Any pce experts or devs know the "true" romsizes of PCE CD games?

Started by PukeSter, 03/21/2018, 10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PukeSter

I always found it fascinating how the snes and genny got big 16 megabit and 24 megabit carts. I know pce definitely had some large CD games but I'm kinda curious what the breakdown is (I would guess without Redbook and cutscene art?)

I think BT said years ago that Rondo was an 18 megabit game?

CrackTiger

Isn't Spriggan 6 stages? That would make the in-game content 3 megs total, but everything reused, from player sprites to effects and probably a fair ammount of code, would not take up the same space six times over in a single rom.

So a HuCard version of Spriggan with cinematics on the same level as Musha should be around 3 megs, but definitely no more than 4 megs with gratuitous sound samples.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Winniez

I would be interested to hear about the data breakdown of the CD games. My guess is that since you couldn't really stream data straight from the CD, the RAM was quite a bottle neck.

Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean were actually 48meg carts on Super Famicom.

CrackTiger

Games with streaming fmv (not stuff like Gunbusters)  do streaming.

Tenchi wo Kurau also streams its stages.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: CrackTiger on 03/30/2018, 04:19 PMTenchi wo Kurau also streams its stages.
So that's the infamous game that glitches out badly during stages if you open the disc lid lol. BTW, wouldn't the name of the game be Tenchi o Kurau?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

ccovell

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 03/30/2018, 08:32 PMSo that's the infamous game that glitches out badly during stages if you open the disc lid lol. BTW, wouldn't the name of the game be Tenchi o Kurau?
It is technically the object marker "wo" IMG so writing just "o" makes it lose its distinction when romanized.