Shoutbox

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 07/03/2017, 01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightWolve

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 02/19/2018, 12:10 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 02/19/2018, 09:49 AMWoot!  Shoutbox lives!

Thanks, NW.  :mrgreen:
wheres my thanks for being a bitchy cunt for months and making this dumbassed thread until it finally got fixed? lolol
It was funny watching you guys bitch about it over the years in futility, heh heh. Stuff like this that Aaron would never see:

IMG

Anyway, you're welcome.

Keep in mind I'll look again for other freebie chat mods at the SMF Mods section though there aren't much. This one had a 2017 update, so it wasn't as abandoned as the others. But given all the code patching I had to do, and how cheap it is, it's unfortunate...

Anybody remember the old chat mod being better, what it looked like ?? I wasn't active back then, never saw it.

Mathius

I remember it looking better but that could be the nostalgia talking. It wasn't much better though. One thing I think it did have was that it showed who was online I think? But back then the forum didn't have that bar at the bottom showing attendance.

FYI the auto scroll is still buggy when someone writes more than one line of text.

geise

It was not too far off from Paul's chat before it went away.

roflmao

Woo! Thanks, NW!

NecroPhile

Quote from: NightWolve on 02/20/2018, 08:00 PMAnybody remember the old chat mod being better, what it looked like ?? I wasn't active back then, never saw it.
Other than it scrolling properly (this one doesn't autoscroll on chrome) and being larger (maybe resizeable?), I don't remember it being much different.  If anything this one is more advanced, as I don't recall the old one having buttons for font, colors, smileys, etc. though they'd work if appropriate code was typed.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

Alright, Shoutbox v2.1 update.

* Empty your browser's cache if you can and hit F5/Refresh a few times to make sure all updated JavaScript files get downloaded.

* Double/Triple echo post bug 100% fixed! The refresh occurs every 3.5 seconds to check for new texts, the server asynchronous related code has been preserved to satisfy Matt's annoyance at the slight pausing before and my preference for perfection. ;) It's all gotten MUCH better from what it was out of the box!

* Auto-scrolling, fixed/improved, every 3.5 seconds to the bottom/newest text.

* I added a resize ability good only for browsers with CSS 3.0 support like Chrome, and an active chat viewer list up-to-date every 4 seconds underneath the chat. (Seems people are leaving a chat window open all night since it was added...so doesn't necessarily mean they're in front of their phone/PC.)

IMG

* Shoutbox now registers as a new SMF forum action titled "The PC EngineFX Shoutbox," so it's been properly integrated and will display as member activity when looking at the Who's Online page.

* Shout/chatbox compatibility so far: Chrome v63 & IE 11 on Windows 7, Chrome on Android 4.4 Kitkat & Android 7.1 Nougat. Dunno how/why it started working on Android 4.4 Chrome, the programmatic scrolling wouldn't work before, but it got fixed with the latest changes.

* And once again for our beloved Arkhan, I patched a dead image link to Yahoo for the YIM! GIF and added it to the theme image folder (/yim.gif) so it stops splattering the alternative image display text. AOL AIM attributes to a profile were deactivated since I know that's dead. I wasn't sure about YIM just yet, but whatevah. ;)

IMG IMG

Mathius

TheClash603

Might I suggest a longer period for auto scroll?  When I join chat I like to read what others are talking about, but it's hard to do in 3.5 seconds.

NightWolve

I think a button or checkbox to toggle it on/off will do the trick when I get to it. :)

EDIT: Err wait, I just made it smarter. It'll ONLY auto-scroll after detecting a new post at the bottom, and play the sound by default (that was buggier earlier). That might be good enough!

Everyone should do a full emptying of cache and refresh on your browser to make sure it all gets updated. Lots of changes, code is simpler, back to asynchronous style, server sends less HTML data to load text of room, should all make Matt happy. I'm surprised at the improvements and it works on IE with no conditional DHTML code tricks/differences now, etc.

EDIT: _Paul just suggested and made Bonk sound effects for the arrival event of a new text, I liked them so they've been added (mp3/wav versions). Lovin' it! :)

Mathius

I'm off to check now!  :D

ClodBusted

Civil engineers are so single that 'GF' means actually ground floor to them.

Psycho Punch

Konami is releasing reprints of expensive cards that every meta player uses in easy to get rarities. I literally could not have chosen a better way to come back into this stupid children's card game again.

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=8622

Konami is getting a little less greedy OR the game is dying OR all of those op cards are hitting the next banlist. I want to believe in the first one.

Shiny cardboard is forever, thanks for your time.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Arkhan Asylum

FUCK YOUGGUHGIGOIGHOH
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 02/28/2018, 12:30 AMFUCK YOUGGUHGIGOIGHOH
SUCK MY D. ARKHO

/wE3ig10.jpg

Thanks for your time.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NightWolve

:cook: :cook: :cook: :adol: :adol: :adol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Some new smileys for chatbox and posts added.

Credits: I asked Gredler to make me a "thumbs up" animation that matches existing smileys. The Cook was NecroPhile's idea and Adol mine naturally.

blueraven

NightWolve

Alright guys, I got clearance today for the shoutbox from the big boss, so it's here to stay. :)

IMG

seieienbu

Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Arkhan Asylum

needs more homebrew emojis

LIKE ONES FROM THE GAMES FROM THE GUY THAT BITCHED ABOUT SHOUTBOX AND GOT IT BACK FOR US
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gredler

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 03/12/2018, 01:31 AMneeds more homebrew emojis

LIKE ONES FROM THE GAMES FROM THE GUY THAT BITCHED ABOUT SHOUTBOX AND GOT IT BACK FOR US
Whole heartedly agree, and had sent the two used in both DoxPhiles and discords emojis for yuki and your atlantean ship, maybe you can post some here?

atlanteanship.gif

I can't seem to get the yuki url from discord mobile app, I was at a pc at the time.

I also had sent 16x16 versions of the cat which are the gameplay sprites  and same pixel relativity to the smilies

:thumbsup:

Arkhan Asylum

we need to get an Insanity robot or something too. 

ClodBusted

We need these emojis:

wayback.peso.nu/html/penguin02.html

Especially this one:

pen1_59.gif

Hahaha!

TheClash603

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 03/12/2018, 04:04 AMwe need to get an Insanity robot or something too. 
Nah

NightWolve

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 03/12/2018, 01:31 AMneeds more homebrew emojis

Heh, Gredler already gave me the ship and a Yuki with the RockCats before you ever said anything, so it'll get added. I mean, I threw the Adol in there which really doesn't serve much purpose other than for Falcom fanboys to throw it around once in a while in solidarity, so can't say no to other similar images. ;) You can provide sets of stuff if you want here.

Arkhan Asylum

With the fact we have 3 catastrophys and 2 yukis and no Aetherbytery, I can only assume you're doing it on purpose.

shoutbox sucks take it down.

NightWolve

Ha, cry baby!!!

:yuki: :adol: :geni: :adol: :yuki: :geni: :yuki: :adol: :geni: :geni: :yuki: :adol:

Arkhan Asylum

if it wasn't for complaining we'd have no shoutbox, and I wouldn't have gotten upgraded to a google pixel 2 from a shitty moto phone for free.

blueraven

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 03/13/2018, 04:17 AMif it wasn't for complaining we'd have no shoutbox, and I wouldn't have gotten upgraded to a google pixel 2 from a shitty moto phone for free.
I HEARD THERE WAS A RAFFLE PLEASE ENTER ME IN THIS RAFFLE I HAVE 50 POSTS

Gredler

Arkhan send Nightwolve more sprites dude, pls

NecroPhile

I haven't sent you any sprites, but I'm gonna piss and moan that you haven't put them up for me.  Waaahhhh!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

Quote from: NecroPhile on 03/13/2018, 09:08 AMI haven't sent you any sprites, but I'm gonna piss and moan that you haven't put them up for me.  Waaahhhh!
If I created like 7 dope homebrew games starting a decade ago I'd want to see my stuff first too.
Just sayin'

But yeah, Ark! get all giphy with it and if you need me to resize shit with photoshop lmk

NightWolve

Quote from: NecroPhile on 03/13/2018, 09:08 AMI haven't sent you any sprites, but I'm gonna piss and moan that you haven't put them up for me.  Waaahhhh!
This, pretty much. Unlike Rover who worked with me, provided both the :token: and competent popup lines from the game to associate with his Yukis. ;)

S'alright though, I was amused by Arkhan's years of begging for the shoutbox which played a large part in researching how to get one installed again. And it's an added bonus now to snuff out DildoPhile / chat.  :twisted: Much more rewarding, heh...

Arkhan Asylum

lol.... Gredler, who you asked for sprites (why didn't you ask me? I know you hate/don't play/buy our games, but c'mon, lolol), gave you Atlantean and Yuki ones too.   So, it's obvious you skimped out just to take the piss.   You're not fooling anyone lol.

;)

Yeah, so apparently Gredler actually gave him one along with the others. ... sooooooo.....

#whatthefuckhappenedtopcefx

NightWolve

Well, Gredler put direct effort in place when it came to the RockCats, tried different sizes and so forth, we talked about options for popup text on the spot, etc. So more motivation and direct collaborating led to faster results.

He also gave me others like a cheap static Yuki and your ship, but I didn't bother with the Yuki until the same thing happened with Rover who found 2 nice animated ones (Yuki & Geni), and knew exactly what perfect popup text to use, so that happened before the ship for that reason.

Now, I dunno how these new smileys can be shoehorned in posts, under what context, it'll be limited of course, but like I said, why not add a personal touch with our PCE legacy, no harm, no foul right ???

Gredler

Quote from: NightWolve on 03/13/2018, 08:00 PMWell, Gredler put direct effort in place when it came to the RockCats, tried different sizes and so forth, we talked about options for popup text on the spot, etc. So more motivation and direct collaborating led to faster results.

He also gave me others like a cheap static Yuki and your ship, but I didn't bother with the Yuki until the same thing happened with Rover who found 2 nice animated ones (Yuki & Geni), and knew exactly what perfect popup text to use, so that happened before the ship for that reason.

Now, I dunno how these new smileys can be shoehorned in posts, under what context, it'll be limited of course, but like I said, why not add a personal touch with our PCE legacy, no harm, no foul right ???
Moar emojis from the homebrew crew!!!

Arkhan Asylum

I just assume everyone's taking the piss because that's what DildoPhile's peanut gallery has broadcast for like 2 years or so now, lol.

Arkhan Asylum

#MSXISGAY ARKHANS AFAG LOLFUCK OFF DO YOU EVEN LIKE PC ENGINE WHY ARE YOU HERE
#HURHDURHDR

#wherehaveallthecowboysgone

Opethian

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

ClodBusted

If you like a lot of Arkhan on your biscuit, join our club.

blueraven

SHOUTBOX THE FORUM THE TOP OF FORUM

owait

blueraven

So, uhh Ark, what do we do with this thread now?

Arkhan Asylum

WE CONTINUE ONWARD

THIS IS THE SHOUTBOX BOX

ClodBusted

IMG
"Looks like she ain't so happy to see your lil' Arkhan peeping out of your pants. Is she?"

blueraven

Arkhan Asylum

blueraven

blueraven

SO uhh are u gonna change ur profile sig or is it a trophy.

Also old shout is dope 'coz its retro

seieienbu

Quote from: blueraven on 03/17/2018, 06:39 AMSO uhh are u gonna change ur profile sig or is it a trophy.
You could argue that it's an imperative statement or a declaration with no subject I guess.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec