@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Apple's best home computer

Started by Joe Redifer, 05/03/2007, 08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is the best Apple computer?

Apple II (including ][, ][+ c GS and //e)
7 (41.2%)
Apple III
0 (0%)
Apple Lisa (includes Lisa 2)
0 (0%)
Macintosh
1 (5.9%)
Macintosh II series
0 (0%)
Macintosh Performa series
0 (0%)
Macintosh Powerbook (100-5300ce series)
0 (0%)
Powerbook G3
0 (0%)
Powerbook G4
0 (0%)
Powerbook Duo (Intel with or without "dock")
0 (0%)
iBook
0 (0%)
Macintosh Quadra
0 (0%)
Power Macintosh (603 and 603e)
0 (0%)
Power Macintosh (604 and 604e)
0 (0%)
Macintosh SE
0 (0%)
Macintosh Classic
0 (0%)
Power Machintosh G3
0 (0%)
Power Mac G4
1 (5.9%)
Power Mac G5
0 (0%)
Mac Tower Duo (Intel)
0 (0%)
iMac (original with G3)
1 (5.9%)
iMac (flat panel with G4)
1 (5.9%)
iMac G5
0 (0%)
iMac Core Duo, etc (Intel)
0 (0%)
eMac
0 (0%)
Cube
2 (11.8%)
Apple TV (yes, this can be hacked to run the Mac OS)
0 (0%)
Something I missed
0 (0%)
Apple never made a good computer and I think Windows ROCKS HARDCORE as an awesomely programmed and well-built and rock-steady OS.
4 (23.5%)
Mac Mini
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Joe Redifer

Vote for the best Apple computer NOW or may you forever have an itchy rash!!!

termis

Apple ][.  My first computer.  Strictly used for gaming (and they were great), and some stupid BASIC programs.

Then I moved up to a Macintosh Classic.  Geez, that was a mistake.  It's the Mac Classic that turned me away from Apple in general.  I liked feeling geeky typing all the cryptic DOS commands and making stupid batch files.

Kitsunexus

Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Joe Redifer

The Apple IIe was great!  We used it in high school.  No mouse or anything.  I remember drawing stuff line by line with commands such as HPLOT 24,62 to 29,47 and stuff like that.  In fact, that's how I did the two drawings below (which I did in high school right before the Genesis was released).  I printed them out on the awesome dot-matrix printer which had sprockets on the paper itself which you could peel off.

IMG
IMG

If I did these drawings in today's high schools, I'd be arrested for sure since these drawings dictate that I'd be the next candidate who'd likely shoot up the school.  They'd also claim I was racist.  I love political correctness, as you can see!

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Seldane

Imac G3 damn it! My first "great" computer (only had bad computers prior to that, like old PCs and stuff). It was awesome, had a LOT of fun with that one back in '99.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

CrackTiger

Apple II GS for me. It was the first computer in my elementary school that played a real game(King's Quest).
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Kitsunexus

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2007, 08:22 AMApple II GS for me. It was the first computer in my elementary school that played a real game(King's Quest).
Hells yeah, and it didn't need no stinkin' MT-32 for music!

j/k, I <3 the MT-32.  :wink:

offsidewing

Apple IIe for one reason:

OREGON TRAIL.

I can't begin to describe the awesomeness of that game.  It was also the first time I cussed at a computer/video game.

DAMN!  I broke another axle tongue and Johnny has Malaria again!  I always had the hottie in my 5th grade class as my wife...

Kitsunexus

Somebody needs to make one of those image generators for Oregon Trail, that has the tombstone and says "_________ died of dysentery.".

I wouldn't be surprised if it's already out there and I just haven't looked hard enough...

NecroPhile

You left out the Pippin.  It is by far the best Apple...... for me to poop on.

Beyond that masterpiece, I'd much rather have a cheaper, more powerful, and more easily upgraded PC.  Silly me, but I'm more interested in substance than I am in style.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2007, 04:44 PMYou left out the Pippin.  It is by far the best Apple...... for me to poop on.

Beyond that masterpiece, I'd much rather have a cheaper, more powerful, and more easily upgraded PC.  Silly me, but I'm more interested in substance than I am in style.
Just because of this post, I have edited Joe's poll with my mighty powers and have added the Pippin as well as the option to change your vote so people like me could vote for the best damn system ever made.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

esteban

Apple ][ for Archon, Castle Wolfenstein, Lode Runner, Wasteland and (I'll stop there). Even better was all the stuff I made in BASIC / Pascal. Good times.

Of course, Apple IIgs was a great last hurrah!

Pirates! and Dungeon Master on IIgs = fun.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Seldane

Don't forget Ys on Apple IIgs!! :wink:
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG

Turbo D

I liked that apple that used to play the oregon trail, but thats about it. I didn't start liking them again until the intel based ones came out. I remember in high school the apple computers really sucked and used to lock up. They were those funky colored imacs. Funny story, my friend bought an expensive ass g5 and then a month later apple released it with intel, lol. too bad for him. But I'm not dogging power pc it does fine in my game systems, and thats what really matters  :D
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Seldane on 05/12/2007, 09:34 AMDon't forget Ys on Apple IIgs!! :wink:
Dude, I had no idea such a thing existed until I saw your pages / posts on all the wacky Ys stuff. But, honestly, I don't remember seeing Ys for IIgs on your pages! More info please :)

Seldane

You're right. My website is directed at the more obscure Ys stuff, I will make a page for the Apple IIgs version ASAP! (The site desperately needed an update anyway).
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Seldane on 05/12/2007, 10:21 AMYou're right. My website is directed at the more obscure Ys stuff, I will make a page for the Apple IIgs version ASAP! (The site desperately needed an update anyway).
Awesome :). I can't wait to see more on it...

nat

Anyone who didn't vote for the Apple III is clearly a chode.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Joe Redifer

Why has the Pippen been added to the list?  It is not a home computer, but rather a piss-poor attempt at a console.  Removed.

nat

So where is the Mac Mini? The Macintosh Pro?

How about the 20th Anniversary Macintosh?
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Joe Redifer

What the hell is the Mac Pro?  Do you mean the Intel Mac which is a tower?  If so, it's there.  I agree I forgot the Mac Mini.  I'll add it.  20th anniversary doesn't count because I say so.

nat

OK, I see it listed as "Mac Tower Duo" or whatever you've got there. Guess I missed it-- it's official name actually is Macintosh Pro.

No 20th Anniversary? Awww, but Seinfeld had one in his apartment during one season of the show...  :(

What about the Plus? You can't discount the Plus! The Plus had the longest production run of any Macintosh model.

And the SE/30? Despite having a similar name and case to the SE, inside, the SE/30 was nearly 100% different. The most powerful of the B&W Macs, the SE/30 was essentially a Macintosh II all-in-one with black and white video. You could even install a color video card and get high resolution color on an external monitor, and greyscale on the internal screen!

And finally..... What about the Apple I?

In all seriousness, I voted for the Apple II series. This line of computers, while each model was drastically different, revolutionized the PC industry.

Seldane

Rachel: Ross, I don't, I just don't think it's going to fit.
Ross: Oh yeah it will! Come on, up! Up-up-up! Up! Yes! Here we go! Pivot! (They start up the stairs again. Chandler is between the couch and the wall now.) Pivot! Piv-ot! Piv-et!! Piv-ett!!! Piv-et!
Chandler: Shut up! Shut up! Shut-up!!

Puppin is still on the list.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Friends sucks ass.

Pippin removed.

offsidewing

Clearly any machine that can play the original Oregon Trail is the best.  Why is this thread still alive??

I'm going hunting.  Too bad my sorry pioneering ass can only lug 100 pounds of bear meat.

offsidewing

...and now Bjork is stuck in my head.

Kitsunexus

Bjork pwns.

Also, the Pippin was a consolized Mac, it could still run some Mac software, so PUT IT BACK, DAMNIT! :)

Joe Redifer

Kitsunexus

GUTS

Please post the o rly owl next, those pictures just keep getting funnier.

Kitsunexus

nat

Somebody keeps sneaking the Pippin back on to the poll.

Yeah, I'm being a narc.

JOE!!!!!!!!!!

NecroPhile

Damn Keranu, abusing his mod. powers for a worthy cause.  :)

Joe Redifer

Quote from: natJOE!!!!!!!!!!
Hi.  How are you?  I am good.

Seldane

The Puppin is gone again. Aaah, good times.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Joe Redifer

Doesn't look like much of a home computer to me!

Kitsunexus

But you can hear the "SCREEE-ONG" of the laser warming up!

offsidewing

As I look at my first image of a "pippin" I can only conjure one thought:

"What do you think you're doing, Dave?"

Does that thing play Oregon Trail?

nat

Kitsunexus

That's exactly where the circle came from, very first GIS result. :P

Seldane

The Puppin is back again. Uuuh, bad times.
IMG

offsidewing

Ah, so the HAL eye is a photoshop patch job.

Darn, that ruins my imaginary conversation!

Seldane

By the way, where's the Pippin World? Atmark < world. Atmark = suck.
IMG

NecroPhile

Uh... that is an @World, isn't it?  I thought that the Atmark was white and the @World was black.  :-k

Seldane

Hell yeah. @World is black, and everybody knows that black > grey.
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Seldane on 05/16/2007, 01:31 PMBy the way, where's the Pippin World? Atmark < world. Atmark = suck.
I disagree 100%, but @world sounds cool too.
IMG