10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

PC Engine Complete Guide

Started by exodus, 04/06/2018, 08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exodus

Hadn't seen anyone talking about this yet, maybe I missed it?
It's got every official PCE game ordered by format and date, some pages for peripherals, etc. Nothing you haven't seen before, but it's cute and nice to have!! It's also real cheap from amazon japan!! get it!

https://www.amazon.co.jp/PC%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B8%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%97%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%82%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%89-%E3%83%AC%E3%83%88%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0%E6%84%9B%E5%A5%BD%E4%BC%9A/dp/4074298619/

roflmao

Digi.k

Yea I got a copy a few days ago from amazon.co.jp

I haven't really looked at it yet but it's just been sitting here.

exodus

I like it so far - seeing everything laid out (mostly) chronologically is teaching me some things. I never thought about how bomberman didn't come out til the third year of the console's life!

schnuth

Thanks for the heads up exodus, ordered! On a side note, I love Amazon Japan so very much.

Psycho Punch

Print IS forever after all.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

toaks

Damn. It says it can't ship to my address for some reason.

CrackTiger

Quote from: toaks on 04/08/2018, 01:22 AMDamn. It says it can't ship to my address for some reason.
You can just buy it on ebay.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

toaks

Quote from: CrackTiger on 04/08/2018, 03:07 PM
Quote from: toaks on 04/08/2018, 01:22 AMDamn. It says it can't ship to my address for some reason.
You can just buy it on ebay.
Yea I might. Only thing is they are 2 to 4 times the price.

NecroPhile

It's $26.99 on PlayAsia, plus whatever they charge for shipping.  Maybe that'll be better for ya, toaks.

The book looks cool (there's even a blurb on the PCE-LD1), but so many moon runes.  I'm not keen on spending my pennies on a picture book.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 04/09/2018, 10:28 AMIt's $26.99 on PlayAsia, plus whatever they charge for shipping.  Maybe that'll be better for ya, toaks.

The book looks cool (there's even a blurb on the PCE-LD1), but so many moon runes.  I'm not keen on spending my pennies on a picture book.
I'm glad you said that. I feel the same way and thought I was missing something in the previous posts.

exodus

Regardless of whether you can read it (disclosure: I can), it's still every PCE game with dates and photos for $20. Frankly the info in it is pretty sparse anyway, though there are a few neat things from time to time. Just saying it's a bit less about the words and more about seeing a complete chronology of the system, including games you might not otherwise be browsing through. Worth it to me! (but again, I can get more out of it reading the thing)

TheClash603

I wish there were two pics for each game at least, one of the box and another of gameplay.  Maybe there is?

Digi.k

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/09/2018, 11:30 PMI wish there were two pics for each game at least, one of the box and another of gameplay.  Maybe there is?
EDIT:

The mag is roughly 230-ish pages of cataloging pc engine games and peripherals and also including pc engine publications around that period ie pc engine gekkan, fan etc.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMG

NecroPhile

Six images are too many.  Clash does not approve.  :mrgreen:

roflmao

NightWolve

Quote from: exodus on 04/06/2018, 08:47 PMHadn't seen anyone talking about this yet, maybe I missed it?
It's got every official PCE game ordered by format and date, some pages for peripherals, etc. Nothing you haven't seen before, but it's cute and nice to have!! It's also real cheap from amazon japan!! get it!
Oh, that's Brandon, very early public PC Engine fan - he was one of the first to promote my Xak III translation project on his old insertcredit.com website pfft ~16-17 years ago (site's still around, but quite different).

As for the guide, can't really care given its all-Japanese status.

TheClash603

Six images, six games, the last number on the top right of the page is six...  buying this book supports the sign of the beast!

Psycho Punch

Hey, I wonder if there's any homebrew in it, even if just a passive mention. The japanese doesn't seem that big on PCE homebrews.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Digi.k

If there is it probably be in Japanese but I couldn't see any but then I haven't looked at everything yet. 

Few more pics
IMG
IMG
IMG

schnuth

My guide came in yesterday and it's awesome. Thanks again for the heads up.

Who ever heard of anti-Japanese PC Engine fans? Download the Google Translate app and get over yourselves. In my day you had to walk 10 miles uphill both ways through waist deep snow to just find out a game existed in Japan. Kids these days I tell you. ;)

NecroPhile

I'm not anti-japanese, but neither do I feel the need to spend $30+ on a book I can't read.  It's got lots of nice pictures, sure, but I own many of the games anyway or am familiar with 'em through the internet.

In other words: it's a cool book but I'm a cheap fᴜcker.

Sarumaru

Well shit. I wanted to make a similar PCE-type book too. Oh well :\

NightWolve

Quote from: schnuth on 04/11/2018, 03:32 PMWho ever heard of anti-Japanese PC Engine fans? Download the Google Translate app and get over yourselves. In my day you had to walk 10 miles uphill both ways through waist deep snow to just find out a game existed in Japan. Kids these days I tell you. ;)
Heh. Still not interested but whatever floats your boat. ;)

geise

Fuck! These games were made in Zipang? I never knew! :shock:

TheClash603

Quote from: Ѕarumaru on 04/11/2018, 03:54 PMWell shit. I wanted to make a similar PCE-type book too. Oh well :\
English and I'm in.

xcrement5x

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/11/2018, 10:30 PM
Quote from: Ѕarumaru on 04/11/2018, 03:54 PMWell shit. I wanted to make a similar PCE-type book too. Oh well :\
English and I'm in.
Yeah, I'd agree that there really is a market for a US language version as well, it should obviously include the TG16/CD/Duo stuff though and notes as well.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

exodus

there's definitely nothing stopping you!

toaks

Quote from: Necromancer on 04/09/2018, 10:28 AMIt's $26.99 on PlayAsia, plus whatever they charge for shipping.  Maybe that'll be better for ya, toaks.

Thanks NecroPhile! I'll definitely consider it now!

pushky

Mine shipped today from play asia