RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

SNES mini YO Americana's get on this NAO!

Started by Digi.k, 06/26/2017, 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 06/28/2017, 01:42 PMThat's the kind of pic gougers post in their craigslist adds.

There a couple years when the local news ran stories about how christmas was ruined for many poor gougers who had bought PS3 and later PS4 systems at launch and were having a hard time flipping them for $3000 - $5000 a piece.

They even got a couple of losers to appear on camera and whine about how they only did it for their kids, but now they couldn't afford to buy them any gifts, because all of the money that they didn't even have in the first place was tied up in consoles to flip.

One asshole actually blamed Sony for either for shipping enough units to meet demand or not marketing one of them well enough to create enough of a demand to cause a shortage.
This "problem" sounds like a solution.  "Here ya go Billy!  It's one of the new Playstation 3s!"
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/28/2017, 01:42 PMThere a couple years when the local news ran stories about how christmas was ruined for many poor gougers who had bought PS3 and later PS4 systems at launch and were having a hard time flipping them for $3000 - $5000 a piece.

They even got a couple of losers to appear on camera and whine about how they only did it for their kids, but now they couldn't afford to buy them any gifts, because all of the money that they didn't even have in the first place was tied up in consoles to flip.

One asshole actually blamed Sony for either for shipping enough units to meet demand or not marketing one of them well enough to create enough of a demand to cause a shortage.
That makes me so happy. I lost all respect for a friend who tried doing this with PS4s. Haven't talked to him since.

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 06/28/2017, 01:42 PMThat's the kind of pic gougers post in their craigslist adds.

There a couple years when the local news ran stories about how christmas was ruined for many poor gougers who had bought PS3 and later PS4 systems at launch and were having a hard time flipping them for $3000 - $5000 a piece.

Lol. This reminds me of that guy who bought out the whole movie theater in hopes of scalping the tickets to some Marvel or DC movies. Then nobody went to see the movie.

A similar thing happened when Beanie Babies tanked. There was some guy who put his six-figure savings into fucking beanie babies and lost his ass. He won't even just sell them off and cut his looses. Instead he keeps them all, hoping the market will magically come back.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: seieienbu on 06/28/2017, 01:40 PMAside from Starfox 2, this doesn't really interest me as I'd rather play on actual hardware and have the vast majority of games on the list already anyway.  That being said, I am slightly curious if there's going to be a controller adapter sold seperately for 3 player Secret of Mana.
I am kind of in the same boat. I think of the games announced the only two I don't have is the star fox 2 and Mario kart.

sirhcman

The problem is these shitheads just return the systems to the store when they can't flip them for profit

Dicer

xcrement5x

Quote from: guest on 06/28/2017, 02:44 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/28/2017, 01:42 PMThat's the kind of pic gougers post in their craigslist adds.

The problem is these shitheads just return the systems to the store when they can't flip them for profit
Exactly.  If they've got a card with a decent line of credit they can load it up and have at least 30 days to sell before the payment is due, plus 90 days total to return to the store and get their money back as well if they can't flip it.  I'd rather have the consumer protections than not, but it's clear some people abuse the system.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 06/28/2017, 02:44 PMThe problem is these shitheads just return the systems to the store when they can't flip them for profit
I'd never thought of that.  That's a really disgusting safety net for profiteering scumbags trying to force themselves into a new middleman position.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

TR0N

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/28/2017, 10:44 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 06/28/2017, 03:23 AMI get the joke but this is what i'm talking about.Beside the fact how expensive the game has become.
Oh, you mean Pocky and Rocky. Not Rocky and Pocky
IMG
Do'h !! Did i get the title mixed up again it's no wonder then. Still,has become one of the most expensive games to buy on the second hand market. To date it still hasn't gotten a release on virtual console or any thing else other wise. It be perfect for the snes mini but i assume a license issue.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Groover

I would not be surprised if these ROM are not found out to be downloaded from the internet like the others. Star Fox 2 I can't wait to find it is just a ROM dump from the internet.  Nintendo will mess this up to and scalpers need to choke on it.

Nintendo will find a way to mess this up. I want one for fun like everyone should but I will not kill or over pay for one.
IMG

NecroPhile

From Nintendo's perspective, the only way they'd mess up is if they don't sell.  They don't care about gamers and would prefer if every single one went to flippers if it meant more hype and quicker sales.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

I'll treat it like the NES classic. If I get one at MSRP cool. If I don't oh well.

johnnykonami

I'm gonna try for one of these despite having a SNES and SFC, I think the inclusion of unreleased games (released with the sanction of the IP holder) like Starfox 2 is really cool.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: johnnykonami on 07/05/2017, 10:51 AMI'm gonna try for one of these despite having a SNES and SFC, I think the inclusion of unreleased games (released with the sanction of the IP holder) like Starfox 2 is really cool.
Although I wouldn't mind a PAL version as I like the aesthetics of the system more then the NA SNES. Even though I grew up with the NA SNES.

cr8zykuban0

I like the fact that the japanese one comes with super street fighter 2 instead of hyper fighting. If i cant find the american version, ill go with the japanese one since that version looks much better in my opinion

Medic_wheat

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 07/06/2017, 03:38 PMI like the fact that the japanese one comes with super street fighter 2 instead of hyper fighting. If i cant find the american version, ill go with the japanese one since that version looks much better in my opinion
I wonder if the metroid will retain the English language options.

BlueBMW

I want one just because it looks cool.  I'm afraid it just wont happen though with all the scalper flippers.  Kind of like the whole video game scene now.  Its just not as much fun anymore since its more about money than games.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Psycho Punch

No peruvian made contemporary ISSD hacks, no buy.

https://youtu.be/or-C5aUL9jI

Nintendo better put Ronaldinho Soccer 64 into the 64 mini to make amends.

Quote from: Gredler on 06/26/2017, 07:40 PMHow rad would it be if it had a cart in the slot, the label is a screen and that shit changes to reflect the game you're playing.
LMAO ridiculously superfluous but awesome, I wish someone would do that. Bonus points for a curved screen to cover the whole label area real carts have.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

in99flames

So....I might just pull the trigger on this. I went to the bank, drained my 401k, got the second mortgage all set up....thoughts? I figured retirement and paying off my house pales in comparison to this:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F182798866756
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

Arkhan Asylum

This shit is why other countries want to blow us up.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

turboswimbz

NO hyper or Holy grail in title. Can't Buy.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!