10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

"Nantettatte Engine" High Scores

Started by blueraven, 10/30/2017, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazydean

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/07/2017, 09:04 PMNah, no list.

You can grab the tune itself from Aetherbyte's bandcamp thing I made.

There's a link in the OP.

The enemies are:

Megadrive/SMS
SNES/Famicom
Game and Watch
Amiga Ball
Virtual Boy

That's all, plus your PCE ShuttleSHIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Thanks for that. I swear there are more, lol.

Opethian

so who can ninja edit the first post? :D
IMG

NecroPhile

I think I got all the ones that posted scores.

I'm gonna work on a legit score this weekend (my best so far is just under 100k), but for now you can have a lulzery cheatin' score:

IMG
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

Whoops, haha! Thanks for the ninjaedit, necro!

:mrgreen:

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Phase

IMG

Was trying to break 2 but then feka took over..will have to try again soon.

turboswimbz

Finally loaded this onto the TED yesterday.

Only got 80,315 .. gonna give it another couple of gos.  apparently i suck at astro-smash games.

Loved it though it's an easy mix it up game, plays fast and I love blowing up the Nintendont's and Fekas.

Just broke 100K will throw up a photos of my High Low Score
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

NecroPhile

roflmao

Boom:

/w1246-h930-no

J/K! I posted that to how how easy it would be to Photoshop when Medina posted his 1million+ score. He said he'd post a video after the contest was over showing how it's done, but he never did.

This is my actual high score:

/w1181-h881-no

NecroPhile

As my first pic showed, it can be done without photoshop.  That's real hardware and well over double his score.

If I wanted to put more time into it, I presume it's possible to max out the score.  I didn't run out of lives (that's actually 201 remaining but it doesn't display correctly above 199), I ran out of will to keep going for an even higher cheat score.

roflmao

Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/10/2018, 04:42 PMAs my first pic showed, it can be done without photoshop.  That's real hardware and well over double his score.

If I wanted to put more time into it, I presume it's possible to max out the score.  I didn't run out of lives (that's actually 201 remaining but it doesn't display correctly above 199), I ran out of will to keep going for an even higher cheat score.
Oh, man. I missed that pic. Ha! I bet that's what he did to score so high. We'll probably never know, though. ;)

Arkhan Asylum

So how do you cheat the score anyways?  Slowmo?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 02/10/2018, 01:48 AMSo how do you cheat the score anyways?  Slowmo?
Yep..... it's almost like we discussed this in chat weeks ago.  :P

Where's the rest of you fuckers' scores?  Can't you handle my 673k?!?  :mrgreen:

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 02/12/2018, 10:41 AMYep..... it's almost like we discussed this in chat weeks ago.  :P
I couldn't remember if that actually happened, or if I daydreamed that honestly lol.

I thought it was a post, not a chatroomie.

IF ONLY WE HAD SHOUTBOX SO I COULD REMEMBER BETTER

blueraven

Damn. the thread's 4REALZ now.

I'm going to have to do up a proper banner for it this weekend.