10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

OFFICIAL ZELDA:BOTW TOPIC

Started by Dicer, 03/09/2017, 05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PukeSter

Quote from: guest on 03/16/2017, 10:53 AMI know nothing about this game.. regarding finishing everything in the the game, does it track your completion percentage?
It tracks main quests and side quests, not sure where shrines are tracked.

Also good luck finding 900 korok seed puzzles!

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 03/16/2017, 02:13 PM
Quote from: guest on 03/16/2017, 10:53 AMI know nothing about this game.. regarding finishing everything in the the game, does it track your completion percentage?

It's not worth tracking them all down what you get isn't worth the effort, unless you are a completionist.

I've got all memories done, 2 of 4 divines down and one the third...and I bought the house.

I see the end coming and I don't wanna reach it, last few plays have just been me running around gathering materials and wrecking shit.

sirhcman

Thanks lukester. As an orb hunter this has my interest piqued!

DragonmasterDan

I have like 7 and constantly run out of weapons.
--DragonmasterDan

TDIRunner

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/16/2017, 04:42 PM

I have like 7 and constantly run out of weapons.
The korok seeds are the cure to running out of weapons.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TDIRunner on 03/16/2017, 05:49 PMThe korok seeds are the cure to running out of weapons.
That's what samba tree amigo told me
--DragonmasterDan

OldRover

This game is sexist. Anita says so.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Dicer

Quote from: OldRover on 03/18/2017, 04:32 PMThis game is sexist. Anita says so.
Knew it was only a matter of time till she mouthed off, god she is a mess...BUT ASSUMED STRAIGHT MALE PLAYER MISOGYNY!!!!!

Dicer

One more divine to go and I'm looking quite stylish...

/WVW69kKsYn4-0o7k3K

BigusSchmuck

Killed my first Lynel last night. Holy shit those things are hard. Was doing the Zora quest thingy. Burned through most of my weapons and destroyed my knights shield. :/ Was pleasantly surprised on how difficult this game can be. The fact that if I missed my block even once that thing would kill me in one hit. I realized after I killed him that it wasn't a requirement for the shock arrow quest...

gheebee

Beat this earlier today but didn't really complete it since I only found 92 shrines and had some side quests that I didn't do. Kind of wanted to not do the castle until everything else was done to make the game last longer but my curiosity got the better of me and the castle can be completed a lot quicker than expected. With 91 hours and 34 minutes of play time this is probably my most played Wii U game and I feel like there is still a fair amount left for me to explore in it too. Great game!

Gentlegamer

Quote from: Dicer on 03/19/2017, 10:48 PMOne more divine to go and I'm looking quite stylish...
/WVW69kKsYn4-0o7k3K
Why did you take a pic of a bokoblin? Where's Link?
IMG

TDIRunner

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 03/20/2017, 09:40 PMKilled my first Lynel last night. Holy shit those things are hard. Was doing the Zora quest thingy. Burned through most of my weapons and destroyed my knights shield. :/ Was pleasantly surprised on how difficult this game can be. The fact that if I missed my block even once that thing would kill me in one hit. I realized after I killed him that it wasn't a requirement for the shock arrow quest...
Yeah, I died a lot before I realized I could just pick up the arrows and ignore him. 

So far for me, the Lynel is the most intimidating enemy in the game.  I've ran into 4 so far and I've avoided them all, but it's my goal to eventually take them out.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

PukeSter

Quote from: TDIRunner on 03/21/2017, 11:26 AM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 03/20/2017, 09:40 PMKilled my first Lynel last night. Holy shit those things are hard. Was doing the Zora quest thingy. Burned through most of my weapons and destroyed my knights shield. :/ Was pleasantly surprised on how difficult this game can be. The fact that if I missed my block even once that thing would kill me in one hit. I realized after I killed him that it wasn't a requirement for the shock arrow quest...
Yeah, I died a lot before I realized I could just pick up the arrows and ignore him. 

So far for me, the Lynel is the most intimidating enemy in the game.  I've ran into 4 so far and I've avoided them all, but it's my goal to eventually take them out. 
Problem with Lynels is they are easy to flurry rush, but they have such a high health pool that you better have some good weapons with you.

I've only killed the Gerudo and Zora Lynels so far. I hear the one in the Collisseum is the hardest/most durable.

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 03/21/2017, 01:39 PMI've only killed the Gerudo and Zora Lynels so far. I hear the one in the Collisseum is the hardest/most durable.
I killed the one in the Collisseum, then climed to the top of the Collisseum and was scouting where to go next, and then the blood moon hit and he respawned before my eyes. It was pretty danm discouraging.

This game is a marvel in game intuitive game design, have you guys done the lost woods yet? I had a hard time initially, and almost googled the solution; but the success rate of experimentation in this game up to that point encouraged me to try new things, and surely enough a couple experimental attempts lead me to the solution.

Still consistently surprising and fun.

TDIRunner

Quote from: Gredler on 03/21/2017, 01:53 PM
Quote from: guest on 03/21/2017, 01:39 PMI've only killed the Gerudo and Zora Lynels so far. I hear the one in the Collisseum is the hardest/most durable.
I killed the one in the Collisseum, then climed to the top of the Collisseum and was scouting where to go next, and then the blood moon hit and he respawned before my eyes. It was pretty danm discouraging.

This game is a marvel in game intuitive game design, have you guys done the lost woods yet? I had a hard time initially, and almost googled the solution; but the success rate of experimentation in this game up to that point encouraged me to try new things, and surely enough a couple experimental attempts lead me to the solution.

Still consistently surprising and fun.
I didn't realize the blood moon respawned the mini bosses.  I thought they stayed dead and only the regular enemies came back.  Good to know.  I once had a blood moon hit me during the middle of a battle with a group of enemies in their camp.  I had killed about half of them, but I was under powered at the time and in a little over my head, so that wasn't much fun. 

I received my 13th heart last night, so I'm headed to the lost woods tonight.  So far I'm going without a guide, but I've been picking up hits and tricks in some of the forums (such as knowing I need 13 hearts for the Master Sword).  But it's my goal to get through the forest without help. 

Gredler

Quote from: TDIRunner on 03/21/2017, 02:08 PMI received my 13th heart last night, so I'm headed to the lost woods tonight.  So far I'm going without a guide, but I've been picking up hits and tricks in some of the forums (such as knowing I need 13 hearts for the Master Sword).  But it's my goal to get through the forest without help.   
Yep, same here. I haven't looked a guides, and have avoided spoilers my best, but the zeitgeist discussion of discoveries in this game has been a fun element, so I've involved myself in discussions on the forums I frequent. I also heard of the 13 heart thing, so I followed up and went to lost woods when I got my 13th heart. Fun stuff so far, enjoy the woods!

Gentlegamer

Blood moon respawns everything in the world, including loose weapons (not in chests).

From what I can tell, manandtaurs can respawn at different levels. I killed one that was blue, after a blood moon, I went back to farm it, and it was white.
IMG

TDIRunner

Quote from: Gredler on 03/21/2017, 02:38 PM
Quote from: TDIRunner on 03/21/2017, 02:08 PMI received my 13th heart last night, so I'm headed to the lost woods tonight.  So far I'm going without a guide, but I've been picking up hits and tricks in some of the forums (such as knowing I need 13 hearts for the Master Sword).  But it's my goal to get through the forest without help.   
Yep, same here. I haven't looked a guides, and have avoided spoilers my best, but the zeitgeist discussion of discoveries in this game has been a fun element, so I've involved myself in discussions on the forums I frequent. I also heard of the 13 heart thing, so I followed up and went to lost woods when I got my 13th heart. Fun stuff so far, enjoy the woods!
Thanks.

While I'm avoiding guides and spoilers, I actually enjoy the forum discussions and reading about how people have accomplished the same thing in different ways, so I don't mind picking up on a few hints that way.  Also, the fact that there are so many different ways to accomplish the same thing is probably my favorite aspect of the game so far.

TR0N

Defeated the boss for the rito region the other night.I did find that boss fight rather easy compared to the last two.I don't know if i'll 100% the game i just want to finish it asap at this point.I was watching,superbunnyhop look at zelda botw and i agree it's not a prefect game.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Dicer

Last Divine is down...now to finish my countryside romp and head on in...I don't want it to end.

:(

Gentlegamer

FYI, there are shrines that are obscured from the air, so you can't see them from towers or mountains. Have to be on the ground.
IMG

DragonmasterDan

I'm nowhere near as far as any of you. I'm up to seven hearts and maybe 17 shrines cleared. I'm not using any guides and am just wandering around, gathering resources and finding things.
--DragonmasterDan

Gentlegamer

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/22/2017, 08:56 AMI'm nowhere near as far as any of you. I'm up to seven hearts and maybe 17 shrines cleared. I'm not using any guides and am just wandering around, gathering resources and finding things.
A guy on NA basically beat the game with just 4-8 hearts (each divine beast gives a heart) because he didn't do any side quests or exploring, just followed the main quest log. Didn't even expand his weapon/bow/shield inventory slots. Made the game way hard on himself
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/22/2017, 09:03 AMA guy on NA basically beat the game with just 4-8 hearts (each divine beast gives a heart) because he didn't do any side quests or exploring, just followed the main quest log. Didn't even expand his weapon/bow/shield inventory slots. Made the game way hard on himself
Are the divine beasts actually required to beat the game? I've been loosely following the quest log (just found a memory picture place) and have been making wider and wider circles of the general area around Karikaiko Village looking for shrines.
--DragonmasterDan

Gentlegamer

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/22/2017, 09:09 AM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/22/2017, 09:03 AMA guy on NA basically beat the game with just 4-8 hearts (each divine beast gives a heart) because he didn't do any side quests or exploring, just followed the main quest log. Didn't even expand his weapon/bow/shield inventory slots. Made the game way hard on himself
Are the divine beasts actually required to beat the game? I've been loosely following the quest log (just found a memory picture place) and have been making wider and wider circles of the general area around Karikaiko Village looking for shrines.
No, you can go straight to Hyrule Castle to fight Ganon if you want. Completing the Divine Beasts makes the end fight easier.
IMG

TDIRunner

Quote from: TDIRunner on 03/21/2017, 03:45 PM
Quote from: Gredler on 03/21/2017, 02:38 PM
Thanks.

While I'm avoiding guides and spoilers, I actually enjoy the forum discussions and reading about how people have accomplished the same thing in different ways, so I don't mind picking up on a few hints that way.  Also, the fact that there are so many different ways to accomplish the same thing is probably my favorite aspect of the game so far.
I got the master sword last night.  The Lost Woods wasn't too difficult.  I made it through with only 3 mistakes.  The funny thing was, that I never did actually figure out what I did right.  I just kind of guessed my way through.  But I unlocked the shrine in the forest which will allow me to fast travel in and out of the forest.  Anyway, with 13 hearts and the master sword, I'm going to focus more on the main quest and start finishing the other 3 Divine Beasts.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TDIRunner on 03/22/2017, 11:27 AMI got the master sword last night.  The Lost Woods wasn't too difficult.  I made it through with only 3 mistakes.  The funny thing was, that I never did actually figure out what I did right.  I just kind of guessed my way through.  But I unlocked the shrine in the forest which will allow me to fast travel in and out of the forest.  Anyway, with 13 hearts and the master sword, I'm going to focus more on the main quest and start finishing the other 3 Divine Beasts. 
I wonder how long until the master sword breaks
--DragonmasterDan

Gentlegamer

Master Sword "breaks" then takes 10 min to "recharge."
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/22/2017, 12:35 PMMaster Sword "breaks" then takes 10 min to "recharge."
I wonder how long the master tree branch takes to recharge
--DragonmasterDan

Gredler

my master tree takes at least 5 minutes to recharge

xcrement5x

Quote from: Gredler on 03/22/2017, 01:36 PMmy master tree takes at least 5 minutes to recharge
Lol.  Gredler wins comment of the day, possibly for the month.

Dicer

...and the credits are rolling, nice end fight, not too hard at all.

Sad to see it's over.

Glad I held onto my Wii U to play it. might Double dip if and when I get myself a switch

DragonmasterDan

I picked up a Link amiibo today and got some fish and bomb arrows in a drop after using it
--DragonmasterDan

Dicer

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/22/2017, 09:33 PMI picked up a Link amiibo today and got some fish and bomb arrows in a drop after using it
I have the wind waker amiibo set, and got some gear out of it, items recycle daily...

Even after beating it I got a few more seeds/shrines and stuff, gonna make sure I get all I want out of it.

Gentlegamer

Still finishing up shrines before finale... I hear there are 120 total, if true, I will end up three hearts short of 30 with a full stamina meter (three wheels). Weird.
IMG

BigusSchmuck

I'm curious if this will make game of the year or Horizon Zero Dawn will.... Still have Mario coming too. Man 2017 is going to be one hell of a year for AAA games... Anyway, finished my first Divine Beast last night and working on finding all the Great Faeries to upgrade my equipment. So much to do in this game..

TheClash603

I have 14 hearts and never saw the lost woods.  Apparently I am lost...

Mishran

Compendium full, 115 shrines found, 324 korok found. Still only 51% complete. Seriously? Great game and overall time consumer. Well worth the price of the game and Switch alone.

futureman2000

I got the Master Sword last night after finishing the fourth beast earlier in the day.

This game has been so good that I have been putting off finishing it. Luckily, there is plenty of stuff to do when you stray from the path. Many of the elements that make the game great are things that annoy me elsewhere, like the cooking and breaking weapons. Nintendo has done it again.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: Mishran on 03/27/2017, 12:47 PMCompendium full, 115 shrines found, 324 korok found. Still only 51% complete. Seriously? Great game and overall time consumer. Well worth the price of the game and Switch alone.
70% of the completion percentage is korok seeds, and there are 900.
IMG

Mishran

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/27/2017, 12:53 PM
Quote from: Mishran on 03/27/2017, 12:47 PMCompendium full, 115 shrines found, 324 korok found. Still only 51% complete. Seriously? Great game and overall time consumer. Well worth the price of the game and Switch alone.
900??? Good one Nintendo, you always did excel in the completely ridiculous. Best of luck to anyone attempting to hunt them all down.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: Mishran on 03/27/2017, 11:12 PM
900??? Good one Nintendo, you always did excel in the completely ridiculous. Best of luck to anyone attempting to hunt them all down.
It only takes 440(!) to max out your inventory, here is the reward for all 900: http://kotaku.com/someone-has-found-all-900-korok-seeds-in-zelda-1793276463
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/28/2017, 07:57 AM
It only takes 440(!) to max out your inventory, here is the reward for all 900: http://kotaku.com/someone-has-found-all-900-korok-seeds-in-zelda-1793276463
Bwaaaahahaha!  What a troll move by Nintendo.

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 03/28/2017, 10:42 AM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/28/2017, 07:57 AM
Bwaaaahahaha!  What a troll move by Nintendo.
There is probably some place in the game where you can use it as fertilizer...

Is there a giant Deku tree anywhere?

DragonmasterDan

I have been super busy the past few days and haven't had a chance to play much. But I've finally learned how to more easily kill guardians by parrying which has opened up a whole lot of new areas of the map to me.
--DragonmasterDan

Mishran

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/28/2017, 12:53 PMI have been super busy the past few days and haven't had a chance to play much. But I've finally learned how to more easily kill guardians by parrying which has opened up a whole lot of new areas of the map to me.
I spam the time stop ability with them, then run up and take out the legs. If your lucky, you can overturn them and make things so much easier.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mishran on 03/28/2017, 06:59 PMI spam the time stop ability with them, then run up and take out the legs. If your lucky, you can overturn them and make things so much easier.
I'm guessing it needs to be leveled up to stop enemies?
--DragonmasterDan

Mishran

Yes, you'll get the opportunity to do so at the Hateno tech lab.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mishran on 03/29/2017, 01:36 PMYes, you'll get the opportunity to do so at the Hateno tech lab.
Yeah, I don't have enough ancient cores
--DragonmasterDan