's for sure.

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 02/25/2017, 11:21 PMMaybe juts a translation for the bit where it nukes your fucking save ram. I'd be cool with that.
Tell us more?

Pokun

Ouch!
I guess it's possible that your Backup RAM had become corrupt and Wizadry kindly formated it for you so it could be used again though.

But on the other hand there apparently are games that do erase your BRAM without warning when you play them! Sometimes because the BRAM is full, and sometimes for no reason at all (bad programming I guess).
http://www.blackfalcongames.net/?p=190
According to this list, Hi-leg Fantasy is one of the ones that just randomly erases BRAM for no reason, but the best has to be Space Fantasy Zone (unreleased). It doesn't save to BRAM, it just erases it!

CrackTiger

Some of those games take up all of the space and will erase anything else every time.

Psycho Punch

I'm still mad that Godzilla ate my Might and Magic 3 savegame.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG