10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Spook-tober

Started by Medic_wheat, 10/06/2017, 10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

It's that time of year.  This October I plan to round out some gals in my horror movie library. Which to be honest is 90% devoted of horror.

Blu-ray wish list for this year

-night if the creeps (heard a new Blu-ray came out but forget the name of the company. They did the new release of the 80s animated transformer movie last year)

-gremlins 1

-goonies (pirates it's basically Halloween)

-werewolf in London/Paris

-the son of the blob (the 80s color movie)

-and lastly something recommended by you all.

I could make a Halloween movie list for ages but I feel if I trim it down to just a few each year I'll actually buy the dang movie and watch/re-watch it for the current Halloween.

Looking for what ever passes for the cleanest transfer with best version of movie.

bob

Dr. Butcher MD

I don't do a ton of horror movies.  I just dont have the time.
Halloween is my favorite time of the year, though.  Nothing beats a New England autumn.
I built an 8' scarecrow last year that I need to take out soon.  Lately, I've been buying picture frames at thrift stores and printing off old fashioned halloween photos for them.

LostFlunky

Lair of the White Worm

Suspiria

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 10/07/2017, 09:13 AMLair of the White Worm

Suspiria
Suspiria is on my re-watch list too
--DragonmasterDan

ToyMachine78

I'll be playing trough my usual horror themed games.

I also subscribed to the Full Moon streaming service for this month to catch up on some old favorites.

esteban

I have tons of stuff I hope to watch, I'll end up watching 2-3.

I am definitely seeing Night of the Living by Dead RIFFTRAX at local theatre a t the end of the month.

My 13 year old daughter has never seen any zombie films, so this is a great intro (the humor is what convinced her, since she love RiffTrax of Dr. Who 5 Doctors).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 10/07/2017, 09:13 AMLair of the White Worm

Suspiria
F**k you, that was gonna be my suggestion. lol Good taste, though, mister.

Ummmm..... may I suggest.......

IMG
IMG

SuperDeadite

The bluray of The Mist includes the black and white version (the director never wanted it to be in color).
Black and white makes the crappy monster cg look a lot better then in color.  Really powerful movie.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

blueraven

GOONIES NEVER SAY DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also Cannon Beach is the shit. Its scary all year round.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: blueraven on 10/07/2017, 06:29 PMGOONIES NEVER SAY DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE
They do in the German dub
--DragonmasterDan

bartre

I have an anti-recommendation.

Cult of Chucky.
I was so disappointed in this one, Curse was really an enjoyable watch.
But Cult was just not fun to watch as a Chucky movie, a horror movie, or as a general suspense movie (which is what it was really trying to be)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 10/07/2017, 10:20 AMI'll be playing trough my usual horror themed games.

I also subscribed to the Full Moon streaming service for this month to catch up on some old favorites.
I am unfamiliar with this. Sounds explanatory enough. Some sort of full moon (the film company behind puppet master?) app or sub that lets you watch their back log of films?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 10/07/2017, 04:58 PMThe bluray of The Mist includes the black and white version (the director never wanted it to be in color).
Black and white makes the crappy monster cg look a lot better then in color.  Really powerful movie.
m

I use to own the dvd which also had a copy of it in black and white. I remember enjoying it in black and white more then color. Despite having seen it in color in the theaters.

I also remember spending most of my jr year in college on the internet in the schools computer labs (back when internet was not so common) and just poor over he screen stills for the movie and think how I couldn't wait to see it when released.

I wasn't disappointed.

TR0N

Funny enough there's is a friday the 13th this month  :shock: Been thinking maybe a marathon  :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

gheebee

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/06/2017, 10:41 PM-night if the creeps (heard a new Blu-ray came out but forget the name of the company. They did the new release of the 80s animated transformer movie last year)
Maybe you're thinking of Slither? Shout Factory put out that Transformers movie and recently they released Slither on BD but I don't know of any new releases of Night of the Creeps since the Australian one last year. When I saw Night of the Creeps on your list I was going to recommend Slither anyway, they'd make a great double feature.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/07/2017, 11:13 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/07/2017, 10:20 AMI'll be playing trough my usual horror themed games.

I am unfamiliar with this. Sounds explanatory enough. Some sort of full moon (the film company behind puppet master?) app or sub that lets you watch their back log of films?
Yeah, pretty much gives you access to everything Charles Band has ever done. If you're a fan you should check it out:

http://fullmoonstreaming.com/

I wish Troma Now was available on Amazon. My horror dreams would be fulfilled.