@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Please rank these items

Started by xcrement5x, 11/08/2017, 12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this thread have had a poll?

Yes
3 (18.8%)
No
1 (6.3%)
Impossamole
12 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 16

xcrement5x

We still have a shitload of candy in my house since Halloween finished and I have been eating more of it than I should.  In that vein however:

Which is the best, and which is the worst, and which is like "ehhh, I'll eat it but it's not that great".

Snickers, Milky Way, and 3 Musketeers. 

My order would be:

Snickers > 3 Musketeers > Milk Way

Personally I think Almond Joy/Mounds is the tops but that is another discussion.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

I'd rank those three Snickers > Milky Way > 3 Musketeers.  I like 'em all, though, and wouldn't say any of the three isn't tasty.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gredler

I'd go Milky Way > Snickers > 3 Musketeers

Sarumaru

I'd say 3 Muskateers> Milky Way> Snickers cuz I don't like nuts,... ironically.

LostFlunky

Milky Way / 3 Musketeers / Snickers.

Snickers has a weird Play-Doh taste about it that I have grown to not like...

spenoza

Quote from: Ѕarumaru on 11/08/2017, 12:37 PMI'd say 3 Muskateers> Milky Way> Snickers cuz I don't like nuts,... ironically.
So Mounds over Almond Joy, then.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Ѕarumaru on 11/08/2017, 12:37 PMI'd say 3 Muskateers> Milky Way> Snickers cuz I don't like nuts,... ironically.
I'm like this too.   

MilkyWays are good but I'm usually not in the mood to deal with the caramel cumshot bukkake that transpires when I eat them.

Same thing with Carmellos.   shit gets everywhere.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

johnnykonami

1. Milky Way
2. Snickers
3. 3 Musketeers (I like nougat but it needs something else)
998. Mounds
999. Almond Joy

Some kid asked if I had any Almond Joys on Halloween, I was surprised to hear that request from a kid.  Like black licorice, coconut seemed like a candy only adults enjoyed.

LostFlunky

Quote from: johnnykonami on 11/08/2017, 02:16 PM1. Milky Way
2. Snickers
3. 3 Musketeers (I like nougat but it needs something else)
998. Mounds
999. Almond Joy

Some kid asked if I had any Almond Joys on Halloween, I was surprised to hear that request from a kid.  Like black licorice, coconut seemed like a candy only adults enjoyed.
Coconut = Joy

I just discovered Sno-Balls for the first time this past weekend... I've had 4 since...

johnnykonami

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 11/08/2017, 02:26 PMCoconut = Joy

I just discovered Sno-Balls for the first time this past weekend... I've had 4 since...
My mother in law loves those too.  To each their own!  I feel like if someone just shredded some pink paper and covered the marshmallow in that the same way, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.  I'm more in the twinkie camp, though it's been a while since I've had one of those...

seieienbu

Snickers > Milky Way > 3 Musketeers.

I haven't had a Sno-Ball in 30 years or so.  I think I'll look for one of those 2-packs next time I'm at the grocery store.  Oh, and those chocolate cupcakes too!

Thanks, Fighting Street!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

TDIRunner

3 Musketeers > Snickers > Milky Way

I prefer the simplicity of the 3 Musketeers, but if you are going to add anything to it, you might as well go all out with the Snickers.   That's why I rank Milky Way last, although there is nothing wrong with any of the three. 

Also, 3 Musketeers is my favorite candy that doesn't involve chocolate and peanut butter together.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

xcrement5x

Personally I love chocolate and coconut, the best thing ever was when I got coconut M&Ms when I was in Hawaii, and I have seen some with dark chocolate as well and they were even better. 

I haven't had a Sno-Ball in forever either, I'm not as big a fan of those compared to something like Mounds.  But Germans Chocolate cake is another winner for me.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 11/08/2017, 03:13 PMPersonally I love chocolate and coconut, the best thing ever was when I got coconut M&Ms when I was in Hawaii, and I have seen some with dark chocolate as well and they were even better. 

I haven't had a Sno-Ball in forever either, I'm not as big a fan of those compared to something like Mounds.  But Germans Chocolate cake is another winner for me.
I can understand people being put off by the Sno-Ball - the texture is a little too similar to biting into a skin covered body part...

But if you like chocolate and coconut - you have to try these:

CoconutPatties.webp

The chocolatey coating is not the best but the coconut is really good...

ToyMachine78

I think your original order is perfect

Snickers>milky way>3 musketeers

What's even better?

Peanut butter snickers>Whatchamacallit>mars

Arkhan Asylum

ZAGNUTS IN THE HOUSE MOTHER FUCKERS.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Medic_wheat

They all kind of taste similar to me.

Milky Way

Snickers

3 Musketeer

More to break up the similar rafting Mikey way and musketeer.

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 11/08/2017, 12:15 PMI'd rank those three Snickers > Milky Way > 3 Musketeers.  I like 'em all, though, and wouldn't say any of the three isn't tasty.
+1

OT: Why does Sarumaru have 27 posts? Did I miss something?

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: crazydean on 11/08/2017, 08:09 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/08/2017, 12:15 PMI'd rank those three Snickers > Milky Way > 3 Musketeers.  I like 'em all, though, and wouldn't say any of the three isn't tasty.
+1

OT: Why does Sarumaru have 27 posts? Did I miss something?
yeah you missed the first 26.

turboswimbz

Saru only posts for the important things

Like Candy Bars
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

ClodBusted

Regarding the three bars, I'd choose Snickers and give the rest to poor people. Or pigeons.

WHERE'S THE FUCKING POLL?? This thread should have one.

Still, Mr. Tom > Snickers.

NecroPhile

Quote from: crazydean on 11/08/2017, 08:09 PMOT: Why does Sarumaru have 27 posts? Did I miss something?
Saru resurrected his old, barely used account.

xcrement5x

Quote from: guest on 11/09/2017, 03:15 AMRegarding the three bars, I'd choose Snickers and give the rest to poor people. Or pigeons.

WHERE'S THE FUCKING POLL?? This thread should have one.

Still, Mr. Tom > Snickers.
I was asking for a ranking, so I feel like a poll isn't what was needed.  I added one for you though.

NecroPhile

Impossamole!

Anyone like Twin Bings?  I dig 'em (Cherry Mash is good too) and they're semi-local to Omahole.

ClodBusted

Quote from: guest on 11/09/2017, 12:16 PMI was asking for a ranking, so I feel like a poll isn't what was needed.  I added one for you though.
Fuck yeah.
U-R-Awesome.webp

By the way, for those who don't know, this is Mr. Tom:

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 11/09/2017, 09:35 AMSaru resurrected his old, barely used account.
Thanks for a real answer.

I have eaten a couple of Cherry Mash. They are sometimes found in World Market. They're pretty good, and I'll pick one up if I see it. The Twin Bing looks like more of the same. If I ever see it, I'll grab one.

Sparky

3 musketeer I loved when I was a kid!! I don't think they have it here in Canada anymore, you Americans have a lot of different treats then us Canucks do.

So 3M - Milky- snicks

turboswimbz

Quote from: Sparky on 11/10/2017, 07:26 AM3 musketeer I loved when I was a kid!! I don't think they have it here in Canada anymore, you Americans have a lot of different treats then us Canucks do.

So 3M - Milky- snicks
WE gotta send you some up!  Smuggle operation and GO!
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

xcrement5x

Quote from: Sparky on 11/10/2017, 07:26 AM3 musketeer I loved when I was a kid!! I don't think they have it here in Canada anymore, you Americans have a lot of different treats then us Canucks do.

So 3M - Milky- snicks
But Canada does have poutine, which is not very common here.

LostFlunky

Quote from: xcrement5x on 11/10/2017, 11:57 AM

So 3M - Milky- snicks
But Canada does have poutine, which is not very common here.
I'll see how much it would cost to ship in a bubble mailer...

NecroPhile

They get kinder eggs as well.  We're too dumb for those.

seieienbu

I've seen similar items to kinder eggs recently in grocery stores.  When I was younger I recall hearing that they were considered illegal here due to a potential of small children swallowing their plastic contents.  I think it's weird that similar items are sold in stores now while they weren't then.

Aren't people more "Won't somebody think of the children!?" now than they were in the 70s?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

turboswimbz

Quote from: seieienbu on 11/10/2017, 01:21 PMI've seen similar items to kinder eggs recently in grocery stores.  When I was younger I recall hearing that they were considered illegal here due to a potential of small children swallowing their plastic contents.  I think it's weird that similar items are sold in stores now while they weren't then.

Aren't people more "Won't somebody think of the children!?" now than they were in the 70s?
There are illegal knock offs floating around, but I know the new "US" version of kinder Joy are suppose to launch sometime soon.  (See necro's post after this one about kinder joy)

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/22/news/kinder-eggs-us/index.html

NecroPhile

The traditional kind is still illegal.  The FDA prohibits candy from containing any non-nutritive items unless they're functional (like a sucker stick), so the 'coming soon' version has the toy packaged separately.

But lots of things are sold illegally.  It's only illegal if you get caught!

crazydean

There's a good video about kinder eggs and why they're illegal on YouTube. The channel is "Today I Found Out"

xcrement5x

Yeah, I've gotten a knock off kinder egg type thing for my 4 year old before, just was with her when she opened it and was like "you can't eat that part".  She is doing fine. 

The harder thing is when you have an older kid with toys that have smaller parts and the baby wants to look at it, so you gotta separate all the small bits away until they get older. 

Sparky

I thought they lifted the kinder egg ban to you folks, I thought I read it somewhere? Well if that's  the case looks like my next raffle will be a 4some of kinder eggs :).
Kinder even themes there eggs, I think it is ninja turtles right now. I will look tomorrow :). Also I will double check on 3 musketeer as I would pay for some of those bars to come over here if they have been discontinued the candy trade has begun!!

jtucci31

I've never even had one but fuck 3 Musketeers!

Sparky

Quote from: jtucci31 on 11/11/2017, 10:40 PMI've never even had one but fuck 3 Musketeers!
Hahaha..
Well I picked up some Kinder eggs for you fuckers. Raffle coming soon.
IMG

LostFlunky

Be careful with that - sending Kinders to the USA....

I don't know if anything more than them being destroyed will happen, but there are some pretty horrific stories of people being caught with them at the border...

ClodBusted

I spare you the witty remarks about gun ownership laws and kinder eggs being forbidden.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 11/13/2017, 10:45 AMBe careful with that - sending Kinders to the USA....

I don't know if anything more than them being destroyed will happen, but there are some pretty horrific stories of people being caught with them at the border...
I think for a single box of eggs these are most likely:  I doubt they are going to fine for 1 or 2 eggs.  but i guess it could happen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/snackexchange/comments/10y3tk/for_those_if_you_who_are_concerned_about_sending/

Sparky

I have sent them before with no issues. I classified them as just chocolate if I remember correctly on the claims form. Maybe I will add in some other chocolate to throw them off my trail :P

xcrement5x

That reddit thread is interesting.  They say to put it in another fake box to trick customs, lol.  I wonder if they are small enough to fit in a VHS case?

ClodBusted

Crushed, yes. Intact, no way.

Sparky

I got 3 packs across the border to a buddy. So it begins! Raffle soon

esteban

Quote from: Sparky on 12/27/2017, 08:29 AMI got 3 packs across the border to a buddy. So it begins! Raffle soon
THE KINDERMAS KATASTROPHE BEGINS!

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG