@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Chris Cornell of soundgarden fame dead at 52

Started by TR0N, 05/18/2017, 05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

Not my favorite music, but the guy could scream with the best of them.  If I make it to 52, I'll consider that a success.

Quote from: TR0N on 05/18/2017, 05:26 AMDamn he was the voice of soundgarden to his death was way to soon.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/entertainment/chris-cornell-dead/
Worst article I ever read.  Calling him the latest in a long line of similar artist that died and relating it to a suicide that happened over 20 years ago is a stretch.

NecroPhile

Bummer.  Soundgarden is good stuff and 52 is too damn young.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 05/18/2017, 06:31 AMYup.
I'd imagine you were a big fan seeing as the word garden is in the name Soundgarden.
--DragonmasterDan

Dicer

Amazing talent and a big loss, out of nowhere too...

Eddie Vedder is really the only big front man left from the grunge era, so strange.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Dicer on 05/18/2017, 02:49 PMAmazing talent and a big loss, out of nowhere too...

Eddie Vedder is really the only big front man left from the grunge era, so strange.
Well, and he kind of came in later from what is widely considered "grunge". From my recollection Pearl Jam formed from the ashes of Mother Love bone (whose lead singer Andrew Wood died) which in turn formed from Green River splitting up.

In terms of influence when I think of grunge era bands I think of Mudhoney and as far as I know Mark Arm is still alive and kicking. Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains is still out there.

There's probably quite a few others but what constituted grunge compared to the other "alternative rock" subgenres at the time is highly subjective.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

mitsuman

TR0N

Quote from: mitsuman on 05/18/2017, 03:34 PMJust found out he hanged himself. Damn.
Yeah i assume he was struggling with depression,which i didn't know about.Still with any rockstar it's often the case of live hard and die young.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec