OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

A Visit to Digtal Press in Clifton NJ

Started by EvilEvoIX, 02/26/2017, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilEvoIX

Yesterday I finally made it to Digital Press, arguably the best classic gaming store in NJ, because they got a stack of Neo Geo Games.  After a visit I will say that it is certainly the best for these reasons:

1.  Knowledgeable Staff, really know their stuff and they care.
2.  Fair trade in values, I brought in some doubles and consoles I didn't need and they offer WAY more than other shops
3.  YOU CAN SELL YOUR STUFF THERE TO OTHER GAMERS!!  Once a month bring your stuff there and sell it to their customers like a swap meet.  When I was there, a guy was selling FOUR Game Cube Component Cables, $200 each.  Never saw 1 let alone 4.
4.  Fair pricing on certain items, some games and consoles that are much higher elsewhere are fairly priced there.
5.  They were having a 3DO Tournament when I got there.
6.  They repair consoles, even the Virtual Boy.
7.  Amazing Selection!!!

IMG

IMG

NOT Free....

IMG

IMG

You can see the people playing 3DO on the bottom.  Free to enter I think they had prizes.

IMG

These Cases rotated with a button push.  Common items Turbo Games LYNX Gameboy/Advance, Game Gear

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

I asked the attendant how this SNES Display generated Scan Lines and her opened it up, SCART, that's right SCART to a VGA converter to a monitor.  This is how it came in the States. Very cool.  It's all original.

FYI that's my buddy buying DOOM for the 32X only to realize that he already had it.  Also bought  with the Donkey Konga game with the Drums only to realize it's unplayable on a LCD due to the delay, CRT only.

IMG

What's left of the Neo Geo Stuff up top.  They got a STACK of killer games that all went quick.  I managed to get one rare one that must have had a mistake on pricing as it was a steal. 

IMG

Perfectly working and has the Flashboy in it  I must get one!!!!

IMG

IMG

Mad Dog McCree on the 3DO Via GXTV.  Doesn't get more 90's than that.  The gun was a little off when I played.
The guy on the left was repairing a 3DO.

IMG

IMG

IMG

That Neo Geo in the back has a LCD in it, looks TERRIBLE!!!!  Had KOF and SSII in it.  Beside the neo was a row of desktops to play League of Legends and other PC games.

IMG

Where Maddon Genesis Carts, Dreamcast web browsers disks, NBA2K games go to die.  Tons of NES dust covers and rental cases too.

IMG

IMG

IMG

Loved all these table tops and Classic Nintendo Hand-Helds.  Two Commodore 64 monitors with Super Game boys running through them.

IMG

IMG

Brand New Turbo Duo in the Box $799.99.  Told me it works fine.

IMG

IMG

Thanks Guys
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Dicer

$799 for a box full of leaky caps, woohoo... seems like a nice store otherwise.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Dicer on 02/26/2017, 01:30 PM$799 for a box full of leaky caps, woohoo... seems like a nice store otherwise.
They said it worked?  Maybe recapped who knows but Brand new.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

bob

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 02/26/2017, 04:51 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 02/26/2017, 01:30 PM$799 for a box full of leaky caps, woohoo... seems like a nice store otherwise.
if its "brand new" how does anybody know if it works?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: gynt on 02/26/2017, 05:22 PM
They Opened it and tested it like everything they get.  It wasn't shrink wrapped you open it up.  Give them a call and ask.
IMGIMGIMG

bob

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 02/26/2017, 05:24 PM
Quote from: gynt on 02/26/2017, 05:22 PM
They Opened it and tested it like everything they get.  It wasn't shrink wrapped you open it up.  Give them a call and ask.
oh, i believe ya.  what were they asking on jackie chan and vasteel?

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG

Dicer

Sure the unit works, unless they checked sound it could be leaky, esp if it's "new" and has been sitting in the box but I digress...it's not like I'm rushing out the door to go get it.

bob

nothing should be advertised as "brand new" if it's ever been taken out and plugged in.
Prob tested only the card side.  Or maybe they opened the vasteel, dropped it on the floor, stuck it in the duo and is now selling vasteel as "brand new" as well.

NecroPhile

Quote from: gynt on 02/26/2017, 06:34 PMnothing should be advertised as "brand new" if it's ever been taken out and plugged in.
+1.  Once opened and tested it's no longer "brand new"; it's "like new, complete in box".
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 02/27/2017, 10:05 AM
Quote from: gynt on 02/26/2017, 06:34 PMnothing should be advertised as "brand new" if it's ever been taken out and plugged in.
+1.  Once opened and tested it's no longer "brand new"; it's "like new, complete in box".
I agree, but lets say you want to buy this system, wouldn't you like to see it work or is it simply a shelf decoration at this point?  Meaning sold as is not tested New in Box yadda yadda yadda
IMGIMGIMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 02/27/2017, 10:32 AMI agree, but lets say you want to buy this system, wouldn't you like to see it work or is it simply a shelf decoration at this point?  Meaning sold as is not tested New in Box yadda yadda yadda
What I'd want isn't even remotely relevant.  The fact is that it isn't brand new and shouldn't be advertised as such.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 02/27/2017, 10:38 AM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 02/27/2017, 10:32 AMI agree, but lets say you want to buy this system, wouldn't you like to see it work or is it simply a shelf decoration at this point?  Meaning sold as is not tested New in Box yadda yadda yadda
What I'd want isn't even remotely relevant.  The fact is that it isn't brand new and shouldn't be advertised as such.
Got it.
IMGIMGIMG

JoshTurboTrollX

I've always been keen on checking that place out if I'm ever in that neck of the woods.

Someday...

Thanks for the in depth pics.  Looks awesome!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 02/27/2017, 11:34 AMI've always been keen on checking that place out if I'm ever in that neck of the woods.

Someday...

Wonderful place.  Excellent staff, lots of new stuff traded in regularly.  I'm shocked someone traded in a stack of Neo Geo games.  They are almost always traded privately.
IMGIMGIMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 02/27/2017, 11:34 AMI've always been keen on checking that place out if I'm ever in that neck of the woods.

Someday...

Yeah, I was a regular on the DP forums for a long time but have always been interested in seeing the actual store as well. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 02/27/2017, 12:51 PM

Someday...

Yeah, I was a regular on the DP forums for a long time but have always been interested in seeing the actual store as well. 
The DP forums are a shitshow, but the store itself looks pretty great.

The guy that runs it is a cool dude too.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

CGQuarterly

I'd love to visit the store someday.  DigitalPress were my first video game forums, and I used to go to their CGE shows when they held them here in NorCal.  Yes, the forums are awful now, but in 2004 they were the place to be.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 02/27/2017, 02:54 PMI'd love to visit the store someday.  DigitalPress were my first video game forums, and I used to go to their CGE shows when they held them here in NorCal.  Yes, the forums are awful now, but in 2004 they were the place to be.
Yeah when I went there it was mostly Aussie2B and EdOscuro being dumbassed know it alls, without actually having much of a goddamn clue what they were saying.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 02/27/2017, 03:00 PM
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 02/27/2017, 02:54 PMI'd love to visit the store someday.  DigitalPress were my first video game forums, and I used to go to their CGE shows when they held them here in NorCal.  Yes, the forums are awful now, but in 2004 they were the place to be.
Yeah when I went there it was mostly Aussie2B and EdOscuro being dumbassed know it alls, without actually having much of a goddamn clue what they were saying.
All the drama remembered from 10-15 years ago.  I didn't even know that they had a forum until now.  I imagine all forums argue for the fun of it.  I think it subsides as the members get older.
IMGIMGIMG

Gentlegamer

FREE PORTNOYD!
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 02/28/2017, 08:46 AM
All the drama remembered from 10-15 years ago.  I didn't even know that they had a forum until now.  I imagine all forums argue for the fun of it.  I think it subsides as the members get older.
90% of Google searches on classic game questions still returns Digital Press forum threads from 10-15 years ago.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

xcrement5x

DP asked a lot of the important questions early on and it was one of the few "general" gaming sites that covered a lot of stuff, had a lot of members, and kept the drama to a minimum for the most part I think.  One of the things I liked the most is that they classified a game by rarity, not price in their databases. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

ChuChu Flamingo

Why is a Alien Soldier Repro in the glass case.

bartre

same, i still remember that's the forum where 2 big things happened for me-
1 - I discovered repro games, I still have a handful of the ones I built via the knowledge I got there.
2 - That's where I bought my first NEC hardware, a Duo-R with like 5 games, which led me here.

Quote from: ChuChu Flamingo on 03/01/2017, 02:28 AMWhy is a Alien Soldier Repro in the glass case.
I'm hoping everyone in the store knows what it is, but to be fair, it is a pretty awesome game once you get the hang of it

Johnpv

It's a pretty great store for the most part.  I live about 25 minutes from there, and my friend and I go probably once a month.  They just did a remodel at the end of February (27th and 28th I think), wonder what is different now.  For the most part their pricing is pretty damn good, every now and then though you find common shit that's way over priced and rare stuff that is way cheaper than it should be.  I was actually there a little bit after those NeoGeo games were traded in as they were getting priced.  I was picking up an in the box Golvelleus.

esteban

This store is very close to me, but I am just too old and have too much stuff to get excited about the inventory and pricing. I admit I am spoiled.

However, they used to have monthly get-together and if they still do, I think it would be fun to check it out. Lots of parents bringing their kids (which is what I might do).

So....I think it's kinda funny that I'm thinking about bringing my kids.

I'm old.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 03/07/2017, 05:10 PMHowever, they used to have monthly get-together and if they still do, I think it would be fun to check it out.
You could do an onsite Turbo DPoodle!

DildoKKKobold

Thanks for this, is always cool to see a store with good inventory. However, even without being able to see the prices, you know most shit has to be eBay or above, or it would be empty as a grocery store after the apocalypse. At least, this is what I've seen in my video game hunting around the country. Any store with good prices gets torn apart by the pack of hungry collectors that act like starving dogs.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Johnpv

They still do the Monthly events there.  I think on their website you can sign up for the email about it, called NAVA.

esteban

Quote from: Johnpv on 03/07/2017, 06:50 PMThey still do the Monthly events there.  I think on their website you can sign up for the email about it, called NAVA.
Yeah, I gotta check that out!

:)

Quote from: guest on 03/07/2017, 05:42 PM
Quote from: esteban on 03/07/2017, 05:10 PMHowever, they used to have monthly get-together and if they still do, I think it would be fun to check it out.
You could do an onsite Turbo DPoodle!
Ok, I'm not joking: I think I have to do this. I never thought about it before. I just have to figure out an "angle" that would work.

For example, I haven't been there in years, but they used to have a bunch of TurboStuff in a display cabinet...but I didn't see the same stuff in the photos above...

Circa 09.15.07 (nearly a decade ago, damn...!)

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Johnpv

They typically rotate out the display stuff in that back corner.  I don't know how often they do but it does change over time.