RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Sidearms has been around longer than I realized.

Started by mitsuman, 05/04/2018, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitsuman

I remember playing Sidearms at a local convenience store when I was a kid, a few years before the TG16 was launched in the US. But I had no idea it was on the C64 as well. I found this while going through a big lot of stuff I recently picked up.

IMG

tbone3969

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

NecroPhile

Heh, neat.  How's it compare to the Turbob version?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

mitsuman

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2018, 11:05 AMHeh, neat.  How's it compare to the Turbob version?
Oh that I don't know. It is just the manual unfortunately.
Maybe I'll stick it with my PCE version of Sidearms I have since it is the hucard only.  :lol:

bob

really cool.  would love to see it in action.
looks like the 5.25 floppy is asking ~$100 for current active listings

spenoza

It was a 1986 arcade title. It hit C64 only a year before the Turbo.

mitsuman

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2018, 01:42 PMIt was a 1986 arcade title. It hit C64 only a year before the Turbo.
Oh, well damn.
I was thinking it was earlier. I keep forgetting the C64 ran games into the 90s.

Purple1308

Funny I just bought sidearms special for cheap. Which is weird getting use to the controls.

majors

One of my arcade fav's.

...better than Ordyne!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)