@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Bought a Genesis... Any game suggestions?

Started by Izod1337, 05/01/2017, 08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

I could be wrong. However I think the latest genesis everdrive is 100% comparable for all SMS, Genesis, and 32X games. Provided you have the attachment for the 32X. I don't think you need the SMSM converter as it's just a pass through to allow the carts to interface with the genesis hardware.

So yeah you can play three libraries of games on one system. Heck even just rip the sega cd games you wish to play and done.

I constantly see the genesis model one for $30, get a fund arcade stick for $15, 32X $20, HD retro vision cables $35?, everdrive $90?, and model two sega cd $45.

And your genesis is done.

blueraven

Some of these are a lot of money. The Genesis was my first system so these were mostly the games I had growing up.

Kid Chameleon
ESWAT
Greendog
Master of Monsters
Anything/All/RIGHTNOW Phantasy Star
Shinobi is badass, so is Shinobi 2.
Shining Force
Streets Of Rage 1,2, etc..
Earthworm Jim
DecapAttack
Mutant League Football/Hockey
Eternal Champions
TMNT The Hyperstone Heist

Some will argue these games are shit. Lies.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/23/2017, 08:39 AMI could be wrong. However I think the latest genesis everdrive is 100% comparable for all SMS, Genesis, and 32X games. Provided you have the attachment for the 32X. I don't think you need the SMSM converter as it's just a pass through to allow the carts to interface with the genesis hardware.

So yeah you can play three libraries of games on one system. Heck even just rip the sega cd games you wish to play and done.

I constantly see the genesis model one for $30, get a fund arcade stick for $15, 32X $20, HD retro vision cables $35?, everdrive $90?, and model two sega cd $45.

The Sega-CD adds a lot of new hardware and you can't even play isos on any flashcart.

You can download disc images and burn them to cdr if you have console CD-ROM drives to play them on though.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/24/2017, 02:08 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/23/2017, 08:39 AMI could be wrong. However I think the latest genesis everdrive is 100% comparable for all SMS, Genesis, and 32X games. Provided you have the attachment for the 32X. I don't think you need the SMSM converter as it's just a pass through to allow the carts to interface with the genesis hardware.

The Sega-CD adds a lot of new hardware and you can't even play isos on any flashcart.
He didn't say it did. He specified very clearly that they would need to get a Sega CD.

Gypsy

Yeah but it was in medicwheatglish. :p

Also, model 2 sega cds are not $45. Well, maybe non-working/in need of repair.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/24/2017, 02:13 PMYeah but it was in medicwheatglish. :p

What can I say. I am ledgend lol

xcrement5x

Really?  They have gone up a lot now as well?  Ugh, I remember when you couldn't even give them away. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 06/26/2017, 11:57 AM

Really?  They have gone up a lot now as well?  Ugh, I remember when you couldn't even give them away.
Yeah verified working is $70 minimum barring a great deal. Dark times. At least you can then just burn any game you want after getting the system, so it is instant game library. Not that there are many great games on it to begin with... But $70 to play Snatcher, Keio, Lunar 2 and Popful Mail isn't too terrible.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/26/2017, 12:12 PMNot that there are many great games on it to begin with...
I'll second this opinion. The Sega CD was one of the first consoles I got rid of, after the 32X. Most of the "superior ports" were good enough on other systems, and there are just too few exclusives to bother with it.

I'd probably emulate if I ever got that nostalgia itch, but in the years since selling, I haven't needed to.

seieienbu

I don't know about the SMS, but all 32X games work on an everdrive.

I was bored one night and the library was small so I decided to see if I overlooked anything.  Long story short, I was left with one question:  why the hell is Spiderman Web of Fire so expensive!?!?  ...people are stupid.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

xcrement5x

Quote from: seieienbu on 06/28/2017, 01:49 PM
I don't know about the SMS, but all 32X games work on an everdrive.

I was bored one night and the library was small so I decided to see if I overlooked anything.  Long story short, I was left with one question:  why the hell is Spiderman Web of Fire so expensive!?!? ...people are stupid.
Basically one of the last games manufactured for the system, and it's not a sports game.  Personally I think World Series Baseball 32X is more uncommon, but it's a sports game so people overlook it for... SPIDAMANG!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)