10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

An original Spriggan

Started by Green Beret, 05/14/2018, 01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Beret

Hi guys!
I am looking for an original Spriggan. There are a lot of "new" probably bootlegs on ebay. I don't see any pcengine works logo anywhere on those Tobias's bootleg!
Is there something minor to identify the original as I suspect  pcengine works has spread in all over Japan by now too. They possibly sell used bootlegs too :deadhorse:

Thanks

Keith Courage

there is a pce Works logo on the CD itself. So you can't tell without seeing the CD. So most likely if the package is sealed and looks brand new then it is a bootleg.

Green Beret

Great to hear from you:)
I saw a couple of photos on eBay from the bootleg and basically they had ripped those from Tobias's original site. While Dracula X has the logo I didn't see any on Spriggan  CD or I wasn't careful enough!

P.S. Do you remember a weird issue with my DUO R making a buzz on CD playback when there was my hand just above the CD door? A couple of months later issue disappeared. It was magnetism from the screwdriver I used to adjust CD screws!! It had kept electricity for a couple of weeks!

EmperorIng

If you are looking for one, you are far better off searching Yahoo Auctions Japan and figuring out how to buy stuff from there through middlemen.

pixeljunkie

also, just avoid sealed copies and buy one that shows of a photo of the disk [sans PCEW logo] done