Everdrive V2.2 not working on PCE CoreGrafx

Started by Gredler, 12/06/2017, 04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gredler

The Everdrive works great on my PCE Duo-R, but when I tried popping it into a recently purchased CoreGrafx system it would not boot to the menu. The CoreGrafx works fine with official PCE HuCards, but not this everdrive.

EverDrive V2.2 -  - 21.02.2015

PCE CoreGrafx 05105593b - PI-T63

Does anyone have any ideas of what to change/try, or perhaps I should contact Krikzz? I purchased it from them through a group by here with Tucci a couple years back.

crazydean

I think this was a known problem at time which is why krikzz updated to v2.4.

Gredler

Quote from: crazydean on 12/06/2017, 05:46 PMI think this was a known problem at time which is why krikzz updated to v2.4.
Ah thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and posted on their forums, and the chat suggested I test my psu with a multimeter

Keith Courage

I've come across many V2 everdrives that don't work well with a core grafx or pc engine regardless of it being a V2 V2.1 V2.2 etc... Not sure what the issue is. Kind of aggravating since the original V1 everdrive would work without any issues. Seems to be luck of the draw if you get one that works well with one or not.

Generally Tg16, DUO, and DUO-R/RX systems work fine. Must have something to do with the extra long ribbon cable for the card slot found inside a pc engine or core grafx is my guess.

Gredler

Danm.

I bought this CoreGrafx so that I could have a system in my office to test my homebrew effort on, and not have to move my Duo-R up to my office whenever I am working in there.

I do have my childhood TG-16 but I would have to find and dig it out from a closet, so I guess I should test with that and maybe my Turbob will be my test system, and this CoreGrafx will be a nice paperweight.

crazydean

Quote from: Gredler on 12/06/2017, 07:08 PMDanm.

I bought this CoreGrafx so that I could have a system in my office to test my homebrew effort on, and not have to move my Duo-R up to my office whenever I am working in there.

I do have my childhood TG-16 but I would have to find and dig it out from a closet, so I guess I should test with that and maybe my Turbob will be my test system, and this CoreGrafx will be a nice paperweight.
That sucks. Sounds like TG-16 is the way to go. I wonder if there are problems on the shuttle.

Gredler

MNKY suggested I try cleaning the card slot, and after doing that I was able to see something on the screen,

Black screen white system font in the center of the screen, "error: c1"

I took the MicroSD card out (SanDisk 1gb) and tried again, and then I got a new screen, grey with a film strip style box at the top containing the text " Turbo-ED bootloader
Error:

In the center of the screen in white text "SD card not found" (expected)

At the bottom it says
2015 krikzz Turbo-ED-v2 SN:008f

After reinserting the MicroSD card I am able to get to the file selection menu of the everdrive, but every game I choose (240p test suit, gunhed, blazing Lazers, bonk, and the same game the official card I tried that was working salamander) results in a black screen. The reset button on the EverDrive then works, but no games will load.

The AC adapter I am using is NEC model PAD-105
91-31373
Wakayanagi
Input ac100v 50/60hz 12va
Output dc 9v 650mA

I took it out and re-seated the card and tried kayo Chan Ken Chan, and it worked!!

I then tried catastrophy and it also worked!!

Air Zonk, Bonk, and others are all working now fine!

Do I need to be concerned using this?

Keith Courage

if it works then keep using it. I couldn't see it causing any harm. it could simply be that maybe a few of your pins were dirty and reinserting it made a better connection on the card slot pins.

mickcris

I would see if Krikzz will still allow you to exchange it.  see here
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3287.0

even though he says it only has issues on the TG16, you may want to use it on one someday and it could have problems.

Gredler

Oh that is great advice, thank you! I was able to dig out my Turbob this morning before I left for work, so I am excited to hook it up after work and give it a shot with the EverDrive. If it works on my turbo, I should be set, correct? I hate to ask for a replacement if it's unnecessary, as long as it works and nothing is being damaged by using it I am happy :)