The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

FS: Dragon Slayer US version

Started by Dicer, 09/21/2017, 09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dicer

$78 US dollarydoos shipped to anywhere in the CONUS

No map, otherwise CiC can provide pics if needed.
Disc is a little beat up but game boots and plays without issues.

Cheers.

Pics:
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

turboswimbz

Shoot is this is what this goes for now?  hmmm I can't keep up with these things anymore.

game is underrated IMO. Lots of fun to be had with it.  But it's nothing amazing either.   Nice pick up for whomever grabs it up though. 

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

CrackTiger

Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/22/2017, 09:38 AMShoot is this is what this goes for now?  hmmm I can't keep up with these things anymore.

game is underrated IMO. Lots of fun to be had with it.  But it's nothing amazing either.   Nice pick up for whomever grabs it up though. 

According to Wolfenstein 3D guy, it goes for $1200.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

bob

I wanted to love Dragon Slayer, but the lack of spell animations really irked me.  Made the turn-based battles even more boring.
For a game with CD Grafx, I expect more

CrackTiger

I love Dragon Slayer and the speed of the battles along with many of the hits are very satisfying. Optional animations and misc effects would be nice, but they didn't look great in most JRPGs that generation and quickly became a pain to sit through.

I also love the enemy designs, color and pixelart. Again, too many games have boring and unoriginal enemies. When you have a solid style, it doesn't matter if your game features lots of stereotypical creatures.

The optional custom leveling system is also really nice and would be considered revolutionary in a SNES game with a SYSTEM title.

I did not like DSII though.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 09/22/2017, 11:45 AMAccording to Wolfenstein 3D guy, it goes for $1200.
That's all sorta messed up

IMG
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

CrackTiger

He totally had several deals lined up on nintendoage, but buyers kept backing out at the last minute. So you still have a chance to scoop it up at an all time fairest market value.

seieienbu

I think I paid either $40 or $24 for this game on here about 4 years ago.  I think Dragon Slayer is pretty good but I think $100 is a bit steep for it.  Maybe I'm just out of touch with the market though.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Dicer

Quote from: seieienbu on 09/22/2017, 05:30 PMI think I paid either $40 or $24 for this game on here about 4 years ago.  I think Dragon Slayer is pretty good but I think $100 is a bit steep for it.  Maybe I'm just out of touch with the market though.
Fleabay has it avg'in for $125 so I dropped it a bit below that.

seieienbu

Quote from: Dicer on 09/22/2017, 05:32 PMFleabay has it avg'in for $125 so I dropped it a bit below that.
Sigh.  A sign of the times I guess.

Keith Courage

Yeah, $100 is a fair price for this game now. I've seen a few go around $125 on ebay in the past month.

Dicer

You guys always get a bit knocked off, can't say the same for anyone else lol.

turboswimbz

for the record I didn't think you were gauging, I just hadn't realized this game went so high in 3-4 years.

NoSexGex

Amazeball game!

Good luck on the sale, it's priced very fair IMO. like keef said, they're selling for more elsewhere
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Gypsy

Yeah the price is fine but sucks at the same time, if that makes sense.

in99flames

Yea I can vouch for Dicer on this. Its a good price to what it goes for now. Dicer is a good person to deal with as well.  I sold him something and he offered a reach-around as part of payment. I didnt even ask! Naturally i accepted.....hmm maybe i shouldnt have disclosed this.
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

Dicer

Quote from: in99flames on 09/24/2017, 01:00 PMYea I can vouch for Dicer on this. Its a good price to what it goes for now. Dicer is a good person to deal with as well.  I sold him something and he offered a reach-around as part of payment. I didnt even ask! Naturally i accepted.....hmm maybe i shouldnt have disclosed this.
That was supposed to be our dirty little secret...

in99flames

I broke the rules.....im ashamed... :-(
I am somebody's mommy!

Dicer

Quote from: in99flames on 09/24/2017, 01:20 PMI broke the rules.....im ashamed... :-(
I'll let it slide (slowly into you) this time...

NoSexGex

Quote from: Gypsy on 09/24/2017, 12:23 PMYeah the price is fine but sucks at the same time, if that makes sense.
Price is good comparative to what others are currently being sold for, but sucks because it's still $100 :D
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

tbone3969

Quote from: guest on 09/22/2017, 11:45 AM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/22/2017, 09:38 AMShoot is this is what this goes for now?  hmmm I can't keep up with these things anymore.

According to Wolfenstein 3D guy, it goes for $1200.
Wait a minute.  Hold up.  I had a brand new sealed mint copy.  I was never expecting to get $1,200.  And the key word is had.  I was trying to get between $400 - $500.  Had a few bites around that price but nothing stuck so I ended up selling it to a sealed collector for around $250.  That was a few years ago now at least.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

in99flames

Quote from: Dicer on 09/24/2017, 04:11 PM
Quote from: in99flames on 09/24/2017, 01:20 PMI broke the rules.....im ashamed... :-(
Thats very kind of you. Its all because you won that Mysterious Schlong, err Song, game in that raffle isn't it? ;-)
I am somebody's mommy!

Dicer

Quote from: in99flames on 09/26/2017, 01:19 AM
Quote from: Dicer on 09/24/2017, 04:11 PM
Thats very kind of you. Its all because you won that Mysterious Schlong, err Song, game in that raffle isn't it? ;-)
It's what started our deep dark road into depravity...

Dicer

CrackTiger

We regularly get people complaining about how it's so hard to find uncommon Turbo games, so many specific games, Turbo games outside of ebay and Turbo games at decent prices. But they often come up like this here and nobody show any interest.

turboswimbz

True BT.  I'd have bought more of your games, but I simply don't have that much money to spend on luxury items.  (which is a paining me based on your super fair deals)  I'd have also been all over this at 100, but I already have a copy which I play through every now and then.  (25 less than evil bay is pretty down right decent + the knowledge of a decent seller) 

ginoscope

Quote from: guest on 10/02/2017, 03:58 PMWe regularly get people complaining about how it's so hard to find uncommon Turbo games, so many specific games, Turbo games outside of ebay and Turbo games at decent prices. But they often come up like this here and nobody show any interest.
Wonder if it's because most members have most of the games already that they really want.  I don't own every turbo game I want but I have enough that I am not super tempted to buy them all the time.
 I already own Dragon Slayer and love it and agree the OP price is really fair.

CrackTiger

Quote from: ginoscope on 10/02/2017, 04:40 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 10/02/2017, 03:58 PMWe regularly get people complaining about how it's so hard to find uncommon Turbo games, so many specific games, Turbo games outside of ebay and Turbo games at decent prices. But they often come up like this here and nobody show any interest.
Wonder if it's because most members have most of the games already that they really want.  I don't own every turbo game I want but I have enough that I am not super tempted to buy them all the time.
 I already own Dragon Slayer and love it and agree the OP price is really fair. 
It would make more sense if sales threads that rotted for a while before finally selling didn't get a bunch of "I can't believe I missed this!" comments afterward.

LostFlunky

There was a dry spell where there wasn't a lot of publicly posted "deals" on PCEFX.  Maybe folks got tired of waiting...

CrackTiger

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 10/02/2017, 07:37 PMThere was a dry spell where there wasn't a lot of publicly posted "deals" on PCEFX.  Maybe folks got tired of waiting...
I think that a lot of lurkers who only come here looking for deals or omega rares check less frequently after dry spells.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/02/2017, 08:12 PM
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 10/02/2017, 07:37 PMThere was a dry spell where there wasn't a lot of publicly posted "deals" on PCEFX.  Maybe folks got tired of waiting...
I think that a lot of lurkers who only come here looking for deals or omega rares check less frequently after dry spells.
Yes
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

johnnykonami

I've seen lots of stuff here lately that I would be interested in, but cannot indulge due to a combination of life priorities and prices going up in general.  I think prices from long time members here are fair for the record, and honestly my only true idea of what these games are worth now.  It's definitely more of a life priorities thing though, I'm pretty house poor these days.  I still pick up a game or two now and then but I've gotta got want a game really bad to spend $200 bucks on it.  I'm just here for the company these days.

Dicer

At the end of the day I could simply stuff it up on eBay, BUT you guys have been good to me so I always give the forum folks first grab then if it doesn't go then I toss it to the general public.

I wouldn't be selling this stuff at all if things were working in my favor currently but I keep getting road(not cock thankfully)blocked.

So in essence, thanks guys...and BUY MY SHIT

:dance:

esteban

Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/03/2017, 12:10 PMI've seen lots of stuff here lately that I would be interested in, but cannot indulge due to a combination of life priorities and prices going up in general.  I think prices from long time members here are fair for the record, and honestly my only true idea of what these games are worth now.  It's definitely more of a life priorities thing though, I'm pretty house poor these days.  I still pick up a game or two now and then but I've gotta got want a game really bad to spend $200 bucks on it.  I'm just here for the company these days.
Same here.

I have actually spent more money on myself in the last few months than I have for the past 10-15 years (house poor).

I usually keep a strict budget, but I've cheated for 3 months.

Dicer

in99flames

Quote from: esteban on 10/03/2017, 04:30 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/03/2017, 12:10 PMI've seen lots of stuff here lately that I would be interested in, but cannot indulge due to a combination of life priorities and prices going up in general.  I think prices from long time members here are fair for the record, and honestly my only true idea of what these games are worth now.  It's definitely more of a life priorities thing though, I'm pretty house poor these days.  I still pick up a game or two now and then but I've gotta got want a game really bad to spend $200 bucks on it.  I'm just here for the company these days.
Same here.

I have actually spent more money on myself in the last few months than I have for the past 10-15 years (house poor).

Ive been bad too....just ask Black Tiger lol.
I am somebody's mommy!

esteban

Quote from: in99flames on 10/11/2017, 12:41 AM
Quote from: esteban on 10/03/2017, 04:30 PM
Same here.

Ive been bad too....just ask Black Tiger lol.
Ha! I have drooled over everything CrackTiger puts up for sale.

GODDAMN!

in99flames

Well....my second mortgage is all due to him haha
I am somebody's mommy!

seieienbu

...is the "I gave CrackTiger all of my money" support group...?

in99flames

It can be....and it is giving dicer some bumps :-)
I am somebody's mommy!

CrackTiger

It's looking like I'm going to have to part with a few more games that I wasn't planning to. I'm going to start moving everything to eBay after I get home on Monday.

At least some games made it to good homes.

NecroPhile

Quote from: CrackTiger on 10/12/2017, 01:52 PMIt's looking like I'm going to have to part with a few more games that I wasn't planning to. I'm going to start moving everything to eBay after I get home on Monday.

At least some games made it to good homes.
I see Tonma's gone, but I'm still interested in the Ghost Manor.

.... I shoulda sent a PM.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Dicer

One final "for realz this time" price drop before I slap it on eBay.

NecroPhile

It's sweet Falcom, in English, and at a dang good price from a good member, so how is this thing still here a month later?!?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MNKyDeth

Agreed Necro... This is imo a must own game if you are into RPGs on this system. Especially since it's actually in English.

It's a solid but standard old school romp with a pretty good story. Oh and the voice acting is pretty funny and/or good too depending how you take it.

Gypsy

If I were looking for this game I'd be all over it. Hope someone here gets it...

seieienbu

This is a very good price.  Somebody should pick this thing up...

in99flames

Yes somebody get this. Great price
I am somebody's mommy!

Dicer

Last call before it get's stowed away with all my other OBEY...

JoshTurboTrollX

That's a nice deal!  Hope it goes to a good home.  :)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!