Bomberman - Cyborg #0898

Started by NecroPhile, 05/15/2017, 05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

I don't remember this coming up before, but the derpy looking guy in the US artwork was given an official name in the iOS and Android versions of Bomberman (released by Konami in 2014).  I'm surprised they bothered acknowledging it.

https://www.spriters-resource.com/mobile/bombermanforandroid/sheet/88875/

As bad as the box/manual is, at least they kept the original sprites.  These are just godawful!  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/15/2017, 05:42 PMI don't remember this coming up before, but the derpy looking guy in the US artwork was given an official name in the iOS and Android versions of Bomberman (released by Konami in 2014).  I'm surprised they bothered acknowledging it.

https://www.spriters-resource.com/mobile/bombermanforandroid/sheet/88875/

As bad as the box/manual is, at least they kept the original sprites.  These are just godawful!  :lol:
I didn't know that those goofy sprites even existed!

I never did get this for iOS, I wonder if I still can?

I'm gonna try...

UPDATE: Wow, Konami only has a handful of crap on iOS now. And if you type in "Bomberman", you'll find tons of "pirate" versions of old Bomberman stuff (NES/FC)....
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keith Courage

Gypsy

That face will now haunt my dreams.

geise

I think it's great and showed they had a sense of humor.  Thanks for sharing necro.

esteban

Quote from: geise on 05/16/2017, 08:40 AMI think it's great and showed they had a sense of humor.  Thanks for sharing necro.
Absolutely.

What sucks is that it is no longer available in the App Store.

Who knew I would have wanted this silly game?

NecroPhile

Other than crap touchscreen controls (maybe you use a bluetooth controller?), reviews make it sound pretty good.  Cyborg #0898 is just one of many skins that you can unlock, including red/blue/black Bomberman, Max, and one based on the NES sprites.

seieienbu

That's actually pretty cool!  Yes, I've always thought the Bomberman boxart was horrific.  That being said, it's neat that Konami poked fun at its property with those sprites.  It reminds me of the Genesis Ys 3 Boxart in the Falcom anime or Bad Box Art Megaman in Street Fighter x Tekken.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

geise

esteban

NecroPhile

Heh, I love those characters: Count Bompire, Matryona Bomtryoshka, Inspector Bolmes, Bom Wayne, etc.

mitsuman

Is it just me, or does the Sakoda Yukio skin look like Nicolas Cage?