The new guy

Started by Legendary Rob, 01/26/2018, 02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legendary Rob

Just got a TG16 but no games or anything yet(in the mail).  I collect for a bunch of different systems, and just wanted to say hello to everyone here.

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!

By "bunch of different systems" you mean "PCE, TG-16, Vistar, Duo, LaserActive, and PC-FX", right?  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Legendary Rob

Quote from: guest on 01/26/2018, 03:11 PMWelcome aboard!

By "bunch of different systems" you mean "PCE, TG-16, Vistar, Duo, LaserActive, and PC-FX", right?  :mrgreen:
lol sure.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Legendary Rob on 01/26/2018, 02:52 PMI collect for a bunch of different systems, and just wanted to say hello to everyone here.
Just don't let it all collect dust!  Play those GAEMZ!! (when you get 'em)  ;)

Also, welcome aboard.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gredler

Always nice to see a new face, welcome! I hope you are enjoying the system so far!

I am curious to hear where you first tried a TG-16, what you thought of it then, and then what you think of it now owning one.

I'm also curious what all you got hard-ware wise with the system? Did you go with a multi-tap and extra controllers; are you using PCE pads and adapters or 100% Turbo; how did you decide to connect the system to your TV?

What games did you decide to pick up for the system? I hope TV SPORT HOCKEY is on the list you would be doing yourself a disservice not owning one of the best hockey games on the system.

geise

Hello good sir! Welcome!

esteban

Quote from: Legendary Rob on 01/26/2018, 02:52 PMJust got a TG16 but no games or anything yet(in the mail).  I collect for a bunch of different systems, and just wanted to say hello to everyone here.
Welcome, comrade.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Legendary Rob

Quote from: Gredler on 01/26/2018, 05:46 PMAlways nice to see a new face, welcome! I hope you are enjoying the system so far!

I am curious to hear where you first tried a TG-16, what you thought of it then, and then what you think of it now owning one.

I'm also curious what all you got hard-ware wise with the system? Did you go with a multi-tap and extra controllers; are you using PCE pads and adapters or 100% Turbo; how did you decide to connect the system to your TV?

What games did you decide to pick up for the system? I hope TV SPORT HOCKEY is on the list you would be doing yourself a disservice not owning one of the best hockey games on the system.
I just got a console, control pad, and power adapter all US.  No games or anything yet, but I ordered Legendary Axe, and a Turbo everdrive for it.  This is new territory for me hardware wise.  Just played some of the games on Wii VC.  Never had one way back when, and didnt know anyone who did.
Probably gonna make a composite cable and connect to pins in the back until I can get something better, gonna do RGB eventually.

Legendary Rob

Purple1308

Quote from: Legendary Rob on 01/26/2018, 02:52 PMJust got a TG16 but no games or anything yet(in the mail).  I collect for a bunch of different systems, and just wanted to say hello to everyone here.
Well welcome to the world of turbo

the haze

Dude, you are in for a world of quality gaming.   :dance: :dance: :dance:  =D>

Don't forgot to PLAY your games, and not just collect them.  :D

esteban

Quote from: Legendary Rob on 01/27/2018, 12:59 AM...No games or anything yet, but I ordered Legendary Axe, and a Turbo everdrive for it.  This is new territory for me hardware wise.  Just played some of the games on Wii VC.  Never had one way back when, and didnt know anyone who did.
Legendary Axe is a great game...challenging later on, but great. You probably (?) already played it via Wii, so I don't need to sing it's praises.

Everdrive will be a perfect companion for TG-16.

Good, good times await you.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Legendary Rob

Quote from: the haze on 01/27/2018, 05:04 AMDude, you are in for a world of quality gaming.   :dance: :dance: :dance:  =D>

Always.

Actually doubt I'll collect much looking at prices on ebay.  TG16 stuff is pretty rare around here in MO.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Legendary Rob on 01/27/2018, 04:25 PM
Quote from: the haze on 01/27/2018, 05:04 AMDude, you are in for a world of quality gaming.   :dance: :dance: :dance:  =D>

Always.

Actually doubt I'll collect much looking at prices on ebay.  TG16 stuff is pretty rare around here in MO.
Last time I was in MO I remember hitting a Slackers which was really cool at the time. Granted this was like maybe 20 years ago or so?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

DeshDildo

Welcome!  There are a crap load of great Hu titles, especially when you unlock all the Japanese market had to offer with the Everdrive.  Enjoy, and always remember...
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Pfloydguy2

Welcome!   I'm also very new here, and somewhat new to the Turbo.  It's an easy system to fall in love with. I'd recommend finding a CD unit at some point, and a way to play games from all regions, as there are a ton of great CD titles.

DeshDildo

Quote from: Pfloydguy2 on 01/28/2018, 02:15 PMWelcome!   I'm also very new here, and somewhat new to the Turbo.  It's an easy system to fall in love with. I'd recommend finding a CD unit at some point, and a way to play games from all regions, as there are a ton of great CD titles.
He'll be set with the everdrive playing hu games from all regions and CD games are region free if he ever upgrades.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

OldTurboBastard

Welcome Legendary Rob. I've recently picked up a PC Engine Duo myself, i had the TG16 back in the day but it was sold around college years. Started getting back interested in the console again (Happy Console Gamer and BitHead1000 videos didn't hurt).

I may be preaching to the choir, but if you have not played Ys 1 & 2 yet, i'd make that a target - you'll need a way to play CD's of course.

One still cheap HuCard out there is Final Lap Twin - the only reason i recommend it is due to the RPG - I haven't played it in decades but back in the day i had a lot of fun with it....or maybe i was just excited an otherwise mediocre racing game turned out to actually provide some decent hours of gaming...would have to revisit but again fond memories.
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg