@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Help with makai Hakkenden Shada please?

Started by Travelman32, 03/23/2017, 09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travelman32

Hi

I wanted to ask because I am stuck in this game, here are the details: the guy in the cave near the 2nd town asks for the Murasame.  Where can I find it?  I beat that two headed wolf thing on floor 3 of the dungeon (rainbow tower?) and got the healing magic.  But I am not sure how to advance the game now.

Someone in town mentions that some other character was killed, another mentions staring at foxes, another mentions a landslide to the northeast, yet another mentions a town in the valley...another guy in the northeast of town gave me a sword of some sort but it is not a Murasame..  I have a mirror but can not find anything to do with that.  I am puzzled as to how to get to the next part of the game.

Really not sure what to do.
If anyone knows, please help!

edit: I even found not one but two Japanese walkthrought but they make no sense.  This first one, for instance, translates to "I got a conversation with my hair.

Give a conversation with the head of the ninja"

Wha...?

shubibiman

Did you know there was an english translation for this game ? ;)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Keith Courage

Artabasdos

Quoteedit: I even found not one but two Japanese walkthrought but they make no sense.  This first one, for instance, translates to "I got a conversation with my hair.

Give a conversation with the head of the ninja"

Wha...?
I lol'd.
I assume it means speak to the ninja leader. I'm learning Japanese, and the grammatical structure is fucking bizarre as a native English speaker!

Pokun

Sounds like a machine translation. Japanese grammar is quite straightforward with not too many exceptions (which can't be said about a lot of European languages and certainly not English), but for us Europeans it's a lot to learn so it takes time to get used to.

NecroPhile

I played through it a couple times when testing the translation patch, but I don't remember the story enough to help you along.  My memory sucks, I guess, but I know the game is beatable and not broken by the patch.

Your best bet is to send Cabbage a PM.  He knows the game pretty well and helped me in a couple spots.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Travelman32

Ya, I am playing Cabbages patched version.  But as for walkthroughs, there are no english ones, just the two Japanese ones I found. The funny thing is, the forest part was easy for me too.  But I am still without a clue as to what to do in this second town after beating that two headed wolf.  Surely I must be missing something.  Got the mirror, got the three magic spells (fire ball, lightning, heal), got that statue thing that shows in the top right corner of the menu, got a number of keys, got two scrolls or something (those two blue balls).  hmmmm.

I have been talking back and forth with him on a youtube comment section of one of his videos.  But things are stalled now.  He said he would have to start playing again soon.  But he is probably too busy.

NecroPhile

http://www.nicovideo.jp/tag/%E9%AD%94%E7%95%8C%E5%85%AB%E7%8A%AC%E4%BC%9DSHADA

It looks like you can watch a complete playthrough.

PS - you can use mmcafe to watch nico stuff without having to log in.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Travelman32

Quote from: guest on 03/24/2017, 11:57 AMhttp://www.nicovideo.jp/tag/%E9%AD%94%E7%95%8C%E5%85%AB%E7%8A%AC%E4%BC%9DSHADA

It looks like you can watch a complete playthrough.

PS - you can use mmcafe to watch nico stuff without having to log in.
Wooh sweet!  I can not view it now, at work (access denied) but as soon as I get home, I am takng a look at that! 

Thanks a ton!

Travelman32

UPDATE: So I restarted the game from scratch, even got another rom (at least from another site) and re-patched the game.  Thank goodness for fastforward by the way, but I quickly got back to rainbow tower.  You know what I think happened?  This will sound dumb, but I think I left the tower, without knowing, without talking to the girl after the two headed wolf thing.  When I went back to the tower, I now realize that she was not there...some odd glitch I think.  So when I saw this video
I realized that was probably the issue.  Replayed and made sure to talk to her and everything was totally different after, I got the sword, the guy in the cave poof disappeared and I went on to the next area.  Odd, eh?

BTW, Thanks a ton for your effort.

Travelman32

Ok, I think I just ran into some odd glitch.  I have advanced now after restarting the game.

Artabasdos

Quote from: Pokun on 03/24/2017, 07:02 AMSounds like a machine translation. Japanese grammar is quite straightforward with not too many exceptions (which can't be said about a lot of European languages and certainly not English), but for us Europeans it's a lot to learn so it takes time to get used to.
Yeah. Japanese tends to be literal structured, lacking English's nuance!

Artabasdos

Quote from: Travelman32 on 03/25/2017, 01:24 PMOk, I think I just ran into some odd glitch.  I have advanced now after restarting the game.
Good.