Funny Sounding Words.

Started by Medic_wheat, 02/01/2018, 09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

Ever spend an eternity listening to a song or favorite line from a movie/show only to realize you have been wrong on what was said?

Well I have. In part because I have a hearing impairment secondary to one to many  TBI's.

Example I had a Hallen Oats song stuck in my head today.

I am getting dressed for work singing "you're a bitch girl and you've gone to far. You're use to relying on the old man's money. Because it's a bitch girl"

My wife gives me the most bizzar look. Are you sure that's the way the song goes?

Of course.

What's the name of the song?

You're a bitch girl.

Wife looks it up.

Do you mean you're a rich girl?

I then look at the lyrics.

Palm meet face.

Pfloydguy2

What's even better is that you think they're called Hallen Oats.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Pfloydguy2 on 02/01/2018, 09:52 PMWhat's even better is that you think they're called Hallen Oats.
I just wasn't paying attention to my texting.

Bloufo

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/01/2018, 09:19 PMHallen Oats song.
I don't know about the song but over here Hallen Oats is my favorite breakfast cereal!

esteban

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/01/2018, 09:19 PMEver spend an eternity listening to a song or favorite line from a movie/show only to realize you have been wrong on what was said?

Well I have. In part because I have a hearing impairment secondary to one to many  TBI's.

Example I had a Hallen Oats song stuck in my head today.

I am getting dressed for work singing "you're a bitch girl and you've gone to far. You're use to relying on the old man's money. Because it's a bitch girl"

My wife gives me the most bizzar look. Are you sure that's the way the song goes?

Of course.

What's the name of the song?

You're a bitch girl.

Wife looks it up.

Do you mean you're a rich girl?

I then look at the lyrics.

Palm meet face.
Ok, I did the same thing with the same song.

SRSLY.

...and you've gone too far...

Anyway, Hallen Oates have a BILLION amazing songs.

I don't care what anyone says. 

———

I have messed up the lyrics to probably every song I have ever sung along to....

(Trying to think of one...)

CHUNDER and VEGEMITE are funny-sounding words....

MEN AT WORK:

"She just smiled and gave me a veggie/vegetable sandwich"

is actually "VEGEMITE sandwich"

"Where women roar and men thunder"

is actually "and men CHUNDER"

(20-30 years of me singing wrong lyrics fixed by interwebs).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Pfloydguy2

Hall & Oates truly embody the 80s.  Really, what's more 80s than awesomely bad music videos with homoerotic undertones?

ClodBusted

AC DC: Thunder's truck.

Hammerfall sound like they are singing something like "Bulbasaur" in the beginning of Hearts on Fire.

Please also have a video search for "Fishmaster" by Nightwish.

Great topic by the way. Misheard lyrics can be really funny.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/02/2018, 01:04 AMI was in like... 2nd grade? 3rd? When Bon Jovi and Little House on the Prairie were both popular.

Woah, we're half way there
Woah, livin' on a prairie
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
Hahahahahahhajaha.

I haven't watched Little House since I was a kid.

I enjoyed that show and watched it every day for years.

It was "family friendly" so my mom allowed us to watch it.

Later, I remember getting excited when I saw that Laura Ingalls Wilder was in Nightmare on Elm Street.

And then I realized, "wait...I don't think that is Laura Ingalls Wilder. It's someone else."

ALSO: "Ingalls" is a funny-sounding word.

xcrement5x

So you mean like "There's a bathroom on right"?
https://youtu.be/5BmEGm-mraE
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Medic_wheat

Another song I was mistaken

I'm your penis (Vinus).

Your desire

Hearts desire.

esteban

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/02/2018, 01:16 PMAnother song I was mistaken

I'm your penis (Vinus).

Your desire

Hearts desire.
I don't believe this!

You are messing with me.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 02/02/2018, 01:19 PM

I'm your penis (Vinus).

Your desire

Hearts desire.
I don't believe this!

You are messing with me.
Totally being honest.

I thought it was some sort of angry feminist music from the 80s. With penis envy issues mixed in.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/02/2018, 01:36 PM
Quote from: esteban on 02/02/2018, 01:19 PM

I'm your penis (Vinus).

Your desire

Hearts desire.
I don't believe this!

You are messing with me.
Totally being honest.

I thought it was some sort of angry feminist music from the 80s. With penis envy issues mixed in.
Well from a group called Bananarama I can't fault your thought process really.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

seieienbu

There was some lame country music song on the radio when I was a kid with a chorus that was repeating the line:
"Wild Angels" over and over again.
I thought they were singing "Whaoh peaches" so I asked my sister, who was driving me at the time.  She said I was retarded or something along those lines.

Quote from: guest on 02/02/2018, 01:04 AMI was in like... 2nd grade? 3rd? When Bon Jovi and Little House on the Prairie were both popular.

Woah, we're half way there
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
I heard it the same way!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

JoshTurboTrollX

Take me down to the very last city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty...

I have a hard time singing it any other way after 30+ years singing it incorrectly, lol
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 02/05/2018, 12:32 PMTake me down to the very last city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty...

I have a hard time singing it any other way after 30+ years singing it incorrectly, lol
When they say "paradise city" I have never been certain of which city they are referencing.

Bloufo

At first I heard some of the chorus with the word "empire", but later settled on "entire".

Bring me entire love
Bring me entire love, oh
Bring me entire love