RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

A Visit to Barcade in Philadelphia PA

Started by EvilEvoIX, 05/02/2017, 11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilEvoIX

I was away for work a week back and on a whim I searched for an Arcade or a classic game store and right in the heart of Philadelphia is a place called Barcade.  Its name says it all.  Basically a hipster bar loaded with classic video game arcade machines.  Beers were nice a reasonably priced and the machines run on tokens.  So many machines and so many people there Saturday Night, I spent my time playing Samurai Shodown II.  Next time I'll play around a bit.

IMG
It's about a mile from Rocky's house (seriously)

IMG
One of the first games to have parallax scrolling.

IMG

IMG
A Game called Phoenix

IMG
Never heard of this game (Phoenix)

IMG
Got that Marble Hand?

IMG
Crystal Castles

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG
Impressive full sized XMEN with dual CRT's

IMG
Spent an hour here.

IMG
Another Dual Screen game.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

Highly recommend this place.  Nice clientele, $6 IPA's, can't go wrong.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

crazydean

Thanks for sharing. Went to a place in Charlotte recently that was pretty similar. It's called Batari. They had one of those dual screen X-men games. Quite a large machine, that one. There was also some new version of Joust that everyone was playing.

roflmao

Awesome! Here in Kansas City we've got Tapcade (http://www.tapcadekc.com/), Up Down KC (http://www.updownkc.com/) and Pawn and Pint (https://www.facebook.com/pawnsandpints/) a board-game/bar joint, and they're all within walking distance of each other! Sadly, I've never been to any of them because I know if I go to one I'll want to go to all three and won't be able to drive myself home. :)

bob

i hit the Denver 1-Up last night next to Coors Field.  Played a bunch of Tron, Double Dragon, Raiden, and addams family pinball.  wish they had an operation wolf, but nope.  cheap beer and some awesome posters around the walls.  a few of the cab screens had color issues, but it kind of added to the charm.  they also built shelves between each cab so your drink doesnt have to be out of reach or on the floor.

Gentlegamer

It better have Galaga/Ms. Pac-Man cocktail table!
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

bob

ha, nope.
but a different bar across the street had one of those

esteban

Quote from: gynt on 06/06/2017, 03:56 PMi hit the Denver 1-Up last night next to Coors Field.  Played a bunch of Tron, Double Dragon, Raiden, and addams family pinball.  wish they had an operation wolf, but nope.  cheap beer and some awesome posters around the walls.  a few of the cab screens had color issues, but it kind of added to the charm.  they also built shelves between each cab so your drink doesnt have to be out of reach or on the floor.
I always look for Cabal and Operation Wolf.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

hoobs88

I read an article about that place recently. Nice to see some photos of it! Bubble Bobble and Crystal Castles! I should visit there sometime.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

xcrement5x

Quote from: gynt on 06/06/2017, 03:56 PMi hit the Denver 1-Up last night next to Coors Field.  Played a bunch of Tron, Double Dragon, Raiden, and addams family pinball.  wish they had an operation wolf, but nope.  cheap beer and some awesome posters around the walls.  a few of the cab screens had color issues, but it kind of added to the charm.  they also built shelves between each cab so your drink doesnt have to be out of reach or on the floor.
Denver has a pretty solid collection of arcades, Hyperspace is another that has a really good selection of cabinets.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

sirhcman

I was there last year when I went to Denver. There was a wait to get in (Saturday night) but it was a good time! Played some pinballs and also Mario Bros

If you are still in Denver and want a good breakfast check out Snooze on Larimer, the food was great! Ian's Pizza on Blake St was good too