10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Draw a game with MS Paint quiz

Started by ClodBusted, 01/23/2018, 03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

I think Gilbert has it with Parasol Stars... but I'll say

DON DOKO DON

...just in case.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

turboswimbz

Crazy that picture is good the first google search image when I hit search with google is bubble bobble. DARNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.  I stink at paint
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

NecroPhile

It definitely looks like the second planet of Parasol Stars.

Don Doko Don's backgrounds are less detailed and less colorful.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gredler

Parasol stars it is :) Was probably my favorite turbo game after Bonk's Revenge when I was playing the system in the 90s. I loved the Co-Op and was a huge bubble bobble fan before getting Parasol Stars, so the legacy of that style of gameplay was ingrained into my brain so maybe that's why I loved it so much.

Regardless, good guess! :) I am not sure who to give it to since most people gave multiple answers, I'll defer to the OP for who gets to go next

ClodBusted

The rules are like this:

1st RULE: You do not talk about Draw a game with MS Paint quiz.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about Draw a game with MS Paint quiz.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.

4th RULE: Forget about rule 3.

5th RULE: One quiz at a time.

6th RULE: Only ONE guess at a time per post by every participant.

7th RULE: If somebody mentions several games within the same post, only the first guess will be entered.

8th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.

9th RULE: Quizzes will go on as long as they have to.

10th RULE: The first participant who guesses the correct game wins.

11th RULE: If you win a quiz at Draw a game with MS Paint quiz, you HAVE to draw a new game.

As per rule 6, 7 and 10, it's Necromancer who has to follow rule 11 now.

Gredler

NECROPHILE, DRAWIT

bob

Quote from: guest on 01/30/2018, 04:04 PMThe rules are like this:

6th RULE: Only ONE guess at a time per post by every participant.

7th RULE: If somebody mentions several games within the same post, only the first guess will be entered.
this, just this

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 01/30/2018, 04:04 PMAs per rule 6, 7 and 10, it's NecroPhile who has to follow rule 11 now.
Le wut?  I didn't even really guess.

If me agreeing that it's Parasol Stars makes a winner, then it's Esty's turn since he did the same thing.

esteban

Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/30/2018, 05:41 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/30/2018, 04:04 PMAs per rule 6, 7 and 10, it's NecroPhile who has to follow rule 11 now.
Le wut?  I didn't even really guess.

If me agreeing that it's Parasol Stars makes a winner, then it's Esty's turn since he did the same thing.
It will be my turn, this I decree.

First, you must wait.

:)

ClodBusted

If you guys stay indecisive until Sunday, I'll post the next pic.

Gredler

Man, sorry for killing the MS paint thread, who's next?!

esteban

Quote from: Gredler on 02/02/2018, 05:48 PMMan, sorry for killing the MS paint thread, who's next?!
I shall draw something tonight.

I have a house full of teenagers and I need to ignore them via headphone + volume MAX + doodle

ClodBusted

Quote from: guest on 01/31/2018, 11:37 PMIf you guys stay indecisive until Sunday, I'll post the next pic.
Where I live, it is Sunday night now.

IMG

bob

bartre

Boy that looks like Kid Icarus

ClodBusted

Correct Bob, it's your turn now.

bob

i'm on it.  i'm terrible in paint, but will try shortly

ClodBusted

JoshTurboTrollX

I must say, Clod you are ultra talented at MS Paint. :)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ClodBusted

Your kind words make my dong blush in vivid colors, Joshua.

Still, I'd rather see more drawings of you guys than me helping out.

NecroPhile

Here's one to tide you over 'til someone posts something good:

IMG

It's not new and it's not MS Paint, but it's from a similarly primitive utility.  :mrgreen:

bartre

My first thought was CDI Zelda...

NecroPhile

Yep, nully.   You remember seeing it before or did you recognize Princess Misa?

NecroPhile

For peeps that missed the original post, that crappy drawing was made by tracing a printed screen shot from the Gotzendiener and then printing the result, using Artist Tool, an IllustBooster, and a PrintBooster.

JoshTurboTrollX

I haven't guessed any correctly, but I put this together for lulz.  Maybe you can figure it out?  PROBABBLY!?!

IMG
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ClodBusted

That's pretty meta, man.

bartre

Gredler

LostFlunky

That looks like arn old friend.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 02/15/2018, 10:22 AMI haven't guessed any correctly, but I put this together for lulz.  Maybe you can figure it out?  PROBABBLY!?!

IMG
/wiayx.png
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

JoshTurboTrollX

ClodBusted

*farts* next one is up you lazy excuses of sorry asses.

IMG

Psycho Punch

Lemmings? I have no idea what's going on in that picture, I just recognize the character.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Gredler

ClodBusted

Neither Lemmings, nor Boxy Boy (suggested by Necromancer in the shoutbox), nor Shinobi (lol).
EDIT: No Sokoban World either (Necromancer shoutbox).

Hint: It's some sort of strategic hectic puzzle game.

I'll post another hint tomorrow if needed.

ccovell

That would be Ganbare Gorby! (aka Factory Panic) on the Game Gear.

ClodBusted

Good boy, that's correct! From my memories playing this game back then, I thought this would really benefit from a password system, which it unfortunately lacked. Fun game, but gets challenging very soon.

Ccovell, you're next!

bartre

i keep checking this thread after someone guesses right

ccovell

Gredler

Psycho Punch

Pilot Wings doesn't look that good, DISQUALIFIED
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

ccovell

Pilotwings it is!  Fun to draw; a pain in the ass to make any straight lines.

Psycho Punch

The glitchy texture scaling in Pilotwings that went backwards when you were at a certain height was the weirdest and most offputting thing ever about that game. So ugly.

ClodBusted

Chris, your drawing brings back fond memories of the early 90s DOS PC flight simulations with their flat shaded landscapes. Gorgeougs!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2018, 02:26 AMChris, your drawing brings back fond memories of the early 90s DOS PC flight simulations with their flat shaded landscapes. Gorgeougs!
a
w
w
w
w
w

y
i
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Nice one, Chris.  Even my dumbass could see that one.  :mrgreen:

Arkhan Asylum

lol it looks like a football player with his arms out and it makes me laugh.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: ccovell on 02/22/2018, 10:57 PMPilotwings it is!  Fun to draw; a pain in the ass to make any straight lines.
It's funny, I actually have that stage music in my head now!  haha.

ClodBusted

TheClash603

Gunstar Heroes

Please draw Virtual Cameraman next!