PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Thank you to all!

Started by forsigmar, 10/06/2026, 03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

forsigmar

Its been a while since I have been on here.  I fired up my Duo for the first time in years only to find out the drive was constantly spinning and the laser moved all the way to the right and stopped.  I was devastated, so I came here to find a solution.  After scouring the the repair posts I learned it could possibly be a bad via, and it was!  I wasn't the 3 closest to the light but it was in that general vicinity. I am happy to report the Duo is back up and running.  Thank you all for the valuable information!

NightWolve

Heya forsigmar, congrats on the repair and thanks for stopping by to share!

I see you go way back to 2008, so I'm glad you came back and there was something to come back to! Small stories like this makes paying to host, and rebuild/carry on PCEFX legacy still worth it despite some trouble to make it this far. In a decade or two I'll have to figure out if I can upload/archive all of PCEFX to Wayback somehow so our collective history survives longer.

Though I wish I had more advanced forum software perhaps and finished the theme, but I did the best that I could. Perhaps I concentrated too much on image retention/recovery BITD so old legacy posts still have most images working with the help of Wayback. PCEFX is still too low tech sadly compared to social media these days but oh well...

Anyway, so long and take care! Hope your Duo lasts another 20 years!