10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

"PCEWorks" finally bootlegs Magical Chase

Started by CrackTiger, 05/18/2017, 06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignOfZeta

Did you start with 64? I find 64-and-up people don't mind getting shot with five blue shells in one lap.
IMG

Gypsy

Started with SNES when I was a wee lad over at a friend's place.

SignOfZeta

IMG

seieienbu

Quote from: crazydean on 06/06/2017, 06:22 PMI prefer to play every game on my everdrive for ten minutes then move to another system. My goal is to play every game on every console.
I swear, that's how most people that I know who have an everdrive play games.  Playing games like that drives me crazy.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

NoSexGex

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/07/2017, 07:32 PMDD is so luck/chaos based that it plays like a fucking redemption machine. I hate it because no matter what you do every victory is skin-of-the-teath.
I think you perfectly summed it up, it is a stressful game. It has a very different feel compared to the rest of the games in the series, that i've played at least. The track just gets absolutely littered with items, because of the whole 2 characters thing. When it was released I thought it so so innovative how each character had their own "special", and not only that but BOTH characters get a special.

I always thought it was a huge step from Mario Kart 64, but I never really liked the 64 version. so double dash or SNES Mario kart for me.

But yeah, It's total fucking chaos. And it just gets worse the more and more we re-familiarize ourselves with the controls.
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

ClodBusted

I grew up with Super Mario Kart. A few years ago, me and a friend managed to beat the Special Cup in 150cc.
I like Mario Kart 64 much better though, than any other entry in the series.

SignOfZeta

For me nothing touches the original except the GBA one since it's basically the same, possibly better. I truely loathe the 64 one to the extent that I sold the system when I got that game. They decided mouth breathers need Mario Kart too and the resulting dilution left me out of the picture to this day.
IMG

ClodBusted

You're missing out, haha. MK64 is more about good driving performance over items than the rest of the series that followed it. The GBA game was ok, but not that memorable to me.

TheClash603

MK64 has aged terribly, my friends made me play it for a few hours recently and it was abysmal.

DD is great.  I love the two character system, as switching gives an extra layer of depth to gameplay.  The fact there are some really great items that never made a return to the series makes DD a blast to go back to as well.

MK8 is great too, but it almost feels too polished.  I liked some of the chaos that DD brings, which is why I still say DD is the best in the series.  MK8D did add a great online battle mode though, which has become my preferred way to play the newest game, not racing.

Anyone ever play the arcade games?  Dave and Busters near me has 4 units linked together and I really enjoy it.  I wish they would port it or make it DLC or something, it's a shame so many people have not played it.

spenoza

Well, as long as PCEWorks doesn't bootleg the unreleased Mario Kart prototype on PCE, I think we're safe, right?

NoSexGex

Quote from: guest on 06/08/2017, 11:24 AMWell, as long as PCEWorks doesn't bootleg the unreleased Mario Kart prototype on PCE, I think we're safe, right?
mannnnnn, the behemoth that is now Nintendo would gang rape every dollar from PCEWorks. Fingers crossed for MK64 energy drinks and reproduction carts.

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/08/2017, 08:05 AMMK64 has aged terribly, my friends made me play it for a few hours recently and it was abysmal.

DD is great.  I love the two character system, as switching gives an extra layer of depth to gameplay.  The fact there are some really great items that never made a return to the series makes DD a blast to go back to as well.
That's how I feel about MK64 too, but there's some people that swear by it. So it makes me second guess myself, thinking maybe I was missing something fundamental that made the game better. Like the mushroom powerups, I don't know if it's just me but I don't think they do anything really.. Besides give you a very minor forward dash.
It was a huge graphical step forward from SNES, so maybe that and nostalgia have it ingrained into peoples memory as gold. But then I hear people talking about the superior controls/gameplay, so idk
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

ClodBusted

It's all in the controls and building up power slide boosts*.

Plus, the ability to build a strong defense with keeping banana peels/trunks and turtle shells attached to the rear of your kart (hold Z button) or even firing rearwards into the oppenents behind you (Z + Down). Making use of items strategicly instead of fire-and-forget. Even banana peels on the road doesn't necessarily stop you if you know how to use the brake-trick.

There's a lot of deep gameplay mechanisms in MK64 that are uncovered the more you play it. Chances are that the majority of people have not experienced them yet.

*Fuck the nerd term "snaking", to me it will spell "power slide" for all eternity.

spenoza

Quote from: NoSexGex on 06/09/2017, 01:49 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/08/2017, 11:24 AMWell, as long as PCEWorks doesn't bootleg the unreleased Mario Kart prototype on PCE, I think we're safe, right?
mannnnnn, the behemoth that is now Nintendo would gang rape every dollar from PCEWorks. Fingers crossed for MK64 energy drinks and reproduction carts.
Inappropriate rape reference aside, I kinda hoped Konami would sue the crap out of Tobias over the PCE Works stuff, but lately I am ever disappointed in Konami. They can't even get defending their copyrights right. Can Konami do anything without screwing it up?

tbone3969

Quote from: guest on 06/09/2017, 03:53 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/09/2017, 01:49 AM
Inappropriate rape reference aside, I kinda hoped Konami would sue the crap out of Tobias over the PCE Works stuff, but lately I am ever disappointed in Konami. They can't even get defending their copyrights right. Can Konami do anything without screwing it up?
Nope.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Gypsy

SignOfZeta

IMG

Psycho Punch

Konami would probably license Castlevania Rondo of Blood for pachinko usage to Tobias nowadays.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

ClodBusted

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SignOfZeta

IMG

crazydean

NoSexGex

Quote from: guest on 06/09/2017, 02:28 AM*Fuck the nerd term "snaking", to me it will spell "power slide" for all eternity.
That's soooo lame, who the hell talks like that. Snakin all dem corners

PukeSter

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/08/2017, 08:05 AMAnyone ever play the arcade games?  Dave and Busters near me has 4 units linked together and I really enjoy it.  I wish they would port it or make it DLC or something, it's a shame so many people have not played it.
I've only played GP1

It's nothing compared to MK8 but it's still fun. Especially since you can play as Pac-Man. Some of the items are pretty unique.

I think there's a way to play them and the F-Zero arcade game on Dolphin but it's definitely a little complicated.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=142315.0

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 06/11/2017, 04:17 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/08/2017, 08:05 AMAnyone ever play the arcade games?  Dave and Busters near me has 4 units linked together and I really enjoy it.  I wish they would port it or make it DLC or something, it's a shame so many people have not played it.
I've only played GP1

It's nothing compared to MK8 but it's still fun. Especially since you can play as Pac-Man. Some of the items are pretty unique.

I think there's a way to play them and the F-Zero arcade game on Dolphin but it's definitely a little complicated.

With a gameshark I thought they made it so you could play AX on the GC?

Arkhan Asylum

Just chiming back in to remind everyone that Tobias is a piece of shit and PCE Works can fuck itself.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

blueraven

I just read all 13 pages of this thread and I'm really sick to my stomach.

tbone3969

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/11/2017, 09:41 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/11/2017, 04:17 PM
I've only played GP1

With a gameshark I thought they made it so you could play AX on the GC?
You can play all the Nintendo arcade games on a soft modded Wii with Nintendont.  I soft modded my Wii and currently have them installed via a USB thumb drive,
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

SignOfZeta

I really need to do that. My issue with Wii modification is the same issue I had with the same thing on PSP; by the time I get around to doing it %90 of the shady sites that show you how to do it have vanished and everyone I know who has done it has forgotten.

I can play Mednafen all day (not CDs of course, CDs are ALWAYS another layer away...always. ALWAYS.*) and I think I have some forum of MAME on there but that's it. I do remember copying all sorts of shit onto it but it would rarely launch. Homebrew Browser never worked right.

What I need is a guy who has done this 100 times to just do it for me.

* I bet that when a new PCE emulator comes out in 2037 (because Winblows Oh Yeah! 2038 broke the old one) there will still be a year wait and an extra technical step to play CDROM2 stuff.
IMG

tbone3969

Well I have softmodded about 10 Wiis and can help you out for sure.  I recently walked someone step by step though the process with no issues.  I also recently sold a softmodded Wii loaded up with games on a USB drive to a member on NA who was very satisfied.  Hit me up if you want/need help.   I will say that of all the modding I have done (Sega Saturn, PS2, DS, PSP, etc.) the Wii is one of the easiest.

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 06/27/2017, 01:12 AMJust chiming back in to remind everyone that Tobias is a piece of shit and PCE Works can fuck itself.
Thanks! I almost forgot!

Arkhan Asylum

How the hell do I bump a thread about Tobias being a walking cumshot and then one of the next replies is about Wii softmodding?

what in the fuck.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SignOfZeta

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

TOBIAS SENT YOU TO DISTRACT US DIDN'T HE

Gypsy

SignOfZeta CONFIRMED Tobias's sock. Damn, what an amount of work to establish a legitimate looking account!

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 06/27/2017, 09:54 PMTOBIAS SENT YOU TO DISTRACT US DIDN'T HE
Well, the PANTSU edition didn't work, so he had to try something.

Gredler

Tobias isn't so bad

at being a dick

heyozingg

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Gredler on 06/29/2017, 05:07 PMTobias isn't so bad

at being a dick

heyozingg
We should start calling him Dyson

because he fucking sucks.