Finally picked this up, what took me so long?

Started by tbone3969, 05/27/2021, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbone3969

Best shooter on the system?  Just might be.

IMG

What is your favorite?
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

BigusSchmuck

Nice! I think my favs are still Dragon Spirit and R-Type.

NightWolve

Quote from: tbone3969 on 05/27/2021, 01:40 PMBest shooter on the system?  Just might be.

[Blazing Lasers]

What is your favorite?
Blazing Lasers is excellent, one of the best for sure and it's in my top 5, but in reality the under-the-radar Super Star Soldier is unquestionably THE BEST PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 shooter! :bonkthis:

When I finished all the TG-16 HuCard games I ever rented or purchased, SSS (and sometimes Dragon Spirit) was the one I could keep slipping into my Turbo Express and playing over and over again while sick in bed or when the random mood struck years apart in leisure. Very high replay value!

Side note: I never traveled with my Express for fear of it being lost or stolen, just how I felt about it. Moreover, it never felt comfortable to play-on-the-go, it's just outside my preferences/habits. Shooters you can justify for portable devices, but say RPGs, my other favorite genre ? No, I wanna play comfortably in front of a TV/panel.

Super Star Soldier > Blazing Lasers :dance:

IMG

IMG

IMG IMG

IMG IMG

Favorite tracks of stage 2 and 6:

A Chris "TurboViews" Bucci review/gameplay video for a final good measure!

Added a sprite rip collection, may be useful some time for smiley/icon creation. That's how Keith Kursor was forged! :)

IMG

tbone3969

Super Star Soldier is a great game too.  I had that one as a kid actually.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."