@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Exploiting fear and ignorance, Part ____ (does it matter anymore?)

Started by esteban, 06/15/2017, 07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

DISCLAIMER: Horrible stuff is happening everywhere, but at pcefx, many of us share a general interest in Japanese culture and politics.

ABOMINABLE:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/asia/japan-abe-anti-conspiracy-bill/index.html

I won't even get into obvious issues concerning civil liberties (and Thought Police, and other Orwellian tropes).

Instead, I give you:

"Under the new laws, it will make it illegal to plan to commit 277 criminal actions, from arson to copyright infringement."

Copyright infringement.

SILVER LINING: I haven't listened to Queensryche's glorious Operation Mind Crime in the last few years. Time to dig it out.

Nothing like retrograde laws and self-serving fear-mongerers to spark nostalgia.

The fight continues, comrades.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2017, 07:06 AMInstead, I give you:

"Under the new laws, it will make it illegal to plan to commit 277 criminal actions, from arson to copyright infringement."

Copyright infringement.
So your simply thinking about copying down the contents of the pages from your recent library checkout "How to cook vegetarian meals that won't make you vomit" would soon be a crime.
--DragonmasterDan

SuperDeadite

The copyright part is quite laughable.  Over here media rental shops are still huge.  And guess what, they rent audio CDs for a 100yen a week.  (This is why MD players were quite successful here)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/15/2017, 08:36 AM
Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2017, 07:06 AMInstead, I give you:

Copyright infringement.
So your simply thinking about copying down the contents of the pages from your recent library checkout "How to cook vegetarian meals that won't make you vomit" would soon be a crime.
Yes, exactly!

:)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2017, 04:22 PMYes, exactly!

Well, I can save you the trouble of potentially committing a thought crime, the mere title of the book is a lie and nothing would be edible.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/15/2017, 05:30 PM
Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2017, 04:22 PMYes, exactly!

Well, I can save you the trouble of potentially committing a thought crime, the mere title of the book is a lie and nothing would be edible.
Personally, any recipe that involves French Fries = awesome.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2017, 05:34 PMPersonally, any recipe that involves French Fries = awesome.
So bacon, beef chilli, cheese fries are right up your alley then?
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/15/2017, 05:36 PM
Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2017, 05:34 PMPersonally, any recipe that involves French Fries = awesome.
So bacon, beef chilli, cheese fries are right up your alley then?
Soy bacon, tofu chili, cheese fries = AWESOME.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2017, 05:41 PMSoy bacon, tofu chili, cheese fries = AWESOME.
This is the perfect example of subtraction by addition
Bacon = Awesome
Soy = nauseating

Chilli = Good
Tofu = What Tofuh is this terrible tasting?.. oh it's soy again. Mother f.....
--DragonmasterDan

TheClash603

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/15/2017, 05:45 PM
Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2017, 05:41 PMSoy bacon, tofu chili, cheese fries = AWESOME.
This is the perfect example of subtraction by addition
Bacon = Awesome
Soy = nauseating

Chilli = Good
Tofu = What Tofuh is this terrible tasting?.. oh it's soy again. Mother f.....
Dan gets it.

Dicer

Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2017, 07:06 AMDISCLAIMER: Horrible stuff is happening everywhere, but at pcefx, many of us share a general interest in Japanese culture and politics.

ABOMINABLE:

I won't even get into obvious issues concerning civil liberties (and Thought Police, and other Orwellian tropes).

Instead, I give you:

Copyright infringement.

SILVER LINING: I haven't listened to Queensryche's glorious Operation Mind Crime in the last few years. Time to dig it out.

Nothing like retrograde laws and self-serving fear-mongerers to spark nostalgia.

The best thing to come out of this, Mindcrime is a goddamned masterwork...

mitsuman

Quote from: Dicer on 06/15/2017, 10:13 PM
Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2017, 07:06 AMDISCLAIMER: Horrible stuff is happening everywhere, but at pcefx, many of us share a general interest in Japanese culture and politics.

ABOMINABLE:

Instead, I give you:

Copyright infringement.

The best thing to come out of this, Mindcrime is a goddamned masterwork...
I saw them live twice. Once on the mindcrime tour, and once on the tour for the album after that.
The mind rime show...holy god...it was amazing.

esteban

OFFICIAL TALLY:

Soy = -8,000 pts.

Operation Mindcrime = 10,000 pts.

You may go back to sleep now.

mitsuman

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 06/16/2017, 07:07 AMOFFICIAL TALLY:

Soy = -8,000 pts.

Operation Mindcrime = 10,000 pts.

You may go back to sleep now.