OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Games that feature a pc engine in the intro scene

Started by Keith Courage, 08/30/2017, 11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Courage

I noticed recently that the game Power Eleven has a great intro featuring a HU card and the pc engine itself.
I was wondering if anyone else knows if there are any other games that show off a pc engine in the main intro. Well besides Star Parodier and wrong CD system card screens.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keith Courage

Nice! That would make a great signature.

esteban

SRSLY, I want to find more games that depict the PCE hardware/software!

Let us not forget the TURBOTAP (multitap!)

I think we had a topic like this a million years ago (possibly not here at pcefx...)

Here are some *possible* starting points:

(1) Nectaris/Military Madness -- one of the few games with a real tutorial... I can't remember if they show an actual controller or just ROMAN NUMERAL "I" and "II" with a generic button.

(2) Bomberman '93 & '94 show 5-player multitap?

(3) System Card 3.0+ warning messages (there must be at least a few that show some hardware/hucard?)

(4) Karaoke and/or Catalog discs have some wacky things.... possibly in the menus? I actually want to get some more Karaoke discs because I am curious about mini-games and graphics used in the "videos" for each song....

Surely there is at least one more person out there in the cosmos who is intrigued by pixel art of PCE hardware/software? Maybe?

ccovell

It probably doesn't count for much, but Tongueman's Logic has PC-Engine CPUs for circuit boards, and my demo COURAGE has several Turbografxes and Turbochips around...
IMG

CrackTiger

It's not the main intro, but Snatcher has a Duo.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Digi.k

Is that a pc engine I see there?

Bomba'93   
IMG

Psycho Punch

Populous PROMISED has PC Engines everywhere in "digital" stages (not sure why they kept the Commodore flags in the PCE version though)

IMG

Esteban I think you're going to have a hard time finding another game with a PCE in the intro... aside from Power Eleven the other obvious answer is Fantasy Star Soldier.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

wildfruit

Take the a train 3 has a very tiny picture of a controller on the menu screen

esteban

Quote from: ccovell on 09/02/2017, 05:54 AMIt probably doesn't count for much, but Tongueman's Logic has PC-Engine CPUs for circuit boards, and my demo COURAGE has several Turbografxes and Turbochips around...
That counts, dammit.

But where are the screenshots for COURAGE? Help a cretin like me out!

:)

Quote from: Digi.k on 09/02/2017, 10:22 AMIs that a pc engine I see there?
Bomba'93 
Damn, I have played this so much recently with my kids but didn't notice that!

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2017, 05:40 PMPopulous PROMISED has PC Engines everywhere in "digital" stages (not sure why they kept the Commodore flags in the PCE version though)

Esteban I think you're going to have a hard time finding another game with a PCE in the intro... aside from Power Eleven the other obvious answer is Fantasy Star Soldier.
Yeah, I think we can safely say that I am interested in *any* reference to our beloved PCE counts, regardless of when/where.

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2017, 10:03 AMIt's not the main intro, but Snatcher has a Duo.
Damn! DUO Monitor + battery pack? Or extension cord?

Quote from: wildfruit on 09/02/2017, 10:25 PMTake the a train 3 has a very tiny picture of a controller on the menu screen
Will it win the prize for tiniest PCE hardware (measured in pixels)?

CrackTiger

QuoteDamn! DUO Monitor + battery pack? Or extension cord?
Duo + Metal Gear.

7:40:
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ccovell

Quote from: esteban on 09/02/2017, 10:33 PM
Quote from: ccovell on 09/02/2017, 05:54 AMIt probably doesn't count for much, but Tongueman's Logic has PC-Engine CPUs for circuit boards, and my demo COURAGE has several Turbografxes and Turbochips around...
That counts, dammit.

These are in the demo in places:
Courage_Coll.gif

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2017, 11:00 PM
QuoteDamn! DUO Monitor + battery pack? Or extension cord?
Duo + Metal Gear.
01:18
Ha! That is sweetness.

IMG 

Quote from: ccovell on 09/03/2017, 01:47 AM
Quote from: esteban on 09/02/2017, 10:33 PM
That counts, dammit.

These are in the demo in places:
IMG
Jeezus Kryst, I need to get my TED working.

Awesome.

exodus

This isn't from a game intro, but it's the first thing I thought of
IMG

Digi.k

hmmm not really pc engine but these have the pc engine controller in the demo..

unreleased Popils
IMG

Force Gear
IMG

esteban

CrackTiger

New Adventure Island has Duo/PCE pads in it.

Henshin Engine has all kinds of stuff.

wildfruit

Here is the tiny controller on the A iii menu
/c16f181.jpg

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 09/05/2017, 03:10 PMHere is the tiny controller on the A iii menu
/c16f181.jpg
That's a great photo of a cute, minimalist PCE pad.

Keith Courage

These are all great examples. Didn't realize all these little things existed.

exodus

I guess somehow we missed star parodier/fantasy star soldier :P

IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: exodus on 09/06/2017, 05:44 PMI guess somehow we missed star parodier/fantasy star soldier :P
IMG IMG
It was in the opening post. [-X

PukeSter

The Original bomberman has a coregrafx and supergrafx as secret items.

exodus

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 09/07/2017, 01:47 PMThe Original bomberman has a coregrafx and supergrafx as secret items.
I remember seeing a scene where white bomber was crying over a pc engine and black bomber was consoling him... I can't remember where I saw this but I loaded up my bomberman hucard games but couldn't find the image....

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 09/07/2017, 09:54 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/07/2017, 01:47 PMThe Original bomberman has a coregrafx and supergrafx as secret items.
I remember seeing a scene where white bomber was crying over a pc engine and black bomber was consoling him... I can't remember where I saw this but I loaded up my bomberman hucard games but couldn't find the image....
Why do I feel like someone has used that image on a website? Like sunteampaul or aaron?

Also, I feel like it should be from Bomberman '93 or '94....but all the games are blending into each other (I was playing all the Bomberman, BomberLode games with my kids recently).

CrackTiger

Psycho Punch

Quote from: esteban on 09/07/2017, 10:38 PM
Quote from: Digi.k on 09/07/2017, 09:54 PM
Quote from: PukeSter on 09/07/2017, 01:47 PMThe Original bomberman has a coregrafx and supergrafx as secret items.
Why do I feel like someone has used that image on a website? Like sunteampaul or aaron?

Also, I feel like it should be from Bomberman '93 or '94....but all the games are blending into each other (I was playing all the Bomberman, BomberLode games with my kids recently).
It's "incrediblehark's" avatar. I actually sent a PM a while ago asking where he got the image, and he replied:

Quote from: incrediblehark on 06/02/2017, 09:03 PMYeah... sorry I'm over a year late in replying. Just got back on the forums - real life got in the way for a while. You probably already found out by now but its in the original bomberman if you try to play multiplayer with no turbo tap connected. Sorry again!
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

munchiaz

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 09/08/2017, 02:40 PMIt's "incrediblehark's" avatar. I actually sent a PM a while ago asking where he got the image, and he replied:

Quote from: incrediblehark on 06/02/2017, 09:03 PMYeah... sorry I'm over a year late in replying. Just got back on the forums - real life got in the way for a while. You probably already found out by now but its in the original bomberman if you try to play multiplayer with no turbo tap connected. Sorry again!
Heh, I knew I'd seen it before.  I'm gonna have to take a peek at the original tonight and see if 93 and 94 have something similar.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/08/2017, 03:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/08/2017, 02:40 PMIt's "incrediblehark's" avatar. I actually sent a PM a while ago asking where he got the image, and he replied:

Heh, I knew I'd seen it before.  I'm gonna have to take a peek at the original tonight and see if 93 and 94 have something similar.
Wait....do we know of other games that display something kool (humorous message and/or art and/or sound effect) when you try to play multiplayer with no TurboTap?

This is awesome.

The thread that keeps on giving...

NecroPhile

IMG

I've investigated a few games for similar pics but so far come up with nothing.  They either simply disable the option of starting a 2+ player game or have a single pad controlling all players.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

I don't think that my Bomberman TE/GT link video is still online anywhere, but I believe that some or all of those games feature hardware pixelart during the link up sequence.

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/11/2017, 01:35 PMIMG
I don't know why he's crying. Dragon's Curse is a one player game with password feature.