OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Anyone know what happened to Digitpress forums?

Started by jperryss, 05/16/2017, 08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jperryss

The forum page has been down since late last week. I know DP ain't what it used to be but I liked checking in on the game completion threads. Does anyone know what's going on?

https://forum.digitpress.com/forum/

esteban

No, but I remember when it was full of life 15+ years ago. I wasn't a regular by any means, but there was always some fun stuff to read and think about.

Sorry, not helpful at all.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TR0N

I have no idea unless they were hacked again.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TheClash603

Quote from: TR0N on 05/17/2017, 02:14 AMI have no idea unless they were hacked again.
I remember looking at that site in 2014 and thinking it was okay.  In 2016 I decided to check it again and it was mostly the same posts from 2014.  I think that it has been dead for a while.

Gentlegamer

The forum is up, but there's about 10 members who still post, including me occasionally.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

xcrement5x

I used to be relatively active on DigitalPress in the late 2000s but yeah, at one point they got hacked and it took forever for the site to come back up and it lost a ton of people.  I haven't been there in a long time myself, I think a lot of the old timers moved to other locations like Assembler and NintendoAge.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Gentlegamer

And ASSEMBLer is hacked, and down right now
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 05/17/2017, 01:36 PMI used to be relatively active on DigitalPress in the late 2000s but yeah, at one point they got hacked and it took forever for the site to come back up and it lost a ton of people.  I haven't been there in a long time myself, I think a lot of the old timers moved to other locations like Assembler and NintendoAge.
DP used to get hacked in the early 2000's too. I remember going there one time and had to re-register and start from scratch. 

Wait a minute - did that happen here too?   I remember registering here when Aaron first posted on RGVC and the Turbo List that he was starting a message board.. I had to create a new account in 2011 because I couldn't find mine...

TR0N

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/17/2017, 08:09 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 05/17/2017, 02:14 AMI have no idea unless they were hacked again.
I remember looking at that site in 2014 and thinking it was okay.  In 2016 I decided to check it again and it was mostly the same posts from 2014.  I think that it has been dead for a while.
It's a active message board still but not as much as it use to be.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 05/17/2017, 04:00 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/17/2017, 01:36 PMI used to be relatively active on DigitalPress in the late 2000s but yeah, at one point they got hacked and it took forever for the site to come back up and it lost a ton of people.  I haven't been there in a long time myself, I think a lot of the old timers moved to other locations like Assembler and NintendoAge.
DP used to get hacked in the early 2000's too. I remember going there one time and had to re-register and start from scratch. 

Wait a minute - did that happen here too?   I remember registering here when Aaron first posted on RGVC and the Turbo List that he was starting a message board.. I had to create a new account in 2011 because I couldn't find mine...
I still have all my posts going back to ______, so Aaron was able to keep continuity over the years, despite many different problems ( I think the chatbox, specifically, was hacked at pcefx, which brought all the forums down , too. Plus there were server migrations and transitions to different message board software platforms...)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bartre

yeah, I had a DP account back in like 2009 or so when i was first getting into this whole thing.
actually bought my first Duo-R off that site, which led me here, and iirc there was a pretty good thread (though mostly posted in by some weird french dude) about SNES and NES repros that I learned a lot from.

it was always somewhat collectardy, but nowhere near NintendoAge levels.
kinda sad to see it go if it really is that dead

xcrement5x

Quote from: bartre on 05/18/2017, 10:43 AMyeah, I had a DP account back in like 2009 or so when i was first getting into this whole thing.
actually bought my first Duo-R off that site, which led me here, and iirc there was a pretty good thread (though mostly posted in by some weird french dude) about SNES and NES repros that I learned a lot from.

it was always somewhat collectardy, but nowhere near NintendoAge levels.
kinda sad to see it go if it really is that dead
I think was happened roughly was that a lot of the hardware folks went to Assembler, and a lot of the collectors went to NintendoAge.  It's dumb, but I feel like it fell apart due to it's overall broadness, which is kind of unfortunate since most forums seem to be focused on a specific brand or hardware anymore.

Also Facebook, I'll take any chance I can to shit on Facebook.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bartre

Quote from: guest on 05/18/2017, 12:42 PMAlso Facebook, I'll take any chance I can to shit on Facebook.
oh my god the facebook gaming groups are 99% garbage.
something about having no real barrier to entry.

wilykat

I used to be active on DP forum but not for nearly 10 years now. I can't even remember the logon info or the original email address registered with that.  I pretty much switched to AtariAge for general gaming with Assemblergames as secondary.

PCE, Sega, and 1 other are specific forum that I also go now and then.