OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Ys and Green Day

Started by exodus, 09/11/2017, 03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exodus

This is incredibly stupid, but did you ever notice how similar the main refrain in this song from Ys is to the start of the chorus in Green Day's "When September Ends" song  ??
Did green day play Ys!? who cares :3

NecroPhile

I'm not hearing it.  Ys is awesome; green day whiney shit makes my ears weep.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

exodus

I'll link the specific parts, then!!
different key, but markedly similar! frankly most of it is pretty similar!

SignOfZeta

Super Robot Wars V has some robots in it that were never in anime and therefore needed theme songs and one of them is about the most crackin Ys battle music you've ever heard. Not a ripoff as far as I can tell, but absolutely Falcom Sound Team JDK inspired.
IMG

LostFlunky

I am sorry, I can't Green Day.

Don't want to make the association. Didn't read this thread.  Don't read this with a fake British accent.  Just stop.

turboswimbz

I'm sure if you look you can find this same refrains in many songs over time. kinda like Pachelbel's canon...because I find it humorous and you made me look it up again

speaking of Pachelbel's cannon and green day:
speaking of music being repetitive:
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

SignOfZeta

Yeah, I forgot to say...I noticed the similarity when that GD song was a hit. I imagine many songs have this same exact sequence of intervals, and many in the same key. It happens all the time.

I'm not sure GD would have had the skills to actually rip this song off properly. They are the right age/income to have been Ys players at the time so maybe this is close to a rip off as a bunch of guitar-brained mooks could pull off.
IMG

dallaspattern

Yeah, a bit for sure.

Dookie and Kerplunk ruled.