@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

WTB: PC Engine Duo-R Power Switch

Started by LowRes, 11/02/2017, 04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowRes

Hey guys, I lost my power switch while the system was laying around open for a long time during a repair.  If anybody has an extra one laying around please let me know.  I'd be happy to pay for the switch and somebody's time for mailing it to me.
Started a US TurboGrafx-16 Collection in 2017! ... Then I moved on to PC Engine

LowRes

I'm pretty desperate lol If I have to buy a complete non working system just for the power switch I will!

Hope somebody can help

ClodBusted

I don't have one. But out of curiosity: Are you looking for the electrical switch itself, or the plastic button cover?

LowRes

Quote from: guest on 11/04/2017, 11:09 AMI don't have one. But out of curiosity: Are you looking for the electrical switch itself, or the plastic button cover?
luckily just the plastic button cover.  So I can still use the system but for cosmetic reasons I'd like to track down this part.

ClodBusted

I'd suggest sending Keith Courage a PM, he helped me back then when I wanted to buy PC Engine Duo Power switch and CD drive plastic button covers.

xcrement5x

Also maybe it's possible to 3D print one?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

LowRes

Quote from: guest on 11/06/2017, 03:48 PMAlso maybe it's possible to 3D print one?
I would have no idea how to do that :( and I imagine you would need one in order to 3D print one?

xcrement5x

Quote from: LowRes on 11/08/2017, 12:18 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/06/2017, 03:48 PMAlso maybe it's possible to 3D print one?
I would have no idea how to do that :( and I imagine you would need one in order to 3D print one?
Yeah, you'd need someone with an original to make a model of it based on the original.  I just realized you are talking about an R, and I have an RX so I'd guess it would be the same.  If I remember right the switch is a pretty simple piece of plastic.

I have personally done only a little bit of 3D modeling but I know a couple people that do 3D model designs, so it might be easier for them.  Next time I see them I could ask if they'd be willing to help if I pulled out my original switch.  It would still cost you a bit for the filament and time to get it printed but it could work if you're willing to overlook the fact that it's not "original".
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Check with jelloslug.  He's done lots of nice 3D printed parts, and while I don't remember him specifically having done power switches, you might get lucky.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

LowRes

Quote from: guest on 11/08/2017, 04:02 PM
Quote from: LowRes on 11/08/2017, 12:18 PM
Yeah, you'd need someone with an original to make a model of it based on the original.  I just realized you are talking about an R, and I have an RX so I'd guess it would be the same.  If I remember right the switch is a pretty simple piece of plastic.

I have personally done only a little bit of 3D modeling but I know a couple people that do 3D model designs, so it might be easier for them.  Next time I see them I could ask if they'd be willing to help if I pulled out my original switch.  It would still cost you a bit for the filament and time to get it printed but it could work if you're willing to overlook the fact that it's not "original".
If that's not too much trouble for you, it would be greatly appreciated.  I don't mind paying whatever the cost as long as it's not more than buying a non working duo R just for the power switch lol

The other problem with me buying another non working duo R is I wouldn't be able to help myself and would end up fixing that one too, then still be short a power switch :)

LowRes

Quote from: guest on 11/08/2017, 04:58 PMCheck with jelloslug.  He's done lots of nice 3D printed parts, and while I don't remember him specifically having done power switches, you might get lucky.
I sent him a PM.  Thanks for the suggestion!

It turns out he can make it for me if we can borrow the switch from somebody.  So I guess I'm now asking if we can borrow somebody's Duo R switch!

If anybody can help please PM me or Jelloslug

xcrement5x

Quote from: LowRes on 11/08/2017, 06:02 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/08/2017, 04:58 PMCheck with jelloslug.  He's done lots of nice 3D printed parts, and while I don't remember him specifically having done power switches, you might get lucky.
I sent him a PM.  Thanks for the suggestion!

It turns out he can make it for me if we can borrow the switch from somebody.  So I guess I'm now asking if we can borrow somebody's Duo R switch!

If anybody can help please PM me or Jelloslug
I talked to my friend about it and they said they would be willing to try and make a duplicate for me.  I need to open up my system and pull it out so they can use it make a new one.

NecroPhile

Is it the same as an RX switch?  If so, I can offer mine for borrowing for modeling.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!