OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Anearth taikenban pics?

Started by exodus, 12/13/2017, 12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exodus

So I'm looking to get a copy of Anearth Fantasy Stories Taikenban, but I can't find any pictures of what the complete package (book+CD) is supposed to look like. Anybody got one they're pretty sure is complete that they could take a picture of? It'd help in tracking this thing down!!

thanks much!! Also if anyone's selling one, lemme know :P

NecroPhile

As far as I know, mine is complete.  I'd have to check, but I think it's just a book with dust jacket and a plastic envelope inside the back cover for the disc.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

exodus

I'd appreciate knowing what that looks like! Because I see listings like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/361883763417 (ANEARTH FANTASY STORIES TRIAL PC Engine SCD pe).

There's no book, but there is a jewel case - so now I don't really know how this thing was presented originally!

NecroPhile

I'll take a couple pics tonight.  Stay toooned!

shubibiman

It's the one on the upper right in the picture below:

IMG
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

CrackTiger

A complete book/disc copy has been up on eBay for months.

I couldn't be bothered to pay what people want for the book and just bought a proper guide book and the separate game with covers instead for less.

I assume that the book is setup the same as the capsule, kabukiden, misc book/cd sets.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

exodus

thanks for all this! So the inserts in that jewel case are probably just in the back of the book, right? And folks just put it in the jewel case?

shubibiman

Quote from: exodus on 12/13/2017, 02:10 PMthanks for all this! So the inserts in that jewel case are probably just in the back of the book, right? And folks just put it in the jewel case?
Exactly. The one you showed is a genuine copy but without the book.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

exodus

cool, that's what I needed to know! thank you!

CrackTiger

Quote from: exodus on 12/13/2017, 02:10 PMthanks for all this! So the inserts in that jewel case are probably just in the back of the book, right? And folks just put it in the jewel case?
The books have an envelope with the disc and a comic book quality print out of the fold together cover and tray liner. You cut them out and fold them yourself, which is why so many CIC copies of these taikenbans look so janky.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

exodus

a-ha... that all makes sense! and I guess a jewel case taikenban means a cut up book somewhere.

NecroPhile

Here's mine:

IMG

From top: with dust jacket, without dust jacket, cut out page front/back and disc holder (heavy chip board with plastic film cover and hub), and finally what I assume is a registration card.

exodus

Just an update on this!! After a lot of searching, I managed to get a complete guide with disc for $35, thanks to:
a) searching for the title in Japanese only
b) asking every amazon seller if their copies were complete (the ones who answered weren't complete - why don't japanese amazon sellers ever answer questions!?)
c) finding it on a Japanese auction site and having a friend pick it up.

So yay! got the whole dang thing, now, and at about 1/3 the usual going price.

IMG