There's a new mini around the corner...

Started by Digi.k, 09/29/2017, 08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digi.k

https://thec64.com/

It's 1982 and a new home computer graces the scene. Out goes the silent black and white experience and in with 64KB of RAM, colour graphics, and synthesizer sound.
Roll forward 35 years and kick nostalgia into overdrive with the release of THEC64 MINI. A tiny but perfectly formed 50% scale replica of this much loved machine.
Featuring high-definition output via HDMI, a classic style joystick and 64 built-in games including classics like Uridium, Paradroid, Hawkeye, Nebulus and Monty Mole.

IMG

• Accurate C64 operation
  • Pixel filter options (sharp, CRT, scanline emulation) and Pixel perfect graphics
  • Save game function
  • 2 USB ports: plug in a USB keyboard and use as a fully functional home computer, or add a second joystick for 2-player games

IMG

IMG

SignOfZeta

"Accurate representation" + "has no keyboard" = lies.
IMG

Bloufo

I need me some Turrican. It ain't here.

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

esteban

I love all these little replica thingies...

But, I haven't purchased any yet.

I still would like

NES
SNES
C64

and... if I am very lucky...

I would love a MINI GBA SP...

FUCK YES I WANT MY mini gba sp NOW.

Pack-ins include Luigi-branded mustache tweezers (to assist operating device) and a bottle of oxycodone prescribed to Ms. Princess Peach.

It will happen...

...one day.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bloufo

Quote from: esteban on 09/30/2017, 07:33 AMand... if I am very lucky...

It's kinda called the Game Boy Micro, no? :P

esteban

Quote from: Bloufo on 09/30/2017, 07:45 AM
Quote from: esteban on 09/30/2017, 07:33 AMand... if I am very lucky...

It's kinda called the Game Boy Micro, no? :P
The MiniMicro would be absurdly too small, whilst MiniSP would simply be ridiculously too small.

I don't want to be absurd. WHAT KIND OF HEATHEN do you take me for?

:)

I take this distinction very seriously. I have my standards, after all.

;)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

LostFlunky

That's not the C64 joystick I remember.

Arkhan Asylum

So, it's like the other C64 mini DTV thing, or the other Commodore relaunch ?   lol.

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 09/30/2017, 09:07 AMThat's not the C64 joystick I remember.
That joystick existed, and it sucked.   Almost every C64 joystick sucked.

Tac2 or Wico Ball or GTFO.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

CrackTiger

This is the only kind of mini system I'm potentially interested in. If the price is right, I'd buy similar user friendly emulated MSX and X69k boxes. But it still needs to be able to play all game images/files or have a hack that does.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: CrackTiger on 09/30/2017, 01:32 PMThis is the only kind of mini system I'm potentially interested in. If the price is right, I'd buy similar user friendly emulated MSX and X69k boxes. But it still needs to be able to play all game images/files or have a hack that does.
They had a full fledged MSX thing called a OneChip that does all that basically

its just $*(430593405634056fFUCKINGEXPENSIVE$$$$$$$$$$.$$
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

Meh it's lacking the last ninja,still interesting piece of kit.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

LostFlunky

After thinking about it, I will probably buy one of these... I really only ever used these at school. I bought one in the early 90's and (along with the Atari 800, XE and Amiga) didn't like the bulkiness and set up requirements... 

No indication if you will be able to save programs to USB stick - it says 'save game function', but I would assume this means high scores and shit. - "Accurate C64 operation" - wouldn't this mean you could type in a program and save it to disk?

SignOfZeta

"Accurate opperation" to me would require a keyboard in some way. If you can't print your name scrolling across the screen then what good is it? Its not just a game machine, its better at being a educational tool for BASIC really.
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: guest on 09/30/2017, 01:40 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/30/2017, 01:32 PMThis is the only kind of mini system I'm potentially interested in. If the price is right, I'd buy similar user friendly emulated MSX and X69k boxes. But it still needs to be able to play all game images/files or have a hack that does.

I heard that thing sucked.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/02/2017, 10:29 AM"Accurate opperation" to me would require a keyboard in some way. If you can't print your name scrolling across the screen then what good is it? Its not just a game machine, its better at being a educational tool for BASIC really.
It'd be neat if the keys actually worked, I guess, but at that size it wouldn't really be use usable.  You can plug in a USB keyboard; isn't that good enough?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

I dunno, I think having a working keyboard would be better.  I mean most of my memories with the C64 were using it as a computer with keyboard.  If I wanted a box with a modern PC keyboard I'd probably just emulate.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/02/2017, 10:29 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/30/2017, 01:40 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 09/30/2017, 01:32 PMThis is the only kind of mini system I'm potentially interested in. If the price is right, I'd buy similar user friendly emulated MSX and X69k boxes. But it still needs to be able to play all game images/files or have a hack that does.

I heard that thing sucked.
its neat, but not for the price, and for the mishandling of things by European people.

For what it costs you could just get a real MSX and have leftover cash.

CrackTiger

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/02/2017, 10:29 AM"Accurate opperation" to me would require a keyboard in some way. If you can't print your name scrolling across the screen then what good is it? Its not just a game machine, its better at being a educational tool for BASIC really.
Opening post says you can use a usb keyboard.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: CrackTiger on 10/02/2017, 12:44 PM
Opening post says you can use a usb keyboard.
Hope it has a Commodore key, and Run/Stop, and has the right labelings since C64 puts stuff in weird places.

" is above the 2.

SignOfZeta

I confess, I didn't read the whole article so I didn't see the keyboard option.

It's...good that they did that but the standard 108 is not the same as a C64 and I don't have all those crazy character symbols memorized anymore!
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

the C64 keyboard fucking sucked.   both layout, and feel.

the cursor keys were a special kind of stupid.

ToyMachine78

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 10/02/2017, 06:12 PMNo goldbox games!? What a farce.
yeah and where's LEGACY OF THE ANCIENTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

johnnykonami

I'd be down for a C64 FPGA or something like this, Impossible Mission (and it's lesser sequel as a bonus) makes it worth it along with Temple of Apshai and plenty of other decent stuff.  I'd be all an MSX and Sharp 68K one, especially as a Konami fan.  Space Manbow needs a legit release somewhere in the USA!

LostFlunky

Read today that this is coming from a group that had an indie-gogo campaign for a full sized C64 and missed their December 2016 delivery date... rather than fulfill their prior commitment they appear to have moved on to something new...

BigusSchmuck

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 10/03/2017, 10:19 PMRead today that this is coming from a group that had an indie-gogo campaign for a full sized C64 and missed their December 2016 delivery date... rather than fulfill their prior commitment they appear to have moved on to something new...
hell yeah.  that's reassuring.