OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

A Video Game Con (AVGC) 9/9-9/10 New Jersey

Started by esteban, 09/08/2017, 03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Ninja_Spirit
Johnpv
Turboswimbz
Majors
Esteban
Napoli

IMG 

(pcefxers attending AVGC, L to R: majors, ninja_spirit, johnpv, turboswimz, esteban)

IMG
IMG
Pop & Chips for Super CassetteVision

IMG 
IMG 
IMG 
IMG 
IMG 
IMG
IMG

I am not shilling for AVGC, but if you are in the area (Parsippany, NJ) this weekend, I don't mind hanging out in the parking lot and talking TURBOB or whatever.

PM me for contact info. Email me. Anything. Goddammit.

:)

* If you **are** attending, then you MUST see me, if only to  awkwardly say "Hi...bye..."

I will snap at least a few photos and post them here. Promise.

POSSIBILITY: Grabbing food at diner Saturday night? Yes, that could happen. You don't need to attend AVGC to join us.

2016 AVGC Photos/Discussion:
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=21372.msg468774#msg468774

New Jersey Turbob 4 Evah.

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

gheebee

I was looking forward to checking this out again this year but, unfortunately, it doesn't look as if I will be able to make it. :/

esteban

Quote from: gheebee on 09/08/2017, 03:54 PMI was looking forward to checking this out again this year but, unfortunately, it doesn't look as if I will be able to make it. :/
Well, if you are in the area, don't hesitate to contact me...if only to grab a coffee or eat Doritos in the parking lot.

gheebee

Quote from: esteban on 09/08/2017, 04:12 PMWell, if you are in the area, don't hesitate to contact me...if only to grab a coffee or eat Doritos in the parking lot.

Thanks, I probably won't be but if I do wind up in the area I'll keep that in mind!

turboswimbz

Esty I will be around later in the day. and What New Jorseyian says no to diner food?
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

esteban

esteban

Johnpv

I'll be there today and possibly Saturday.  I was too shy to say Hi last year.  I will try to not be so this year and say hi.

esteban

Quote from: Johnpv on 09/09/2017, 08:40 AMI'll be there today and possibly Saturday.  I was too shy to say Hi last year.  I will try to not be so this year and say hi.
Awesome! There will be a table of PCE consoles+ Saturn Bomberman (10 chairs) in the corner of the vendor room. I will be at the table (PCE consoles) or playing MEGAZONE (arcade room). My goal is to beat MEGAZONE (I have little chance of doing so, but I've made it my mission in life).

I'll be there 10:30am-closing today.

Check your PM for contact info.

I think I want to check out some of the silly YouTube folks who are presenting today, but every time I say that, I end up playing MEGAZONE instead.

esteban

Ninja_Spirit has been here at PCE table for 1-2 hours. We swapped out CDX for NEOGEO he brought.

o.pwuaioc

Too short of a notice to come out this weekend (and far from the city!), but maybe next year. Turbo times are always fun times.

The Super Cassette Vision, on the other hand, was rightfully trounced, and isn't worth a fraction of what it costs on ebay. A neat oddity, but way to expensive to justify owning.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2017, 06:56 PMThe Super Cassette Vision, on the other hand, was rightfully trounced, and isn't worth a fraction of what it costs on ebay. A neat oddity, but way to expensive to justify owning.
But it has a Lupin game.....
--DragonmasterDan

Johnpv

Just wanted to say I had a majorly good time chilling with you guys today, looking forward to tomorrow!

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 09/09/2017, 08:05 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/09/2017, 06:56 PMThe Super Cassette Vision, on the other hand, was rightfully trounced, and isn't worth a fraction of what it costs on ebay. A neat oddity, but way to expensive to justify owning.
I never owned Lupin, but the games weren't the issues. It's the controller more than anything. I just hated the controller. The console itself was dubbed my wife "the microwave." Felt cheap and too toy-like, just like the controllers.

I did find the balloon effect when there's no game in it to be kind of cool, but that's about it.

And Astro Wars was too tough and not fun enough.

As I said, it's kind of neat to own, but wasn't worth keeping as a console proper.

esteban

PHOTOS added...

Quote from: Johnpv on 09/09/2017, 10:14 PMJust wanted to say I had a majorly good time chilling with you guys today, looking forward to tomorrow!
It was lots of fun. ;)

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2017, 10:45 PM
I never owned Lupin, but the games weren't the issues. It's the controller more than anything. I just hated the controller. The console itself was dubbed my wife "the microwave." Felt cheap and too toy-like, just like the controllers.

I did find the balloon effect when there's no game in it to be kind of cool, but that's about it.

And Astro Wars was too tough and not fun enough.

As I said, it's kind of neat to own, but wasn't worth keeping as a console proper.
I really enjoyed the quirky ASTRO WARS II... it was tough, but the enemies had some interesting behaviors and I like the "boss" battles.

I agree with the controllers, though. Crazy.

esteban

That Lupin game was actually pretty interesting to play. I thought it was kool.

turboswimbz

Real life conversation with Esteban is like:

IMG
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

esteban

Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/10/2017, 12:37 PMReal life conversation with Esteban is like:

IMG
Hahhahhahajajahhahajaja!

majors

Well SCV is not that $ on YAJ...I only got it for novelty. It at least looks neat, something you do not see everyday.

Napoly(may have bad spelling) dropped by from the community, he missed most of the others. Def need to hype and make more of an obey scene next year being it'll be a larger venue. Maybe make a turbofest NE...just need to borrow jashs' banner to make it official.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: majors on 09/10/2017, 03:40 PMWell SCV is not that $ on YAJ...I only got it for novelty. It at least looks neat, something you do see everyday
That's fair if you know what you're getting into. It's unfortunate that there aren't more videos of gameplay and no English reviews of the hardware. I wasn't expecting Famicom level quality when I got mine, but I was very, very disappointed. Kept it for a couple years before the culling.

Could be worse, I guess.

esteban

One final bit of stupidly (not unique to NJ, sadly):

IMG
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Heh, even the case is local........  but $2500 for Tonma?!?  Holy fork!!!

It looks like y'all had fun.  That SCV looks pretty nice for an early console; does it have a RGB mod or something?

P.S. - Majors needs the pink lady.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

Wow guys!  This looks awesome!  Such a legendary pic with the most excellent PCFX figures, and Majors!  :P

Love the pics, thanks!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

MAJORS is probably exhausted, but he can post a pic of a bunch of us.

Otherwise, I'll bug Ninja_Spirit to send me the photo.

Napoli

I swung by on the second day and hung out with Majors for a little bit. The turbo games for sale was from Kill Screen Games in Asbury Park. I know the owner has a complete collection of Turbo hucards, not sure if he has moved onto collecting CD games yet. He is a really nice guy and I visit his store frequently. His prices also seem to be slightly on the high side unfortunately. I have tried negotiating with him when buying multiple high priced games but he isn't as receptive as some of the other dealers who were at the convention.

I will make an effort to try to visit this forum more frequently and I will definitely reach out to you guys next year. Great to see Majors representing the community.

esteban

Quote from: Napoli on 09/11/2017, 07:40 PMI swung by on the second day and hung out with Majors for a little bit. The turbo games for sale was from Kill Screen Games in Asbury Park. I know the owner has a complete collection of Turbo hucards, not sure if he has moved onto collecting CD games yet. He is a really nice guy and I visit his store frequently. His prices also seem to be slightly on the high side unfortunately. I have tried negotiating with him when buying multiple high priced games but he isn't as receptive as some of the other dealers who were at the convention.

I will make an effort to try to visit this forum more frequently and I will definitely reach out to you guys next year. Great to see Majors representing the community.
Damn! I missed you. I was playing MEGAZONE.

Next time....

turboswimbz

Yeah, the Kill Screen guy is clearly a collector, but overall they are always nice in the store.  They are less willing to negotiate, but they are reasonable on the lower end games as well as having decent prices on parts/repair machines. 

ASIDE
Asbury Park is worth visiting for any retro freaks out there BTW.  Besides Kill screen, the silverball muesuem is a pinball museum which is pretty great and has a few cabs.  they have a great selection of bars/restaurants on top of it. (and 3 micro breweries)

ASIDE ASIDE
If anyone else is interested in cool Retro/Current gaming on the shore,
Redbank and Jersey City have Yestercade.  A mash up of a bar with a little mini Con play area.  featuring a bunch of cabs and older to newer consoles to play. 

Linkys just in case you want em':
http://silverballmuseum.com/
http://www.yestercades.com/
https://www.facebook.com/killscree

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/11/2017, 09:08 PMASIDE ASIDE
If anyone else is interested in cool Retro/Current gaming on the shore,
Redbank and Jersey City have Yestercade.  A mash up of a bar with a little mini Con play area.  featuring a bunch of cabs and older to newer consoles to play. 

Linkys just in case you want em':
http://silverballmuseum.com/
http://www.yestercades.com/
https://www.facebook.com/killscree
Come cross the river to Barcade, three of them in NYC.

Napoli

We've got a Barcade in Jersey City and a brand new one in Newark. I am going to try visiting the one in Newark next week if anyone wants to meet up. I'm over in Colts Neck so PM me if any of you guys are ever in Red Bank or Asbury Park.

esteban

IMG 

(pcefxers attending AVGC, L to R: majors, ninja_spirit, johnpv, turboswimz, esteban)

NecroPhile

Is majors standing on a crate of jaguar carts or is he 8 feet tall?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

majors

Quote from: guest on 09/11/2017, 10:06 AMThat SCV looks pretty nice for an early console; does it have a RGB mod or something?
Native RGB(scart) output...it's kinda odd because the only other video out it RF.

(lost images)

and a quick walk through of the wedoca retro area: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PHLrBwhLIbG0F3Oq2
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/12/2017, 09:16 AMIs majors standing on a crate of jaguar carts or is he 8 feet tall?
I was wondering that, too. He's only a bit taller than me. NOT 5 FEET TALLER THAN ME.

SO....not sure what the hell was happening to the space-time-continuum at the moment the photo was snapped.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Napoli on 09/11/2017, 10:00 PMWe've got a Barcade in Jersey City and a brand new one in Newark. I am going to try visiting the one in Newark next week if anyone wants to meet up. I'm over in Colts Neck so PM me if any of you guys are ever in Red Bank or Asbury Park.
Yeah, I'm up that way pretty often, I'm only down by Toms River, I'll PM ya if I'm up that way.

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 09/12/2017, 09:16 AMIs majors standing on a crate of jaguar carts or is he 8 feet tall?
HA  he is standing on something, but Majors is a bit taller than everyone else. I also would like to give a shout out to majors not dropping the beer just for a photo.

HAHA

esteban

Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/12/2017, 07:37 PM
Quote from: Napoli on 09/11/2017, 10:00 PMWe've got a Barcade in Jersey City and a brand new one in Newark. I am going to try visiting the one in Newark next week if anyone wants to meet up. I'm over in Colts Neck so PM me if any of you guys are ever in Red Bank or Asbury Park.
Yeah, I'm up that way pretty often, I'm only down by Toms River, I'll PM ya if I'm up that way.
We are not doing anything unless you can make it.

Johnpv

I think he was standing on one of the chairs that was behind the display.

CrackTiger

Quote from: esteban on 09/12/2017, 12:23 AMIMG 

The money shot. =D>

Thanks for all the pics. :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

JoshTurboTrollX

Majors is over 8 feet tall!

..... In his dreams!

.... In his pants.....

....In inches....
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!