10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

What games did you wish had been ported to the PCE/TG-16?

Started by sanjo, 06/27/2017, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanjo

What game that appeared in arcades or other consoles, did you wish see ported to the PC-Engine and CD / TG-16?

for me:

Area-88/UN Squadron: A number of Capcom's CPS1 games were ported to the PCE, and surprisingly Area 88 only came out on the SNES/SFC and some lesser known computers. I always thought it would have been right at home on the PCE. maybe a conversion that would be more like the arcade, with two players, rather than the single player version found on the SNES port.

KOF 94: This one never came out on any of the 16-bit systems. I think with the sheer amount of characters, it might be only limited to cd based consoles like the mega-cd or pce-cd.  ram limitations probably might limit in-round character swaps, and resort to going round by round matches. but I feel the PCE could've done it.

what say you guys?

NecroPhile

Similar thread: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=20980.15

My picks would be a fancy multi-player Tetris, more Neo Geo ports for the Arcade Card (King of the Monsters!), more multiplayer brawlers (Final Fight, Simpsons, and TMNT) and more run n guns (Contra and Bucky).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

sanjo

Quote from: guest on 06/27/2017, 10:25 AMSimilar thread: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=20980.15

My picks would be a fancy multi-player Tetris, more Neo Geo ports for the Arcade Card (King of the Monsters!), more multiplayer brawlers (Final Fight, Simpsons, and TMNT) and more run n guns (Contra and Bucky).
Thanks, I'm still relatively new in this forum and figuring out the threads!
Since there's already an arcade port wishlist.. maybe this one can be a console only port wishlist?

Since some Konami games came out for PCE.. would like to see a Contra game. They nailed Castlevania, I would imagine they could make a great Contra one too!

since Hudson soft was one of the main guys for PCE, it would've been nice if they brought Milon's castle over too

NecroPhile

More Hudson stuff would've been great, like PCE ports of Super Adventure Islands, Super Bombermans, and Super Bonks.

LostFlunky

Mortal Kombat - even though it was mostly shit.  Sales might have picked up in NA.

NHL 94

More (near) "arcade perfect" games like Galaga 88 and Pac Land.

esteban

MEGA ZONE
 MEGA ZONE
   MEGA ZONE
    MEGA ZONE
   MEGA ZONE
  MEGA ZONE
MEGA ZONE
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

exodus

Digi.k

PukeSter

Super Bonk 2 (the Bonk 3 we deserved)
Ninja Gaiden III
Street Fighter II Turbo

PukeSter

Street Fighter II Turbo (not a fan of the speed but the extra moves would've been great)
Super Bonk 2 (this was the Bonk 3 we deserved, highly recommended!!)
Ninja Gaiden III

o.pwuaioc

So good you said it twice?

Not PCE per se, but I would have liked to see Varth come to a console sometime between 1993 and 1998.

Samurai Shodown 2 that had graphics like the Genesis and gameplay like the SNES.

sanjo

how about in addition to listing what games you wished were ported, how well could it be ported over keeping in midn the PCE's capabilities?

After watching a long play of Area 88. if they based it on the arcade version.. the game is entirely horizontal, so I think the PCE-CD version could use horizontal line scrolling to mimic the arcade's parallax scrolling. I also think it would be closer to the arcade's larger sprite size and resolution compared to the SNES and of course better music of CD based.
If they based the game on the SNES version, I think it would be nearly the same, except perhaps the cave stage which has a lot of vertical parts.

I really wonder how Konami would do a Contra game on the PCE-CD, keeping in mind how awesome Rondo was. I felt their games really pushed both the Sega and PCE to their limits, it would've been awesome if they made it.

majors

Quote from: Koa Zo on 06/29/2017, 04:50 AMJuno First
This guy knows. It was before my time in the arcade, just barely. I never recall seeing one when I was rocking Super Cobra and X's and O's Atari foot ball. I only found out about it from a podcast, then playing it on a multicade. Very good game! From first glance you'd think it was Williams with it similar lasers to Defender, but it is indeed Konami.

There is def a shortage of beat'em ups, so any arcade ports or even new IP of those would be welcome. I was a fan of Target Earth/Leynos so something along those lines like Cybernator on our beloved system would be cool. Spriggian Mk2 does not count.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: majors on 06/29/2017, 08:29 AM
Quote from: Koa Zo on 06/29/2017, 04:50 AMJuno First
This guy knows. It was before my time in the arcade, just barely. I never recall seeing one when I was rocking Super Cobra and X's and O's Atari foot ball. I only found out about it from a podcast, then playing it on a multicade. Very good game! From first glance you'd think it was Williams with it similar lasers to Defender, but it is indeed Konami.
AtariAge put out an excellent conversion of it for the 2600. Quickly rose to one of my favorites on the system. It definitely would have been amazing on the Turbo.

esteban

Juno First?

Wow, I don't know this game (I don't think I do, anyway...)

UPDATE: ...pending...

Ha! I want to play Juno First now!

kosko99

Mortal Kombat  :oops:
Yeah, was one of my favs back then heh, specially MK2

JoshTurboTrollX

I'll be lame and say Square and Enix RPGs.

it would've been amazing to see SCD versions of Actraiser or Secret of Mana.  Just imagine the orchestrated soundtracks.  My guess is these games would remain (gameplay-wise) much the same.

Also, a 16-bit like port of TMNT III- Manhattan Project (TMNT IV style grafx with NES style gameplay)  - my fantasy!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

_Paul

PukeSter

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 06/29/2017, 01:20 PMI'll be lame and say Square and Enix RPGs.

it would've been amazing to see SCD versions of Actraiser or Secret of Mana.  Just imagine the orchestrated soundtracks.  My guess is these games would remain (gameplay-wise) much the same.

Also, a 16-bit like port of TMNT III- Manhattan Project (TMNT IV style grafx with NES style gameplay)  - my fantasy!
Some snes games have cd soundtracks you can download. Link to the past even has cutscenes!

spenoza

An updated version of Silkworm would have been nice.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 06/29/2017, 01:38 PM
Good pick the same can be said for any atari arcade game that ran on the atari system II.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

o.pwuaioc

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 06/29/2017, 01:38 PMIndiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Arcade
Dang, that's pretty cool looking.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 06/30/2017, 12:58 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/30/2017, 12:39 PMMetal Gear 1 and 2
At least Metal Gear 2! I'm not doling out for an MSX.
Metal Gear 1 on NES is shit.  You want to play the MSX one anyways.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Digi.k

a Mr Do compilation
Magicians Lord
Ghost n' Goblins
Super Street Fighter II X
Trojan
Puyo Puyo hucard edition :(

seieienbu

The first came out in 96 so it's a tad late, but I've often wondered how well the PC Engine would have done Metal Slug.  Ideally, a PC Engine port would be an Arcade Card CD game I suppose. 

If not that, then maybe a version of Contra that was reworked to avoid flickering sprites everywhere?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

benlefou

The engine missed out on a lot of 'walk right and fight' brawlers! So would definitely love to have seen more than Crest of wolf and Mad Stalker.

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
The Combatribes

Also R-TYPE 3 would have been killer!
IMG
A PC Engine blog.

TheClash603

5 player Zombies Ate My Neighbors would've been an awesome console port.

esteban

Inspired by 306ClashThe:

Time Soldiers for five-player co-op (ok, that might be asking too much)

NOTE: Time Soldiers *arcade version*, the SMS game is not in any way Time Soldiers.

This was when SNK made great games, not stoopid Art of vs. fighting Fury

LostFlunky

saturndual32

My top 10 would be:
Samurai Spirits
Super Street Fighter 2
Mortal Kombat
NBA Jam
Final Fight
Thunder Force 3/Spirits
Arcade Contra (any of them)
R Type 2
Metal Gear Solid 2
SD Snatcher

Keith Courage

Shadow of the Beast 2 and 3. Splatterhouse 2 and 3. oh, and English translations of snatcher, valis 1 and 4.

soop

Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: saturndual32 on 07/02/2017, 11:39 PMMetal Gear Solid 2
Man, if they could've ported a PS2 game from the future onto PCE, that would have been the tits.

lol.

durrrrrr

<3

really though, MG2 on PCE would've owned.  The soundtrack would've been about the same, but in stereo.

The PCE could have easily handled that game, too.   It might have actually been easier to write on the PCE vs. MSX.

Quote from: Keith Courage on 07/03/2017, 01:42 AMShadow of the Beast 2 and 3.
Beast3 should've not been a fucking Amiga exclusive.   That was stupid of them, and probably part of why that series tapered off.

Dicer

Quote from: soop on 07/03/2017, 10:13 AMBubble Bobble.
This is actually happening...

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=11056.0

That said, I'd love a port of Rolling Thunder...or Black tiger, or both!!!

esteban

IMG

Paxanadu = PCE port of Faxanadu (the Famicom offshoot of Xanadu)

cr8zykuban0

would have loved to have seen
contra
zoom
street of rage
final fight
tetris
sunset riders

maybe lightning fighters and thats all i can think about

deubeul

Shinobi (full edition)
Cabal
Midnight resistance
Sly Spy
Snow Bros
KOF 94
Toki
Strider (SGX)
TMNT (arcade)
Asterix (arcade)

saturndual32

Quote from: guest on 07/03/2017, 12:08 PM
Quote from: saturndual32 on 07/02/2017, 11:39 PMMetal Gear Solid 2
Man, if they could've ported a PS2 game from the future onto PCE, that would have been the tits.

lol.

durrrrrr

<3

really though, MG2 on PCE would've owned.  The soundtrack would've been about the same, but in stereo.

The PCE could have easily handled that game, too.   It might have actually been easier to write on the PCE vs. MSX.
:mrgreen:
But yeah, Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake getting the PCE CD treatment... if only.

NoSexGex

Definitely the 2nd & 3rd instalment in the SplatterHouse series, or some more Castlevania.
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Galad

Black Tiger

soop

Quote from: Dicer on 07/04/2017, 06:07 PM
Quote from: soop on 07/03/2017, 10:13 AMBubble Bobble.
This is actually happening...

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=11056.0

That said, I'd love a port of Rolling Thunder...or Black tiger, or both!!!
Heheh I know, look at the topic starter of that thread :D

The main reason I still come here is to check on the process of that game.  Been a while!
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: deubeul on 07/05/2017, 02:35 AMShinobi (full edition)
Cabal
Midnight resistance
Sly Spy
Snow Bros
KOF 94
Toki
Strider (SGX)
TMNT (arcade)
Asterix (arcade)
kof 94 would have been cool! i would have loved to have seen more snk ports being brought to pc engine

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NoSexGex

For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Digi.k

oh and since there was a thread about golf games..

pce versions anyone ?
Plus...

Arkhan Asylum

I didn't know Mystic Warriors was a golf game

how do I get to the golf part

o.pwuaioc