OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Raffle: "Mechanic's special"

Started by exodus, 07/14/2017, 06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exodus

Ever seen that on craigslist posts about cars for real hunks of junk? I've got one of those beauties for you all right now. I have here a copy of Pac-Land, everyone's favorite (!?) pac-man game for the turbo grafx. The game comes "complete" with case, game, and manual (no cardboard).
So, why is this a mechanic's special? A few reasons!
1) the cart is maybe completely useless. As you can see in the photo, it's got corrosion all over it. I tried to fix it, and I don't think it's fixable. But maybe you're cooler than me and can do it!
2) the case label is missing. you could put one of those sparky labels on it if you were nuts! but what else are you gonna put your pac-land label on, really.
3) the hucard-holding tab thing broke off. whoops
4) the manual is a bit scuffed. but hey, it opens up, unlike some other manuals I've got!!

So yeah, WHO WILL BE FIRST IN LINE to take this AMAZING GEM!?
Continental US only, but not limiting it to high posters cause I think most high level posters aren't gonna want it!

Go nuts, friends!

IMG
IMG

Keith Courage

Interesting.

Sure, I'll enter the raffle.

schweaty

Not sure if i can fix it, but im willing to give it a shot.  Im in

mitsuman

I like a good challenge, please put my name on the list for this raffle.

nopepper

How do you even attempt to fix that? I ask because I have a Dino Riki NES cart with similar level of corrosion that I have not been able to resurrect.

Dk_madness

in99flames

Ill enter. Im pretty sure i can fix that.
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

xcrement5x

Eww, I think I can even see the rust/gunk coming up from the bottom of the black part of the chip.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

Pac-Land is worthy of resurrection!

Praise be to the Lord (of Thunder)!

IMG

thanks psycho punch!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

nopepper

Ok, nobody answers my question, so please enter me and I'll figure it out on my own.

Bastards...

Psycho Punch

I still have the same opinion of pac-land one year after posting this video on youtube:
goddamit I hate you pac-land. Esteban's turbodoodle is the only thing good that came of it (I completely forgot about that gif esteban :lol:)
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/15/2017, 11:27 PMgoddamit I hate you pac-land. Esteban's turbodoodle is the only thing good that came of it (I completely forgot about that gif esteban :lol:)
That (video) was actually really good, considering you were using your feet. I don't think I could get as far (after a few stages, my toes get sweaty and slip off the d-pad).

:)

exodus

yeah, I have absolutely no idea how one is supposed to fix this - if I knew, I'd have fixed it :P
I'll do the raffle monday I think!

So far we've got:
keith courage
schweaty
mitsuman
nopepper
dk_madness
in99flames

did I miss anyone?

exodus

alright! calling this raffle! Random.org says:

There were 6 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

schweaty
in99flames
keith courage
mitsuman
dk_madness
nopepper

So, schweaty, PM me your address!

mitsuman

Congrats and good luck schweaty!

nopepper

Thanks for the opportunity and good luck schweaty bringing this back from the dead.

in99flames

Congrats schweaty!
I was so close yet so far...
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

xcrement5x

Congrats schweaty, if you create a hucard Lazarus pit please share. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

schweaty

Oh, snap!  I won (?) a raffle.  I have a few ideas I want to try.  If the first 2 don't work, the last one is a skosh on the extreme side, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. 

schweaty

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

got the game in the mail yesterday and immediately went to work.  here's what i received.  lots of corrosion like in the original post.
IMG
i always pop in a game just to see what's wrong with it before i do anything to it.  in this case, it was as advertised:  solid color screen of death.  my go-to move is to hit the pins with a plastic eraser.  i figured it was the quickest solution and at least worth a shot.  the eraser had minimal effect and the result was predictable:  solid color screen of death.  i was all out of brasso and counter-top cleaner so i moved on to what i thought was my last best hope.  i soaked the pins in white vinegar for a few hours, dried it off and hit it with the plastic eraser to remove any remaining corrosion.  i let it sit overnight to make sure it was dry before i put any electric current through it.  here's what it looked like when i was done:
IMG

and here is the result:
IMG

mitsuman

Nice work!
Have you played through it yet? Any issues anywhere in the game?

schweaty

I played the first couple levels without any issues

esteban

FUKX YES!!!!

....and I don't care, this is fun game.

:)

LostFlunky

Cool!  Those pins are fuxxored though...I am amazed at the missing bits.

Vinegar is awesome.  So many uses.

mitsuman

Quote from: esteban on 07/30/2017, 08:46 PM..and I don't care, this is fun game.
Indeed it is. I loved playing it when I had it in my collection years ago.

exodus

Hooray!! I'm glad it got resurrected! I thought those missing bits would be a huge problem, but I guess they're all making contact, and that's what counts!?