Previous topic - Next topic

RCduck7

I know it has been wanted before.
But does anyone have one for sale??

Cheers
RCduck7
don't be human... be peacefull

2X4

consider modding your system.  It's cheaper and more kick-ass.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Carbon Tiger

Yeah I mean in all honesty it's cheaper to get a 2nd system. The CD games are universal no matter what your running (US Turbo CD or any of the 5 or so Japan versions) so the only difference is the Hucard games. I've seen PC Core Graphx go for pretty cheap for just the systems.

Modding is also a good idea and STILL cheaper then a converter.
My game collection at PCE Daisakusen
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/147/show-user.htm

RCduck7

Well, it's not as easy...
The reason i want a convertor is becausse i want to use it with "the easy regular 29 pin mod" on my future pc engine LT so i can play turbo games on it to.
I know it is eventually possible doing the "easy" mod in conjunction with the "difficult" mod in which you have to route a lot of wires differently.
But i'd rather keep my hands of an expensive LT in the case if something goes wrong with it.

Here's my other post asking about info on an LT...

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=2913.0

Anyways, quality is as good with a converter as with the "difficult" mod right?

termis

Quote from: RCduck7 on 04/23/2007, 02:01 PMAnyways, quality is as good with a converter as with the "difficult" mod right?
For US Duos/TG-16 units, some converters have known issues with not working properly with Arcade system cards.  But in your case, it should be all okay, since the LS will accept the arcade cards natively without any converters.

NecroPhile

If you're gonna mod an LT, you might as well go whole hog and do both the pin 29 mod and a socket mod.  I don't like the idea of using a converter extensively with an LT, as it would risk damaging the hucard socket and/or converter.  Having the goofy thing sticking so far out of a 'portable' is just begging for trouble.  If you don't want to mod, which I agree is crazy to do to a pricey LT, consider buying the Japanese versions of your favorite games (as Tatsujin suggested in the other thread).  A converter will likely cost upwards of $100, which will buy quite a few PC Engine games.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

2X4

another solution rather than drop mad dimes on a converter or an entire extra game library is to grab one of those flash carts.  You can load like 20 games on it and select them from a menu.  I haven't heard much about them, but i'm thinking they work on jap and us systems.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

NecroPhile

Not a bad idea 2X4.  That would solve the problem without having to mod a pricey and somewhat rare LT.  You could stay legal and only load games that are owned - if you even give a shit about such things.  I'm fairly certain that US and Japanese games can be loaded and will run on any system (either the rom is modified or the rom loader takes care of region switching).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

RCduck7

Quote from: 2X4 on 04/24/2007, 01:36 PManother solution rather than drop mad dimes on a converter or an entire extra game library is to grab one of those flash carts.  You can load like 20 games on it and select them from a menu.  I haven't heard much about them, but I'm thinking they work on jap and us systems.
Flash carts...  :-k
Intresting.
Don't know much about it but it's something that is also used on a gameboy advance right?

Seldane

Yes. Flash carts can be used for any cart-based system.

www.neoflash.com has PCE flash carts. A terrible company with terrible products and support, but the PCE card is supposed to be good.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Turbo D

That bastard (ic2005.com) tried to not ship my card, he kept asking for proof that I paid him. I had to email him my paypal receipt several times. Once he realized I paid, he sent it really fast. The flash card kicks ass! It can be used on either pc engine or turbo grafx, and supposedly even super grafx. But it doesn't work on a turbografx with cd attachment for some reason, haha. Some roms don't seem to work either, so you have to download different revisions to see what works. Overall, I would recommend it  :D
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG