@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Roger Moore dies at the age of 89

Started by TR0N, 05/24/2017, 03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Sad day indeed still he lived a long life,beside he was my favorite bond.
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40018422
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ClodBusted

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  T___T

EDIT: And I will save you from any unnecessary puns, such as "live and let die".

Gypsy

Bond Marathon this weekend. The Moore flicks only of course. ;_;

sirhcman

Gentlegamer

God bless Sir Roger!

Roger Moore performed the most dangerous stunt in Bond history in A View to a Kill:
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Dicer

Best motherfucking bond....
and a classy gent to boot, he will be missed.

TR0N

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 05/24/2017, 11:02 AMGod bless Sir Roger!

Roger Moore performed the most dangerous stunt in Bond history in A View to a Kill:
It's all about this stunt  :roll: :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Dicer

Quote from: TR0N on 05/25/2017, 03:26 AM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 05/24/2017, 11:02 AMGod bless Sir Roger!

It's all about this stunt  :roll: :wink:
It's ALL about dat Slide-Whistle...

ClodBusted

I think Moore did the most humorous Bond personification. I liked that, especially in Moonraker.

esteban

Quote from: Dicer on 05/25/2017, 04:29 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 05/25/2017, 03:26 AMIt's all about this stunt  :roll: :wink:
Is that slide whistle in the original film?

Jesus Christ, that whistle is ridiculous.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Dicer

Quote from: esteban on 05/25/2017, 05:24 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 05/25/2017, 03:26 AMIt's all about this stunt  :roll: :wink:

It sure as fuck is... The Moore era is why we have Austin powers after all..

esteban

Quote from: Dicer on 05/25/2017, 05:25 PM

Moore did Octopussy and Moonraker...I think I saw most of his Bond films when I was a kid.

Not that I remember much from them, though.

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Dicer

Quote from: esteban on 05/25/2017, 05:38 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 05/25/2017, 05:25 PM

Moore did Octopussy and Moonraker...I think I saw most of his Bond films when I was a kid.

Not that I remember much from them, though.

My son will be here for the weekend and Moonraker is def on the agenda he's seen all the Moore films and was sad when he found out.

elmer

Quote from: Dicer on 05/25/2017, 05:25 PMIt sure as fuck is... The Moore era is why we have Austin powers after all..
Sounds like you probably haven't seen "Our Man Flint" or "In like Flint".  :wink:

I loved Moore's Bond, especially in The Spy Who Loved Me ... but I've got to say that Connery's Bond was a much better fit for the actual character.

OTOH, I loved Moore's Simon Templar (The Saint) in his younger days.

Gentlegamer

Dalton was the most like the authentic Fleming Bond.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Winniez

Not my favourit Bond but a proper gentleman and a great actor. RIP.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: elmer on 05/25/2017, 08:24 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 05/25/2017, 05:25 PMIt sure as fuck is... The Moore era is why we have Austin powers after all..
Sounds like you probably haven't seen "Our Man Flint" or "In like Flint".  :wink:
In The Spy Who Shagged Me, AP literally wears the same jump suit as Lazenby in On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Austin Powers was more of a spoof and celebration of 60s era spy genre and culture than any Moore Bond stuff. And Roger Moore was a very handsome man (no homo) compared to Powers.

Fun fact: Sir Roger was friends with Michael Caine, they were both from poor working class "cockney" backgrounds, and Caine used to raz Roger over how he adopted a posh accent to cover up his background.
IMG