PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigusSchmuck

PunkCryborg

blueraven

ccovell

NecroPhile

Quote from: CrackTiger on 08/24/2015, 07:12 PMYs IV?
Yep.  It's a poster/diagram hanging in the doc's office.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/25/2015, 10:56 AM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 08/24/2015, 07:12 PMYs IV?
Yep.  It's a poster/diagram hanging in the doc's office.
I knew that I'd seen it many times, but so many 16-bit RPGs have stuff like that. :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

I thought it was cute, so I had to snag a quick pic when playing through Ys IV earlier this year.

esteban

That's awesome. I don't remember the little dino-wolf(?) from Ys IV.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

blueraven

Fuck. I should have payed more attention to that game. I could never get the translation to work properly.

esteban

CrackTiger is next up for providing screenshot. It will be from some RPG/mahjong game. This is a temporary quiz shot for the interim.

INTERIM SCREENSHOT:

IMG

NecroPhile

That's from Jungle Bros., no?  Whatever happened to that?

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/26/2015, 09:54 AMThat's from Jungle Bros., no?  Whatever happened to that?
Yup! Sadly, I think it was delayed/ended due to RL stuff.

CrackTiger

I don't remember if anyone or perhaps I myself might have used this game in the past, but here you go:

IMG

Bonus Jungle Bros pics:

IMGIMGIMG
IMGIMG
IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 08/26/2015, 10:16 PMI don't remember if anyone or perhaps I myself might have used this game in the past, but here you go:

IMG
Die Hard?

shubibiman

Quote from: guest on 08/26/2015, 10:16 PMIMGIMGIMG
IMGIMG
IMG
You can't just give up on this one ;( Looks beautiful !
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

blueraven

CrackTiger

No correct guesses so far.

esteban

IMG

Addams Family?

I don't think so, but that gray on top of the image is a clue. Hmmmm...

Quote from: shubibiman on 08/27/2015, 02:19 AMYou can't just give up on this one ;( Looks beautiful !
I love the "stylized swirl" theme: clouds, sun, smoke-tentacles from volcano-mountain, etc.

Such a distinct, charming aesthetic vision must not die! We must resurrect it!

EVEN IF IT BECOMES A SHOOT-EM-UP, Jungle Bros. will see completion.

pulstar

My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

esteban

pulstar

I was looking on my phone and that gray part was a only a tiny sliver (yes I could have zoomed in, but didn't :)) ...not got a clue now...

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

CrackTiger

No correct guess yet. Here's more:

IMG

Psycho Punch

Lords of the Rising Sun?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Damn. I always suck at these.

shubibiman

CrackTiger

No correct guess yet. Here's more:

IMG

I'm going out of town for a week tomorrow and won't be able to post more expansions until I get back.

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

CrackTiger

Quote from: turboswimbz on 08/28/2015, 07:32 PMPopful mail?
You're playing through Popful Mail right now aren't you?

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 08/28/2015, 07:57 PM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 08/28/2015, 07:32 PMPopful mail?
You're playing through Popful Mail right now aren't you?
Yeah but not the PCE version
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

CrackTiger

Since I will be away from my computer for a week, I'll post this big reveal:

IMG

And I'll say that it is a PCE exclusive CD game.

shubibiman

pulstar

The graphical style reminds me of Spriggan Mark 2 but I can't remember a level with the same forest/mountain BG theme as in the pic.

CrackTiger

No correct guesses yet.

It has something fundamental in common with Blood Gear and Spriggan Mk2, but this hint may be more misleading than helpful. :)

o.pwuaioc

Macross, but I don't get the hints.

CrackTiger

No accurate guesses yet.

esteban

NecroPhile

CrackTiger

My last hint was too much onfo and my last response pretty much gave it away. I should have just stuck to slowly revealing it.

NecroPhile

Accuratermaze?  Veiguesses Tactical Gladiator?

I got nothing.  :lol:

johnnykonami

We have been stuck on this one for a while.  I feel like it looks like a shooter of some kind...

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

CrackTiger

It's from a specific game in a series. Someone guessed the overall series' main name, but not the particular game it's from.

Otaking

Macross Eternal Love Song
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

johnnykonami

Quote from: Otaking on 10/13/2015, 11:11 AMMacross Eternal Love Song
Oh Snap.  I think you got it.  What is sad is I have played through Love Song to the end, and didn't even think of the horizontal combat sequences.  It's been some years though.  When Macross was mentioned before I automatically assumed 2036.

CrackTiger

Otaking

ccovell

Bikkuriman Daijikai

How the f*** would we know just from some stars?

geise

Hey if I could guess Turrican from a year or so ago anything is possible!  I say HellfireS.