RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

RIP Mr. West

Started by ToyMachine78, 06/10/2017, 12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToyMachine78

GaijinD

I had no idea he'd been sick. Definitely a shame. I loved watching reruns of Batman when I was a kid.
Feel like a treasure game on a rainy day.

Digi.k

RIP sir

crazydean

He was well before my time, but I still love watching the old Batman show. So many good (random) villains like Egghead (Vincent Price). And the fucking puns! All the puns! He has also had some of the best cameos on movies and TV shows.

esteban

Damn. I watched Batman everyday when I was a kid.

Damn.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DragonmasterDan

I'll be doing my Adam West impression for the next hour or so in tribute.
--DragonmasterDan

TheClash603

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/10/2017, 07:35 PMI'll be doing my Adam West impression for the next hour or so in tribute.
Please also post in tribute.

I miss when campy was okay.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/10/2017, 08:56 PMPlease also post in tribute.

I know I did it on a GameHump episode. But I don't remember which one.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/10/2017, 09:33 PM

Let me check....

UPDATE: Ok, it appears that you *attempted* an Adam West impression in *every single episode* of GameBump.

TheClash603

Quote from: esteban on 06/10/2017, 09:46 PM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/10/2017, 09:33 PM

Let me check....

UPDATE: Ok, it appears that you *attempted* an Adam West impression in *every single episode* of GameBump.
Tribute Achieved

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 06/10/2017, 07:07 PMDamn. I watched Batman everyday when I was a kid.

Damn.
Ditto i use to watched the reruns of batman as a kid to.Though at least he got to do this direct to video released before he past away.He was a ham but a entertaining one that's for sure.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

"Quickly, Robin—to the crosswalk!"

NecroPhile

Goodnight, Mayor West.  :(

He seemed like a genuinely fun guy, totally willing to laugh at himself and make the best of whatever his career brought him.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

Quote from: guest on 06/12/2017, 09:12 AMGoodnight, Mayor West.  :(

He seemed like a genuinely fun guy, totally willing to laugh at himself and make the best of whatever his career brought him.
agree 100%. his self-awarenes was inspirational.

esteban

I was just talking about his the other today:

The best homage to Batman & Robin (60's series) was Spongebob's MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy.

This is not open for debate.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 06/12/2017, 05:42 PMI was just talking about his the other today:

The best homage to Batman & Robin (60's series) was Spongebob's MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy.

No, just for outright rejection.
The actual best homage is that Campy radioactive man show.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/12/2017, 05:51 PM
Quote from: esteban on 06/12/2017, 05:42 PMI was just talking about his the other today:

No, just for outright rejection.
The actual best homage is that Campy radioactive man show.
A noble attempt, but not even a contender.

:)

Awww, the MermaidMan and Barnacle Boy segments were ongoing and really developed into something special. It was parody homage with a genuine heart.

I *care* about MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy.

I don't feel that way about most humans, let alone cartoon characters spoofing Batman.

Show me a spoof where you actually care about the characters.

(This will be very difficult, because the Spongebob stuff is actually charming, dammit!)

JoshTurboTrollX

:(

Damn sad after this one.  Grew up enjoying much of Mr. West's work.  Hope his family and friends are moving forward during this tough time.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Dicer

All our campy gentlemen are dying off :/

SignOfZeta

Guys, he was 88. He lived through the depression and WWII. He had two or three careers. He entertained milions. What's sad about that?

When Nintega dies, or Roy Vegas, or everyone with more than 80 posts on Nintendoage, (Nintendotage?) now *that* will be sad.

So until then, shut the fuck up and watch this:
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/14/2017, 09:21 PMSo until then, shut the fuck up and watch this:
Written by Conan O'Brien and Robert Smigel. It's great
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/14/2017, 09:34 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/14/2017, 09:21 PMSo until then, shut the fuck up and watch this:
Written by Conan O'Brien and Robert Smigel. It's great
I just watched the entire episode.

Brannigan!
Bannigan!
Bannex!
Bowflex!

Brilliant.

blueraven

He is, was, and always will be my favorite Batman.
RIP Mr. West.

esteban

"Better than hot water and catsup..."

cr8zykuban0

Sucks to see him pass, even though i havent reallt seen much of gis work as batman but he will surely be missed.