OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Fuck PCEworks :)

Started by soop, 01/09/2018, 01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soop

Someone is selling a bootleg Rondo for roughly 5 times the price of the original.  I hope he chokes on his cereal.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F322989294768
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

tbone3969

But it has a Dracula energy drink.  I heard it has drops of human blood in it.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

NecroPhile

Tobias's pricing is bad enough, but the people that flip 'em for even more (and the people that buy at such prices) are shit.  What's really pathetic is how many of 'em are bought for stupid monies when you can still buy them from Tobias.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

That's less than what people have been listing them for ($700+) on eBay since they came out.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

LostFlunky

Reported, because:

Quote from: SellerI do not sell fake/reproduction games.

tbone3969

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 01/09/2018, 02:02 PMReported, because:

Quote from: SellerI do not sell fake/reproduction games.
Good catch.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

turboswimbz

QuoteThis is very rare to come across, even rarer than the original game itself, it's long sold out with no plans of any restock.
:shock: [-X :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

QuoteI pride myself on quality & honest
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
QuoteThe game itself is new & sealed in perfect condition, there are no marks/splits/dented corners or damage to the cellophane at all, it's perfect.  I don't understand what reproductions are for, I bought this hoping some douche bag in a few years would pad my scamming pockets
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Arkhan Asylum

And this is why Nantettatte Engine has that Winners Dont Buy PCEWorks splashy.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

gilbert

It's sad to see a counterfeit reproduction could get this far, when I could have gotten an original sealed copy at the original price but I turned down the offer. ](*,)

I still regret this decision, even though 20 years had passed.  :cry:

seieienbu

I think PCE Works is kinda shitty.  I hate that they make reproductions of the (very) few English fan translated games out there for profiteering purposes.  With most PCE Works releases though?  I don't much care either way. 

It's not like I would have gotten Sapphire, Beyond Shadowgate, or a Dynastic Hero without them.  I dare say most of the people around here probably got a few of them exactly like I did from Bernie.  Yeah, I think he over prices stuff but I don't think that just selling pirated copies of the original Turbo/PCE games is exactly a terrible crime.  I don't care one way or another about reproductions of stuff that's old.  What I dislike is taking stuff from active members of the community and profiting on it.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

NecroPhile

Same here, seieienbu.  If it weren't for him taking translated stuff, thus driving the peeps doing such work away, I'd not really care at all.  The shit is pricey, sure, but whatever.

I don't even care much about the Sapphire "second print" fiasco.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/10/2018, 12:26 AMAnd this is why Nantettatte Engine has that Winners Dont Buy PCEWorks splashy.
Release teh tileset(s) of that screen so we can replicate it in future PCEFX-made games. ^^
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

PukeSter

Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/11/2018, 04:53 PMIf it weren't for him taking translated stuff, thus driving the peeps doing such work away, I'd not really care at all.
I don't want to sound ignorant but could someone educate me on this? Especially since I don't see how either could legally profit to begin with, and most of the translations done so far are HuCards

Not like some of these translations are new either. Xak 3 came out in 2004 for example.

ClodBusted

I'd suggest having a read in some of the other PCEworks related threads. There was already lots of talk.

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 01/11/2018, 10:44 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/11/2018, 04:53 PMIf it weren't for him taking translated stuff, thus driving the peeps doing such work away, I'd not really care at all.
I don't want to sound ignorant but could someone educate me on this? Especially since I don't see how either could legally profit to begin with, and most of the translations done so far are HuCards

Not like some of these translations are new either. Xak 3 came out in 2004 for example.
Tobias has been an asshole on 5 counts imo.  First, he claimed that his repro Sapphire games were real and sold $3 games for a few hundred.  Second he stole Bonknuts' port of Megaman and sold it.  Some years passed, and then he started printing PCE Works stuff with a logo that will at least help out the serious PCE gamer.  Meanwhile, after he seemingly turned over a new leaf Tobias stole Nightwolve's Xak 3 and Tru's Startling Oddessy 2 translations and sold them.  After that he took the Dracula X dub and then, finally, he once again sold Bonknuts' Megaman.

And yeah, none of this is legal.  Fan translations probably aren't legal.  Pirating games is definitely illegal.  Selling pirated games across international borders?  I hear that can get Interpol on you (in theory).  But nobody cares.  There was an excellent sting on the Dracula X package Tobias was making but Konami didn't care enough to even write a cease and desist letter.

That's a short version.  For the long version check out this thread here

When not taking fan creations I have no problems with him selling his games for, what, 50 euros or whatever he charges.  As PC Engine doesn't exactly get the same amount of translations as, say, SNES?  I don't want anything that a profiteering scumbag might do to discourage anyone from hobbyist enthusiasm leading to me having new games and translations on the system.

soop

I agree with everything you've said Seieienbu, but (and I'm in two minds about this) there's the whole jacking up of prices that we see here.  Fine, we all know that prices generally go up as old copies get lost and demand increases,  but I can't see how cases like this guy charging £450 for a bootleg is gonna help the community in general.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

seieienbu

It definitely isn't.  But that guy's trying to run a business that IS illegal.  With inherent risk comes necessity for more money, I guess?  As outlined above, I think Tobias does some pretty dickish things.  With that said, he also gave us cheap copies of his games as a way of apologizing.  It doesn't change the fact that he intentionally misled people into spending hundreds on his Sapphire repros though.

I think this particular forum isn't his target audience as a lot of us tend to share similar views as I do.  Yeah, repros are fine, whatever.  I'm not paying new-game prices for them, though.  With that said, a lot of the games are just too expensive to buy these days.  I don't blame somebody for wanting to get a copy of an expensive game but not pay the ridiculous rates.  I checked the PCE Works prices a bit ago, and you can generally get 4 games or so for 120 Euros.  Magical Chase he's charging about that much for the one game only.  That makes a vague bit of sense to me for two reasons.  Repro hucards are far more expensive than pressed CDs so it would definitely cost a bit more to begin with.  Beyond that though, going after collectard idiots with the most expensive game on the platform?  Yeah, I'd expect him to charge extra for it.  Imo you should instead just buy an everdrive, but that's a whole other argument.  Tobias' goal isn't to sell games to us, people who know where to get these repro hucards for $45 or whatever they cost over here.  Instead, his goal is to get the larger market that doesn't hang out here.  He wants people who watch youtube videos of Metal Jesus Rocks or whomever that wants to be able to play these games without spending hundreds to thousands of dollars.

Lords of Thunder is a pretty common game, or so I think.  It's not 15 years ago though; you can't buy a new one from TZD for $30.  Apparently Lords goes for up to $200!  That's highway robbery imo but if that's what it's going for then what are you going to do?  Even the .jp version goes for over $100 these days on ebay.  Yeah, if you hang around here long enough you're likely to see either show up at some point but this is a pretty common excellent game that everyone should have in their collection.  Wouldn't it make more sense to someone just now getting into Turbo stuff to buy a reproduction of it if available?