RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Collection storage/display advice. Mold?

Started by Keith Courage, 05/15/2017, 05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

in99flames

Isnt that a Jackson pollock painting?
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

Keith Courage

Oddly enough as I was looking through some of my manuals recently to see if anything new had appeared I realized something. I must have rarely looked at any of my manuals when I was a kid because I didn't remember anything I was looking through. One would assume that with all the nostalgia I have for the Tg16 that I'd remember something from one of these manuals. Even if it was just a picture from the inside or something. However, so far nothing. Maybe I should just purge my collection and get a bunch of loose games or an everdrive? hah

esteban

Quote from: Keith Courage on 07/30/2017, 03:51 AMOddly enough as I was looking through some of my manuals recently to see if anything new had appeared I realized something. I must have rarely looked at any of my manuals when I was a kid because I didn't remember anything I was looking through. One would assume that with all the nostalgia I have for the Tg16 that I'd remember something from one of these manuals. Even if it was just a picture from the inside or something. However, so far nothing. Maybe I should just purge my collection and get a bunch of loose games or an everdrive? hah
:)

I only looked at manuals when I first got the game and later, if I was bored. The stuff I remember is always from when I was bored.

TRIVIA: I learned "rendezvous" and "doppelgänger" from NES Konami manuals.

Before you get rid of the TG-16/PCE manuals, please scan the ones that (1) need an upgrade or (2) are missing from this list:

https://archives.tg-16.com/magazine_database.htm?col=pub&val=man

Thank you!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keith Courage

QuoteBefore you get rid of the TG-16/PCE manuals, please scan the ones that (1) need an upgrade or (2) are missing from this list:

Thank you!
I probably keep my collection. Sure, I'll upload anything I have that is missing or nicer than what's there just because why not.

esteban

Quote from: Keith Courage on 07/30/2017, 07:40 PM
QuoteBefore you get rid of the TG-16/PCE manuals, please scan the ones that (1) need an upgrade or (2) are missing from this list:

Thank you!
I probably keep my collection. Sure, I'll upload anything I have that is missing or nicer than what's there just because why not.
You are a gracious, kind soul.

:)

Psycho Punch

I'm going to print a picture of moldy paper in the back of the manual on purpose if I ever do a homebrew game. :lol:
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

csgx1

Quote from: esteban on 07/29/2017, 11:17 AMUPDATE: OK, after turning on my dehumidifier and placing the Heavy Unit manual in a container of baking soda, I think I may have figured something out...

IMG

...csgx1 is correct, that isn't a mold pattern.

IT COULD BE:

(1) aerial view of a "moon" depicting "faultlines" and craters...
(2) aerial view of earth depicting rivers and giant floating spores...
(3) painting entitled "Lilac #3"

Hmmmm....
All great possibilities.  I like #3 the best!  The lilac color is know to calm and relax, which is definitely needed when playing Heavy Unit.  :)

Interesting, is your spine sticker faded too?  Seems like all the ones I've seen for sale have faded spine stickers as well.  I wonder if that was also part of the art design or did they all just sit in a store window for years unsold.

esteban

^ I assumed it was sun-fading, but the result looks nice, especially since it echoes the fading of the Arm&Hammer box.

There is a word for fading color/blending hues... "ambre"? No, that's not it.

Dammit.

Keith Courage

Well, after doing even more investigation it appears that the majority of any spots I have found are near the staples on the inside of the manuals. Almost like the staples are reacting to something and then leaving spots behind. None of the other pages of any manual I own have any spots on them. Maybe I should remove all the staples? Hydrogen peroxide and UV light works great at removing any of the staining on these pages but leaves these parts looking a little rippled after drying.

Also, some of you might want to start looking at the inside page where the staples come through on your manuals. I've received a few manuals in the mail in the past week that have minor spotting in this area prior to myself owning them. So this could be starting to become a common occurrence.

Digi.k

you definitely have some kind of humidity/moisture problem.  I think I too have a few pc engine games that came from japan where the staples inside the manuals are rusted but I just leave it.

The back of that Taito manual could be a lost Turner painting... just saying.

CrackTiger

My Super Darius II came in mintish codition with rusted staples. I swapped them out for the staples from a spare manual of a cheap mahjong game.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TheClash603

Quote from: esteban on 07/31/2017, 01:33 PM^ I assumed it was sun-fading, but the result looks nice, especially since it echoes the fading of the Arm&Hammer box.

Dammit.
I am a germophobe and I can't see past the two yellow spots on the manual.  You need bleach and rubbing alcohol stat.

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/26/2017, 12:04 PM
Quote from: esteban on 07/31/2017, 01:33 PM^ I assumed it was sun-fading, but the result looks nice, especially since it echoes the fading of the Arm&Hammer box.

Dammit.
I am a germophobe and I can't see past the two yellow spots on the manual.  You need bleach and rubbing alcohol stat.
STAT!

Keith Courage

Yeah I've tried that. Some bleach and rubbing alcohol but some minimal yellow spots still remain on 2 of my manuals.  I'll either keep them in plastic sleeves to keep them from contaminating the rest or just chuck them .