10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Net Neutrality

Started by BigusSchmuck, 11/23/2017, 12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seieienbu

If all the water companies have to have government intervention, then that doesn't leave any room for competition.  We could have Coke deliver us beverages right now but we can't because the GOVERNMENT is overly regulating and crushing the small time water deliveryman entrepreneur.
[/sarcasm]
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

turboswimbz

Quote from: seieienbu on 01/03/2018, 02:15 PMIf all the water companies have to have government intervention, then that doesn't leave any room for competition.  We could have Coke deliver us beverages right now but we can't because the GOVERNMENT is overly regulating and crushing the small time water deliveryman entrepreneur.
I have generally agreed with a lot of what you have said or understood it but, I'm not sure what point you are trying to make? ... Coke is a very large corporation.  and What water company are you talking about? Water Utilities are also much different than a water deliveryman.  Sorry I am sure I am missing something . . .
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

seieienbu

Oh, I'm being dumb and sarcastic.  Yeah, that doesn't show up well over the internet.  I think public utilities are great and I drink water out of a tap.  I don't think that competition would make me enjoy water more or feel that I'm getting a better deal.

My big point is against the hypocrisy of claiming that competition favors the little guy.  Coca Cola could afford to compete, sure, but a little guy probably can't.

turboswimbz

Quote from: seieienbu on 01/03/2018, 04:50 PMOh, I'm being dumb and sarcastic.  Yeah, that doesn't show up well over the internet.  I think public utilities are great and I drink water out of a tap.  I don't think that competition would make me enjoy water more or feel that I'm getting a better deal.

My big point is against the hypocrisy of claiming that competition favors the little guy.  Coca Cola could afford to compete, sure, but a little guy probably can't.
OH crap, sorry I read that totally from the totally wrong perspective.  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)Nevermind ... moving on  :-"
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

BigusSchmuck

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BigusSchmuck

https://qz.com/1204956/net-neutrality-isnt-the-problem-its-the-internet-itself/
Interesting perspective, but my argument what's stopping people doing intranet things on their own?

NecroPhile

It's a dumb article that misses the point.  Facebook, Google, Netflix, and Amazon do indeed dominate the internet, but there's nothing stopping me from using one of their many competitors; the point of net neutrality is that for many people there is only viable option for an ISP.

As for the intranet thing, what's the point?  I don't hear anyone clamoring for a tiny local internet that only has things provided by and relevant to the local community; the greatest thing about the internet is that it gives you access to stuff you couldn't get before, not easily anyway.  If I want to shop at the local store, I stop in and shop; if I want to know what my friends, family, and neighbors are up to, I talk to them.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 02/16/2018, 09:40 AMIt's a dumb article that misses the point.  Facebook, Google, Netflix, and Amazon do indeed dominate the internet, but there's nothing stopping me from using one of their many competitors; the point of net neutrality is that for many people there is only viable option for an ISP.

As for the intranet thing, what's the point?  I don't hear anyone clamoring for a tiny local internet that only has things provided by and relevant to the local community; the greatest thing about the internet is that it gives you access to stuff you couldn't get before, not easily anyway.  If I want to shop at the local store, I stop in and shop; if I want to know what my friends, family, and neighbors are up to, I talk to them.
Nailed it. I knew it was missing that something. :P I will like to bring up I find it very interesting states are taking actions on creating their own net neutrality rules. I would move to Montana, but its way too cold for my tastes.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/22/montana-governor-executive-order-requires-net-neutrality/
I'm sure there will be more to follow.

seieienbu

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 06/25/1970, 02:59 PMI'm sure there will be more to follow.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

NecroPhile

Nice!  I like their end run around the FCC trying to stop states from enacting their own rules (because Trump and the rest of the DC GOP scum love state's rights... except when they don't) by making it a rule of government contracts and not a law for all ISPs.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BigusSchmuck