10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

I have to sell my PC-FX :(

Started by OldRover, 07/20/2017, 12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

Anyone here want it? I'd rather not list it on fleabay if I can help it... would rather one of y'all good people get first dibs. Not sure what they run for these days, and I don't use evilbay as a price guide. I wouldn't sell it if I didn't need the money. It does't have any games with it but it runs CDRs just fine and I've used it for some basic homebrewing. One controller and A/V cables included. I can take pics if need be; it's in pretty dang good shape and I don't really notice any yellowing.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

JoshTurboTrollX

aw man! I mean, nobody really "needs" a PCFX, but it's a cool conversation piece.  Sad to see you have to move your FX unit.  Hope it goes to a good home!!

:D
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Filler

I need a PC-FX, but I already have 3. :P

OldRover

Gonna give it another day here... if no one bites, I will have to send it to the bay of evil.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: The Old Rover on 07/22/2017, 01:56 AMGonna give it another day here... if no one bites, I will have to send it to the bay of evil.
man this dude at game con yesterday wanted one but he doesn't use forums or facebook.  I told him to come here and register, but I don't think he did.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

xcrement5x

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/23/2017, 11:55 PM
Quote from: The Old Rover on 07/22/2017, 01:56 AMGonna give it another day here... if no one bites, I will have to send it to the bay of evil.
man this dude at game con yesterday wanted one but he doesn't use forums or facebook.  I told him to come here and register, but I don't think he did.
Most people buying stuff at cons are all about instant gratification.  MUST BUY NOW!

I get wrapped up a bit at it at con sometimes, but normally I just snap a photo or jot down what looks nice there and buy it myself later much cheaper. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

OldRover

I held off a few extra days just in case. Off to ebay tomorrow.

LowRes

PM sent.  Not sure there's any games I want to play on PCFX but damn does it ever look good.  :) lol
Started a US TurboGrafx-16 Collection in 2017! ... Then I moved on to PC Engine

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: LowRes on 07/27/2017, 07:27 PMPM sent.  Not sure there's any games I want to play on PCFX but damn does it ever look good.  :) lol
Hope you guys were able to make a good deal. Need to whip out the old FX every now and again for enjoyment!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Since no deals were ever made here (and I left this open a lot longer than I normally would), I have sent it off to evilbay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/202021982069

GohanX

Yo Rove, I bought the system. If you'd prefer to cancel the eBay auction transaction and for me to pay you outside of eBay to avoid fees that's cool.

Johnpv

It's going to a good home.  Wish I had the cash right now to have bought it myself.

OldRover

Quote from: GohanX on 08/16/2017, 12:51 PMYo Rove, I bought the system. If you'd prefer to cancel the eBay auction transaction and for me to pay you outside of eBay to avoid fees that's cool.
That'd look bad on my record, I'm afraid. ebay is a buyer's market these days and they get cranky when sellers pull such things. I have no problem going along with the sale as posted; the fees won't be due for awhile and things should be financially stable by then. I just needed to sell this as quickly as I could to keep August afloat. Thanks for helping. :) Come September, things should be back to normal.

NecroPhile

I believe you have the option of a buyer requested cancellation, which doesn't hurt your ratings at all.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

GohanX

I just didn't want to pm Rove then have some douche buy it while we were communicating lol

OldRover

It's all good; I've already processed the order. Besides, a successful sale does improve my standing on ebay, which is... well... a necessary evil. :lol: I'm about to make the PO drop right now; you should get it in a couple of days. Enjoy. :)

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 08/16/2017, 01:41 PMI believe you have the option of a buyer requested cancellation, which doesn't hurt your ratings at all.
This is correct.

GohanX

Got the PCFX Friday, been playing the hell out of Zeroigar. Thanks Rove!

Gypsy

Quote from: GohanX on 08/22/2017, 12:42 PMGot the PCFX Friday, been playing the hell out of Zeroigar. Thanks Rove!
Great game, glad to see someone else enjoying this system. I downloaded a few more games for it recently. :)