RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

TurboGrafx-16 Promo LaserDisc Find

Started by mario_pic, 09/17/2017, 01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mario_pic

ok guys, i had a friend of mine pass away, he use to be a repair tech center for TG-16 stuff. he left me a lot of promo  stuff i got a few laser disks  i just tested one on my laser active and it looks like a promo disk iv never seen yet online I'm going to upload the videos to youtube  any one ever come across promo laser discs

UPDATE HERE IS THE VIDEO I UPLOADED IT TO YOUTUBE  ENJOY GUYS :P
kiosk pop disc 2 uploaded  enjoy guys ^_^

exodus

Sorry to hear about your friend!
I hadn't heard about this, but I searched and found something - is this the one you have?

mario_pic

thanks  its not the same video lol  one i got is epic pure 80's kids showing off turbo grafx stuff it lists gsmes with an over view then shows the turbo express and the turbo cd dock system  its either a kiosk add or a video made for events  i remember telling me somthing about it being used at the CNE when thay had the system demoing

exodus

esteban

Quote from: mario_pic on 09/17/2017, 03:23 AMthanks  its not the same video lol  one i got is epic pure 80's kids showing off turbo grafx stuff it lists gsmes with an over view then shows the turbo express and the turbo cd dock system  its either a kiosk add or a video made for events  i remember telling me somthing about it being used at the CNE when thay had the system demoing
First, sorry to hear about your fallen comrade. :(

Second, yes, we are interested in the contents of this disc, even if you film it with your phone (if capturing  video is not an option).

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Sounds like it may contain either or both of these:
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NoSexGex

Very cool man!! Sorry about your friend though.

The TG16 kiosk I recently picked up was supposed to come with some promo stuff too, but the seller couldn't find the box (not the one on eBay for 4K USD).

Quote from: mario_pic on 09/17/2017, 01:33 AMleft me a lot of promo  stuff
Just the Laser discs?? or was there more promo stuff ?? 8)
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

mario_pic

Quote from: guest on 09/17/2017, 10:17 AMSounds like it may contain either or both of these:
non of thoes ads  u just listed been looking around the google and youtube still cant find one thats a match ill load it to my dvr and upload it im working on a pce pac for my laser active so ill find some time today or minfay to upload the video to youtube

CrackTiger

Someone once posted a picture of a promo laserdisc that had some unique stuff, but I think that some of the VHS videos followed.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

mario_pic

Quote from: guest on 09/17/2017, 02:17 PMVery cool man!! Sorry about your friend though.

The TG16 kiosk I recently picked up was supposed to come with some promo stuff too, but the seller couldn't find the box (not the one on eBay for 4K USD).

Quote from: mario_pic on 09/17/2017, 01:33 AMleft me a lot of promo  stuff
Just the Laser discs?? or was there more promo stuff ?? 8)
had a few tg16 mugs with the laser disk player and a few laser disks i only tested one but the other 6 need some cleaning

NoSexGex

Quote from: mario_pic on 09/17/2017, 03:08 PMhad a few tg16 mugs
Ahhhh the glorious TG16 mug, you and Esteban will have to have morning coffee together!

I've seen a few of those though, Bloody Wolf and Legendary Axe I think?? Out of curiosity which ones did you get?  Dibs on a China Warrior mug so I can break it in front of Arkhan
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

mario_pic

Quote from: guest on 09/17/2017, 07:05 PM
Quote from: mario_pic on 09/17/2017, 03:08 PMhad a few tg16 mugs
Ahhhh the glorious TG16 mug, you and Esteban will have to have morning coffee together!

I've seen a few of those though, Bloody Wolf and Legendary Axe I think?? Out of curiosity which ones did you get?  Dibs on a China Warrior mug so I can break it in front of Psycho Arkhan
Bloody Wolf and Legendary Axe mugs :)

syphic

QuoteSomeone once posted a picture of a promo laserdisc that had some unique stuff, but I think that some of the VHS videos followed.
I have this one, and like CrackTiger posted above, it contains the first video in his post.

TG-16POPLaserDiscHES-POP-0005.jpg
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

mario_pic

im loading the video now should have it on youtube soon the disk on mine reads nec canada turbo grafx 16 pop 1991

mario_pic

JUST UPLOADED VIDEO HERE IS LINK

Keith Courage

omg! the intro is so insanely early 90s. The tude is so over the top that one might think it's a parody of other promo videos.

mario_pic

Quote from: Keith Courage on 09/20/2017, 12:46 AMomg! the intro is so insanely early 90s. The tude is so over the top that one might think it's a parody of other promo videos.
i know right  theres pure meme fuel in this video lol

esteban

Quote from: mario_pic on 09/19/2017, 11:20 PMJUST UPLOADED VIDEO HERE IS LINK
I'll be singing "Next Generation...Next Generation NOW!" for the rest of the week. Thank you. Plus, some of the unique scenes in this promo have already inspired the next episode of LeDoodle.  I absolutely love this promotional video, thank you for uploading it.

Next Generation...Next Generation NOW!"

NOTE:  My mission in life is to incorporate compact discs, water bottles and HuCARDs into my choreography. I've always known this, somehow, but only experienced the epiphany a few moments ago. I don't need to comment further on the hip, authentic dancing youth—they obviously steal the show. One of my favorite moments is when Youth #4 snaps his wrist and spreads out three HuCARDs (like a fan), thereby obstructing his face and seductively enticing the viewer with his eyes alone. This moment is unparalleled in video game promotion. Next Generation, comrades. *Next Generation NOW*

turboswimbz

THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

SignOfZeta

Man, you've got some serious noise in your setup. Also, if you must use an LA for regular discs, pull the PAC for better video quality. I'm not able to notice much of an issue with that here but with the Sega PAC it makes a huge difference.

That being said, it's a cool find. Quality seems very good. I have no idea if it's unique to this disc, I suspect not. Someone here would know.
IMG

LostFlunky

That was a little much.  It was like a C&C Music Factory video with worse music, plumbers and no chicks ...

If that was representative of the effort they put into marketing, they deserved to fail.  If I had seen that in 1991, I wouldn't have liked it at all, in fact,  I am rethinking my allegiance to the TG16 these last 25+ years right now... :lol:

Why "Next Generation - Now!"?  The SNES and Genesis were both widely available and we were firmly entrenched in the 16 bit generation. It is almost like NEC hired a marketing firm to come up
with a promo based on a few key words and they (NEC) just accepted whatever was shit out...

NEC: 
(mumbling)
Next Generation...
Available now...
Video games...
Target audience...
Hip...

MarketingsRus
(writing and repeating...)
Next generation...
Now...
Plumber brothers...
Hot young men...
Hop... GOT IT!

(breaking into song)

You'll be swell! You'll be great!
Gonna have the whole world on the plate!
Starting here, starting now,
honey, everything's coming up roses!

Or did this marketing firm have a few packages on a menu?  Would you like the "Days of Thunder" package, the "Aerobics Champions" package or the "Dad! I'm Only Dancing!" package?

Thanks for posting the video - it was great to see, even though it was painful to watch.

NecroPhile

It's needs more animated Bonk and less hammerzeit; that shit is bad, but it was popular at the time.  I don't think the video is that bad, at least not once they got into showing games.

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 09/20/2017, 09:50 AMWhy "Next Generation - Now!"?  The SNES and Genesis were both widely available and we were firmly entrenched in the 16 bit generation.
The Genesis was but the SNES did not yet exist, and I'd wager that's what they were talking about: "don't wait for the SNES when you can have a Turbob and advanced CD sexiness today!"  The video mentions several titles as 'available fall 1991', so the LD had to have been made and released earlier in the year, and the SNES didn't come out until 8/23/91.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 09/20/2017, 10:24 AMIt's needs more animated Bonk and less hammerzeit; that shit is bad, but it was popular at the time.  I don't think the video is that bad, at least not once they got into showing games.

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 09/20/2017, 09:50 AMWhy "Next Generation - Now!"?  The SNES and Genesis were both widely available and we were firmly entrenched in the 16 bit generation.
The Genesis was but the SNES did not yet exist, and I'd wager that's what they were talking about: "don't wait for the SNES when you can have a Turbob and advanced CD sexiness today!"  The video mentions several titles as 'available fall 1991', so the LD had to have been made and released earlier in the year, and the SNES didn't come out until 8/23/91.
Doh - that is right - I was remembering SNES being available for Christmas, but it was the year after.. not 1990... ( I tend to remember dates by what apartment I was in at the time... I moved around a lot from 1987 to 1994 lol)

NoSexGex

Quote from: esteban on 09/20/2017, 07:08 AMI'll be singing "Next Generation...Next Generation NOW!" for the rest of the week. Thank you
Those vocals are just so over the top, I love it

Bardoly

esteban

HailingTheThings

That video is awesome! Thank you!

IMG
IMG

Gredler

What a find, glorious and thanks for SHARING!!

:D

We all won this raffle!

TR0N

Quote from: mario_pic on 09/17/2017, 01:33 AMUPDATE HERE IS THE VIDEO I UPLOADED IT TO YOUTUBE  ENJOY GUYS :P
Thanks for the upload on this promo it is so 90's  :roll: First time i've seen this one.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ParanoiaDragon

Good grief, I'm just not hip enough for the sexiness of those dance moves, I mean seriously, DA-YUM! :D
IMG

exodus

I love it!!!! So good! What a find!

Also did y'all notice they were using Fighting Street SFX during the Andre Panza section?

esteban

Quote from: exodus on 09/21/2017, 05:09 AMI love it!!!! So good! What a find!

Also did y'all notice they were using Fighting Street SFX during the Andre Panza section?
Andre Panza Fighting Street

Ha! I did not notice. I'll have to back and watch this, again.

FOR THE TWENTIETH TIME.

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/20/2017, 07:37 PMThat video is awesome! Thank you!
IMG
My daughter laughed out loud when she saw this Next Generation Move.

I'm so glad you made this, I'm sharing it with her.

As Paranoia_Dragon already stated: THIS PROMO IS THE SEXIEST TG-16 MARKETING in the cosmos.

Too sexy?

No, it can *never* be too sexy.

NOTE: One of the dancers is so goofy, though, he just doesn't belong (sorry, Dancer #2!)

He looks like he is wearing a costume (the clothes are alien to him), whilst the other dancers are comfortable in their hats/clothes. 

(Time to watch again.   Twenty-two...)

mario_pic

mario_pic

i got 6 more disks to test still thay need some buffing few scratchs ill post any new finds this week if i got any more new content

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 09/21/2017, 07:04 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/20/2017, 07:37 PMThat video is awesome! Thank you!
My daughter laughed out loud when she saw this Next Generation Move.

I'm so glad you made this, I'm sharing it with her.
That's awesome! lol

Quote from: mario_pic on 09/21/2017, 07:20 PMi got 6 more disks to test still thay need some buffing few scratchs ill post any new finds this week if i got any more new content
Ooooohhh
IMG

SuperPlay

Thanks for the upload of this :-)

RNSpeed

Awesome, something interesting about the TG16! Makes me remember C+C music Factory.

mario_pic

sorry for the delay life is getting in the way lol  been busy as hell with work just uploaded the new disk i found  here is the link

exodus

ah, so that 2nd one was the same as the one I linked earlier! still cool though - how many more of these things  do you have?

SignOfZeta

Assuming they didn't make the LDs from VHS tapes they already had, this should be higher quality than any tape based version of the same video by a significant amount. These aren't bad uploads by any measure but better LD gear combined with a decent capture stuff would yield the best copies of these videos than is ever going to exist (unless someone finds a master).
IMG

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/11/2017, 05:47 PMAssuming they didn't make the LDs from VHS tapes they already had, this should be higher quality than any tape based version of the same video by a significant amount. These aren't bad uploads by any measure but better LD gear combined with a decent capture stuff would yield the best copies of these videos than is ever going to exist (unless someone finds a master).
Absolutely.