TE/PCE GT reproduction screen covers any intrest

Started by mario_pic, 06/01/2017, 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mario_pic

hey guys i was wondering how many people on here are intrested in a reproduction lcd cover for there turbo express and the pce gt  a compony i use at work to make signage is able to make them im also thinking of getting some for the larger lcd mod as well just need to find out if any ones intrested because im trying to figure out how many units id need to request  and ill post the price i was given  let me know thanks

highfroman

any way you could get them done in glass?

I would be interested either way in getting a couple of each if they are not super expensive

RxM

I'm interested getting a couple in glass and regular

mario_pic

Quote from: highfroman on 06/01/2017, 10:00 PMany way you could get them done in glass?

I would be interested either way in getting a couple of each if they are not super expensive
i may be able to but thickness may be a problem

mario_pic

how many u guys think more i order cheaper its going to be  glass option is posible but water jet cutting is needed

MobiusStripTech

Depending on price I'd be interested in getting a few. Especially if they are designed for 3.5" screen upgrades.

LowRes

I'm in for a couple standard and 3.5" mod size.  Glass prefered but will take whatever you can do
Started a US TurboGrafx-16 Collection in 2017! ... Then I moved on to PC Engine

mario_pic

i can get tempered glass bit the logo will need to be a decal added to the glass other down side is tempered glass thickness thinner more of a pain it will be to woek with

Freeway2

"If I took this cigarette and put it out on you would you love me"

skyway1985

i would be in for these 100% i got through Turbo expresses like crazy would be nice to have a source of new covers. now the big thing is this, if they're plastic, will they be as scratch resistant as the originals?

RxM

mario_pic

the decals are set to be made just need to source some one to laser cut the sheet thay come in

RxM

deubeul

I'm very interested! In both 3.5 and regular screen covers!

SmokeMonster

I'd buy two 3.5" LCD mod screens. Glass would be insane, but plastic is excellent too. Thanks for taking this on! 8)

turbokon

I would be interested in some.  Beats having to pull these separately from backup monitors like I'm currently doing.

IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

MobiusStripTech

You are pulling the glass from the backup monitors as well?

Freeway2

It seems like it would be a worthwhile upgrade to me so please put me down for 1.

mario_pic

thinking bonding the glass with that black tar tape      also need to find a someone local with a water jet   to cut the glass

Freeway2

I wonder if the water jets masons use would work well.

mario_pic

Quote from: Freeway2 on 09/16/2017, 05:31 AMI wonder if the water jets masons use would work well.
i was thinking to try to use some stain glass working tools to build some by hand  as a test but my main problem is the turbo express or pce gt lable  i was thinking sand blast the logo in and sand blast for the border and add a black cover behind it

MobiusStripTech

I have also started looking into this. I got a quote for glass lenses already, but I would need to place an order of 100 minimum to keep it cost effective. I thinking about getting vinyl decals made for the lenses. I was going to try this out with a local place using acrylic first.

Freeway2

Count me in for at least 2, I'm sure a bud would love to have one also.

MNKyDeth

Just curious if anything is still going on with these.

I would be interested in two of them.

Didn't know if it was dropped or if the details were still getting worked out or what.....

RxM

Anyone know the measurments dimensions, size,..etc of the TurboExpress lens?